What is your conception of "Good Art" (paintings) ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
This could be any kind of paintings, Watercolor, oils, acrylics, pastels, etc. Could be any style. Realism, surrealism, abstract, semi-abstract, whatever. Show examples of what you mean & name the artist if possible.

And what subject matter ? Landscapes, moods, portraits, people, animals, nature, etc.

When you can articulate what you're looking at is helpful.

Unless what you're looking at can best be described as "a f@#$%^g mess", then it's probably "art" according to some talentless bed wetter.

Last edited:
artist.jpg

This could be any kind of paintings, Watercolor, oils, acrylics, pastels, etc. Could be any style. Realism, surrealism, abstract, semi-abstract, whatever. Show examples of what you mean & name the artist if possible.

And what subject matter ? Landscapes, moods, portraits, people, animals, nature, etc.
Pollock sucks, Frazetta rules.

IMG_6531.jpeg

IMG_6532.jpeg

Bernini's David. He just looks like he's about to mess someone up.
Bernini_masterpiece_1.jpg

A little Gothic Plate
fc7709480428d2b6fe12ad266eab9478.jpg

A little Chinese Mountain pattern Lamellar Armor
Ewnr6UjUYAAOoBq

The bronze sword of GouJian, made 700 years before the coming of Christ. Found in a tomb, it is still sharp.
sword-of-goujian_2048x2048.jpg

Pyramid of the Sun: (Mexico)
AF1QipMalPfTHhy0olauQ8uGoBs0mP95ZmEZNwNCynQu=s680-w680-h510

Koln Cathedral
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F33666846-25a4-47b9-b56d-630f70484973_3279x2459.jpeg

USS Constitution. Because America!
uss-constitution-010.jpg

I look for technique and intent.

Paintings agreeable to the eye....and that's very personal....beauty is a very subjective thing!

I like French Impressionists, I like Cubism, I like British landscape paintings....

I like many kind of paintings!:)

You said art. :meow:
If I get an excuse to post Mountain Pattern Armor, I'm gonna take it. :wine:
You don't HAVE an excuse. The word "paintings" is right in the title question. Couldn't be more obvious. Welcome to the thread. Just post on topic, that's all.

I would call "Good Art" paintings, any paintings that would be pleasant to me, to have them hanging on my walls, in my house.

To fit that description they would have to have some amount of real objects, or if abstract (which I ordinarily don't like much), they would have to have some element of reality in them.

Example:
1706577445594.png

In this painting, called "Angles & Curves", Most of the left side of the painting is sharp angles. Most of the right side is rounded curves.

Forum List

Back