What is your conception of "Good Art" (paintings) ?

I would rather have a colonoscopy than have to spend an hour in an art museum, but my son bought tickets for me to see the traveling Van Gogh exhibition, and I was moved. Of course the music was as much a part of it as the art, but still...

I emphatically subscribe to the Dave Barry principle of "modern" art, to wit, "If I could have done it, it ain't art."

Warthog Paw-Prints

How about Andy Warhol, financed by the perpetual enemies of human progress, a typically degenerate heiress living off a 200-year old trust fund?
I think he was a very decent artist, with a nice style of fragmented color portraits of celebrities. I don't paint in that style myself too much, except for one painting I did about 3 years ago of the Rolling Stones. >>

1706744273069.png

Warthog Paw-Prints

I think he was a very decent artist, with a nice style of fragmented color portraits of celebrities. I don't paint in that style myself too much, except for one painting I did about 3 years ago of the Rolling Stones. >>

View attachment 895872
Inheritance Is the Root of All Evil

His sponsor was Edie Sedgwick, descendant of one of the first Speakers of the House. Hereditary plutocratic slime, dead at 28 from lifelong drug use. Good riddance, but we'll have to get the rest of them ourselves.

This could be any kind of paintings, Watercolor, oils, acrylics, pastels, etc. Could be any style. Realism, surrealism, abstract, semi-abstract, whatever. Show examples of what you mean & name the artist if possible.

And what subject matter ? Landscapes, moods, portraits, people, animals, nature, etc.

I've always been a fan of the Hudson River School.

This is silly- Art is like good musicians? There are so - so many types- and they vary- a person cant really say which one is better.. how about all equal in their own way- place and time.:oops:

Good art is beautiful, if not to everyone, then to enough people to be worth the cost of making it.

rashidckk_A_swirling_vortex_of_rainbow_colors_blending_togeth_95918a15-80dd-48f6-a40f-b47e21ce8702_0.webp

Forum List

Back