What is your conception of "Good Art" (paintings) ?

One mention about BAD art. The abstract, silly junk that is just a few lines, which mean nothing and the artist pretends they do, and idiots pay millions of $$$ for these trash things.

1706586325513.png

Sold for $300 Million

1706586370220.png

Sold for $200 million (was this nonsense actually done by the "artist's" 2 year old child ? :rolleyes:

Notice how the link author calls these absurdities "masterpieces", Gag!

Last edited:
One mention about BAD art. The abstract, silly junk that is just a few lines, which mean nothing and the artist pretends they do, and idiots pay millions of $$$ for these trash things.

View attachment 895039

Sold for $300 Million

View attachment 895040

Sold for $200 million (was this nonsense actually done by the "artist's" 2 year old child ? :rolleyes:

Notice how the link author calls these absurdities "masterpieces", Gag!

Some people appreciate abstract art, and some do not. To appreciate the above paintings, having some education or experience in appreciation or technique helps.

Some people appreciate abstract art, and some do not. To appreciate the above paintings, having some education or experience in appreciation or technique helps.
No, those things dont help anything. There is nothing to appreciate or be educated about. Those paintings have no meaning, and are just pure nonsense, masquerading as something artistic.

We could call them "Idiot Art", based on the idiocy of hundreds of millions of $$$ being paid for them. Could also be called Hoax Art.

Last edited:
I would call "Good Art" paintings, any paintings that would be pleasant to me, to have them hanging on my walls, in my house.

To fit that description they would have to have some amount of real objects, or if abstract (which I ordinarily don't like much), they would have to have some element of reality in them.

Example:
View attachment 894953
In this painting, called "Angles & Curves", Most of the left side of the painting is sharp angles. Most of the right side is rounded curves.
It looks like the cover of Goodnight Moon, if you happen to be high.
IMG_0839.jpeg

Last edited:
No, those things dont help anything. There is nothing to appreciate or be educated about. Those paintings have no meaning, and are just pure nonsense, masquerading as something artistic.

We could call them "Idiot Art", based on the idiocy of hundreds of millions of $$$ being paid for them. Could also be called Hoax Art.
Yes they do. If you don't understand them, that's your problem. And that's fine.

Yes they do. If you don't understand them, that's your problem. And that's fine.
1706738951579.png
There is nothing to understand. Paintings of NOTHING, selling for millions of $$$ are one of the world's biggest scams. They are dependent on fools thinking they are "art", when they're nothing but mindless scribbles.

These are ART (which really mean something and convey feelings >>

These are NONSENSE SCAMS, and you fall for it >>

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
1706738578854.png

1706738629281.png

1706738664571.png

:puhleeze:

Attachments

• 1706738765373.png
    1706738765373.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

There is nothing to understand. Paintings of NOTHING, selling for millions of $$$ are one of the world's biggest scams. They are dependent on fools thinking they are"art", when they're nothing but mindless scribbles.

These are ART (with real meaning and convey real feelings) >>

1706741172568.jpeg

1706741472000.jpeg

1706741642672.jpeg

These are silly, senseless con jobs >>

1706741744040.png

1706741784562.png

View attachment 895039

Sold for $300 Million

View attachment 895040

That Reflects on the Degeneracy of the Plutocrats

View attachment 895805There is nothing to understand. Paintings of NOTHING, selling for millions of $$$ are one of the world's biggest scams. They are dependent on fools thinking they are "art", when they're nothing but mindless scribbles.

View attachment 895796

View attachment 895797

View attachment 895799
First Comes Goo, Then Comes Gulag

The only thing I understand about the junk painting in the novel Red Square is that its prominence foretold the irrational but widely praised nightmare that Russia was headed for.

*as far as you can tell

We covered this ground already.
What I can tell is "as far" as anyone alive. I have been a painter for 70 years, have taught art at 3 colleges of the City University of New York, and have sold thousands of $$$ of paintings over the decades, in New York City, the Francisco Bay area , and Tampa Bay area.

View attachment 895805There is nothing to understand. Paintings of NOTHING, selling for millions of $$$ are one of the world's biggest scams. They are dependent on fools thinking they are "art", when they're nothing but mindless scribbles.

View attachment 895796

View attachment 895797

View attachment 895799
Warthog Paw-Prints

How about Andy Warhol, financed by the perpetual enemies of human progress, a typically degenerate heiress living off a 200-year old trust fund?

Forum List

Back