Trump Has A First Amendment Right To Say The Election Was Stolen

Where was she convicted at?

The asshole of the United States. The Swamp in the District of Columbia.

71-Year-Old Grandma Convicted on All Charges by DC Jury After Praying in Capitol on Jan. 6​

Story by Randy DeSoto
ā€¢ 3w ā€¢ 4 min read
(link)ā€¦MSN

Too bad you don't like this nation's capital. That's your problem. Your bigotry aside, the old lady was convicted by a jury of her peers.

The claim is often made by Republicans advancing Trumpā€™s disproven claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen but it is simply not true. Clinton said you can run a good campaign ahd have the election stolen. The quote is take out of context. When Clinton said " have the election stolen" she was not referring voter fraud, rigged voting machines, fraud in counting centers, etc but rather lack of campaign funds, loss of key support and various types election inference prior to the election.

Clinton conceded the election graciously after all networks claimed Trump was the victor. She considered asking for recounts but decided against it. Trump ask for recounts and recounts of the recounts. And still he not would not accept the results. A full month of taking his claim to 45 state and federal counts found no agreement in the courts. He began a campaign of pressure and threats against state and election officials which failed. He started a nationwide assault on the integrity of the voting machines which failed. He even created his own set of electors which he tried to run in. When all else failed he called for the Proud Boys and other radical right groups to come to Washington and "Fight Like Hell" which of course they did in US Capital.

No, not Clinton nor any America president has attacked our electoral system, the very heart of American democracy as Trump did.
My problem with Trumpā€™s approach was even if the election was proven to have been rigged, what could be done about it.

Would Trump be declared the winner? I donā€™t think the Democrats would allow that to happen and the Democrats seem to hold the power in this nation at this time. Many are above the rule of law. The Democrat Party is the Alpha Party in our nation and the wimpy, wimpy, wimpy Republican Party, the Beta Party.

Would we have a brand new election? Who would sit in the Oval Office while we were waiting for the results of the election?

It is almost better to just accept the results of an election even if it was rigged and work to insure that canā€™t happen again. I really donā€™t see that happening today so it is quite possible we now live in a nation where we think our votes make a difference but they really donā€™t.

Of course I wonder if in many elections the actual rulers of our nation, the Deep State, control both Presidential candidates so it really doesnā€™t matter who gets elected. If so, Trump presents the Deep State with a big problem as they donā€™t control him.

.... I wonder if in many elections the actual rulers of our nation, the Deep State, control both Presidential candidates so it really doesnā€™t matter who gets elected. ....
That's the issue we all are faced with. I would like to see Trump re-elected but I think I would rather see who is going to free Julian Assange first. Then I'll decide.

Oops, sometimes it is.

You seem a bit detached from reality. There were many trials.
Those who committed violence during the riot deserve to stand trial.

Assuming all the Praying Grandma did was pray, she should not be harassed by Democrats who hate Trump and his supporters.

Too bad you don't like this nation's capital. That's your problem. Your bigotry aside, the old lady was convicted by a jury of her peers.
Was she convicted by a jury of her peers or by a gang of Democrats who hate Trump?

Was she convicted by a jury of her peers or by a gang of Democrats who hate Trump?

Who knows what you think you prove posting someone else's opinions just because they happen to align with yours.

Fact of the matter is, it was illegal to be inside that building that day. If prosecutors presented evidence to the jury of her inside, then she's guilty. Doesn't matter if the jury is Democratic or Republican.

Those who committed violence during the riot deserve to stand trial.

Assuming all the Praying Grandma did was pray, she should not be harassed by Democrats who hate Trump and his supporters.
So if we accept your demonstrable lie, she didn't commit any crimes.

Haha, I wonder why this hilarious nonsense didn't work in court? šŸ¤£

So if we accept your demonstrable lie, she didn't commit any crimes.

Haha, I wonder why this hilarious nonsense didn't work in court? šŸ¤£
Simple answer ā€¦ the trial occurred in Washington D.C.

It is hard to find an unbiased jury in the Swamp.

If you are right and the legal system is totally fair in D.C. then why did this happen?

And the Supreme Court may have a say in the Jan 6th trials.

Highlights from Supreme Court arguments over key charge for Jan. 6 rioters​

Updated
April 16, 2024 at 4:50 p.m. EDT
|Published April 16, 2024 at 9:30 a.m. EDT

So should anyone who went inside the building. It was not open to the public that day.
Democrats%20calling%20for%20violance.jpg

Gee, who are the "peers" in Washington, DC? How can anyone be proud of our countries capital city?

Carjackings, homicides and robberies are stealing a sense of security across Washington, DC

By Gabe Cohen and Rachel Clarke, CNN
4 minute read
Updated 8:44 PM EST, Mon February 5, 2024

My problem with Trumpā€™s approach was even if the election was proven to have been rigged, what could be done about it.

Would Trump be declared the winner? I donā€™t think the Democrats would allow that to happen and the Democrats seem to hold the power in this nation at this time. Many are above the rule of law. The Democrat Party is the Alpha Party in our nation and the wimpy, wimpy, wimpy Republican Party, the Beta Party.

Would we have a brand new election? Who would sit in the Oval Office while we were waiting for the results of the election?

It is almost better to just accept the results of an election even if it was rigged and work to insure that canā€™t happen again. I really donā€™t see that happening today so it is quite possible we now live in a nation where we think our votes make a difference but they really donā€™t.

Of course I wonder if in many elections the actual rulers of our nation, the Deep State, control both Presidential candidates so it really doesnā€™t matter who gets elected. If so, Trump presents the Deep State with a big problem as they donā€™t control him.
The only place elections can be proven rigged is at the state level because it is the states that control the elections and are responsible for investigating election fraud not the federal government. It is ironic that the electoral college, cherished by republican and hated by democrats is what makes Trump's claim of the election steal so ridiculous.

The only place elections can be proven rigged is at the state level because it is the states that control the elections and are responsible for investigating election fraud not the federal government. It is ironic that the electoral college, cherished by republican and hated by democrats is what makes Trump's claim of the election steal so ridiculous.
Fair point.

Every time I read about these Jan 6th hearings, all I ever hear is that they are building a case that the so-called insurrection happened because Trump kept on saying that the election was stolen, his supporters believed him, and then some of them rioted, attacking the Capitol. They are finding evidence after evidence after evidence to prove that Trump claimed the election was stolen (not that we didn't know that in the first place) but the kangaroo hearing has to prove Trump repeatedly said the election was stolen even though everyone already knows he's said that many times. What a farce!

So what? Trump has a first amendment right to say the election was stolen, as many times as he wants to say it. That doesn't make him legally responsible if others believe the so called "big lie" and then riot and attack the Capitol. That's on them, not on Trump. Democrats called the 2016 election stolen for years and took steps to overthrow Trump. Where are the investigations of them? Oh, wait a minute. I spoke too soon. Those investigations are coming when Republicans take over the House after the midterms.
i don't know what you are talking about when it comes to January 6 . I am a liberal who supports Democrats... the only reference to Election fraud was done by Republicans and Donald trump... Democrats talk about Trump's statement let go down to the capitol and take our country back ... this is the only thing I heard from the left speech that day... that he said to the crowd to point out where any Democrats ever said he couldn't talk about election fraud if you are say when dems said stop your lying ...

Forum List

Back