🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Kind of State in Israel?

Talk like that will get you a very moral Iranian nuke or two. Keep up the good work. I guess the ovens and gas chambers weren't enough for you folks. :D
What ovens and gas chambers? There were no ovens or gas chambers. Them were showers and warming stations. What an imagination!

I'll remember that you're a holocaust denier. :lol:
And I'll think about how you would have been a perfect concentration camp guard before your operation. Oh wait, Frau Ima, after the operation you and Ilsa Koch could have shared the same room in the camps. Since Frau Sherri liked your post about ovens and gas chambers, perhaps she, too, would have enjoyed a room in Buchenwald with you two and yelled out Mach Snell, Juden.

Hossfly, georgephillip, et al,

The first axiom we have to understand it that US Foreign Policy is far from perfect. The policy presupposes that globally (wherever you are), what is good for America, what strengthens America, what is in the best interest of US National Security is universally applicable to every other nation.

To advance America’s national security, the President is committed to using all elements of American power, including the strength of America’s values.
SOURCE: Foreign Policy | The White House

American Policy, takes as a Premise, that it is the leader of the free world.

EXCERPTS From: US National Security Strategy - 2010 said:
Our national security strategy is, therefore, focused on renewing American leadership so that we can more effectively advance our interests in the 21st century. We will do so by building upon the sources of our strength at home, while shaping an international order that can meet the challenges of our time. This strategy recognizes the fundamental connection between our national security, our national competitiveness, resilience, and moral example. And it reaffirms America’s commitment to pursue our interests through an international system in which all nations have certain rights and responsibilities.
... ... ...​
A key source of American leadership throughout our history has been enlightened
self-interest. We want a better future for our children and grandchildren, and we believe that their lives will be better if other peoples’ children and grandchildren can live in freedom and prosperity. The belief that our own interests are bound to the interests of those beyond our borders will continue to guide our engagement with nations and peoples.
SOURCE: http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/national_security_strategy.pdf

We can nail down US Policy. But "morality" is no universal truth, no moral relativism that is accepted across the board by every culture or religion. And US morality is anything but codified in any meaningful way. Whatever you say it is, you will find an exception (if not many) where the US violated the principle cite.

IMHO there exists a fairly wide gap between theoretical principles of morality and practical aspects of statecraft as practiced by the US government at the behest of the economic elites that control it. One of many examples:

"The Truman Doctrine was a policy set forth by the U.S. President Harry Truman in a speech[1] on March 12, 1947 stating that the U.S. would support Greece and Turkey with economic and military aid to prevent their falling into the Soviet sphere.[2]

"Historians often consider it as the start of the Cold War, and the start of the containment policy to stop Soviet expansion.[3]

"President Harry S Truman told Congress the Doctrine was 'the policy of the United States to support free people who are resisting attempted subjugation by armed minorities or by outside pressures.'[4]

"Truman reasoned, because these 'totalitarian regimes' coerced 'free peoples', they represented a threat to international peace and the national security of the United States. Truman made the plea amid the crisis of the Greek Civil War (1946–1949).

Truman Doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you detect a belittling or mocking tone in Harry's defense of "free peoples" in Greece and Turkey when US citizens were being lynched in his home state of Missouri?
I think the readers realize that millions of people around the world would love to come to this country and become citizens, a country that Georgie Boy hates fervently and spends his life bashing it. Why he is still here is a mystery. Let's see -- the news said that Ecuador was the best place to retire to. Se habla espanol, Georgie Boy? Meanwhile, we all know that America and its citizens have helped so many unfortunate people around the world, and Georgie Boy is so blind to this as he continues his whining against America. If Georgie Boy had put the same kind of effort when he was younger to learn some kind of trade as he puts in bashing America, perhaps he would be a more satisfied American citizen. I don't buy it that Georgie Boy really cares that much for the unfortunates around the world. He can cut and paste all his wants to from Wikipedia, but I think he uses people as scapegoats to bash this country where life hasn't turned out the way he wanted it to be for him.
(COMMENT)

Do not mistake critical retrospection for nation bashing. It is through looking at our past that we can understand better what we are today. The fact that we can discuss our weaknesses, makes us a stronger nation. By accepting our mistakes, we improve the potential of making better decisions in the future.

Does the US make mistakes. Absolutely. The US is the most famous nation in the world for polishing the justifications to conceal that fact. But, we (on occasion) learn from our mistakes --- and sometimes not.

Most Respectfully,
R
Rocco...Chomsky seems to believe that many of our "mistakes" deliberately advance the economic interests of the US investor class (if I'm reading him correctly) If he's right, how likely is it that we will ever understand (much less correct) our weaknesses so long as we continue "choosing" between Democrat OR Republican in the voting booth?

This platform we are communicating with right now has the power to convince millions of US voters (especially those millions of eligible voter who don't normally perceive any difference between the two major parties) to get involved by voting for candidates representing already existing third parties.

Should hundreds of Republicans AND Democrats find themselves FLUSHED from the DC sewer in the span of a single news cycle, Change would not be hard to find, no?

What ovens and gas chambers? There were no ovens or gas chambers. Them were showers and warming stations. What an imagination!

And I'll think about how you would have been a perfect concentration camp guard before your operation. Oh wait, Frau Ima, after the operation you and Ilsa Koch could have shared the same room in the camps. Since Frau Sherri liked your post about ovens and gas chambers, perhaps she, too, would have enjoyed a room in Buchenwald with you two and yelled out Mach Snell, Juden.

You mean I would have made a good "warming station" attendant? :lol:

georgephillip, Hossfly, et al,

The first axiom we have to understand it that US Foreign Policy is far from perfect. The policy presupposes that globally (wherever you are), what is good for America, what strengthens America, what is in the best interest of US National Security is universally applicable to every other nation.

To advance America’s national security, the President is committed to using all elements of American power, including the strength of America’s values.

We can nail down US Policy. But "morality" is no universal truth, no moral relativism that is accepted across the board by every culture or religion. And US morality is anything but codified in any meaningful way. Whatever you say it is, you will find an exception (if not many) where the US violated the principle cite.

I think the readers realize that millions of people around the world would love to come to this country and become citizens, a country that Georgie Boy hates fervently and spends his life bashing it. Why he is still here is a mystery. Let's see -- the news said that Ecuador was the best place to retire to. Se habla espanol, Georgie Boy? Meanwhile, we all know that America and its citizens have helped so many unfortunate people around the world, and Georgie Boy is so blind to this as he continues his whining against America. If Georgie Boy had put the same kind of effort when he was younger to learn some kind of trade as he puts in bashing America, perhaps he would be a more satisfied American citizen. I don't buy it that Georgie Boy really cares that much for the unfortunates around the world. He can cut and paste all his wants to from Wikipedia, but I think he uses people as scapegoats to bash this country where life hasn't turned out the way he wanted it to be for him.
(COMMENT)

Do not mistake critical retrospection for nation bashing. It is through looking at our past that we can understand better what we are today. The fact that we can discuss our weaknesses, makes us a stronger nation. By accepting our mistakes, we improve the potential of making better decisions in the future.

Does the US make mistakes. Absolutely. The US is the most famous nation in the world for polishing the justifications to conceal that fact. But, we (on occasion) learn from our mistakes --- and sometimes not.

Most Respectfully,
R
Rocco...Chomsky seems to believe that many of our "mistakes" deliberately advance the economic interests of the US investor class (if I'm reading him correctly) If he's right, how likely is it that we will ever understand (much less correct) our weaknesses so long as we continue "choosing" between Democrat OR Republican in the voting booth?

This platform we are communicating with right now has the power to convince millions of US voters (especially those millions of eligible voter who don't normally perceive any difference between the two major parties) to get involved by voting for candidates representing already existing third parties.

Should hundreds of Republicans AND Democrats find themselves FLUSHED from the DC sewer in the span of a single news cycle, Change would not be hard to find, no?
(COMMENT)

Anyone would be foolish to suggest that most of the defense industry doesn't make out like a bandit during period of conflict. And the Heavier the conflict, the longer the conflict, the more they make. This is unquestionably true.

Nether of the major political parties actually operate in the best interest of America; they are composed of a leadership that has turned from being patriotic to professional, with the intent to maximize their self-interest and the wealth of the shareholders that are their benefactors. They want to keep their jobs and that requires money. We have the best Congress money can buy. Politicians wear patriotism like a cheap suit or a disguise.

There is a theory that the only way to reorient the two major parties is to vote-in a third party. It won't happen because most Americans are too conservative and are generally loyal to a brand name. The change is more difficult than one can imagine. It would take a huge personality for America to rally towards in order to make it happen. And the US hasn't had a leader of that magnitude in decades.

Most Respectfully,
R

Rocco..we'e in agreement a single third party alternative isn't viable.
What about conservatives and liberals substituting Libertarian or Independent or Green or Peace and Freedom party candidates for their regular brand?

EXCERPTS From: US National Security Strategy - 2010 said:
Our national security strategy is, therefore, focused on renewing American leadership so that we can more effectively advance our interests in the 21st century. We will do so by building upon the sources of our strength at home, while shaping an international order that can meet the challenges of our time. This strategy recognizes the fundamental connection between our national security, our national competitiveness, resilience, and moral example. And it reaffirms America’s commitment to pursue our interests through an international system in which all nations have certain rights and responsibilities.
... ... ...​
A key source of American leadership throughout our history has been enlightened
self-interest. We want a better future for our children and grandchildren, and we believe that their lives will be better if other peoples’ children and grandchildren can live in freedom and prosperity. The belief that our own interests are bound to the interests of those beyond our borders will continue to guide our engagement with nations and peoples.
SOURCE: http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/national_security_strategy.pdf

IMHO there exists a fairly wide gap between theoretical principles of morality and practical aspects of statecraft as practiced by the US government at the behest of the economic elites that control it. One of many examples:

"The Truman Doctrine was a policy set forth by the U.S. President Harry Truman in a speech[1] on March 12, 1947 stating that the U.S. would support Greece and Turkey with economic and military aid to prevent their falling into the Soviet sphere.[2]

"Historians often consider it as the start of the Cold War, and the start of the containment policy to stop Soviet expansion.[3]

"President Harry S Truman told Congress the Doctrine was 'the policy of the United States to support free people who are resisting attempted subjugation by armed minorities or by outside pressures.'[4]

"Truman reasoned, because these 'totalitarian regimes' coerced 'free peoples', they represented a threat to international peace and the national security of the United States. Truman made the plea amid the crisis of the Greek Civil War (1946–1949).

Truman Doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you detect a belittling or mocking tone in Harry's defense of "free peoples" in Greece and Turkey when US citizens were being lynched in his home state of Missouri?
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
I have the greatest respect for you, Rocco, and can see how knowledgeable you are. I have no problem with someone criticizing our country because I know that no country in this world is perfect, not even our own. However, I am sure you can see from Georgie's posts that he has nothing good at all to say about America, and the only thing ever coming out of him is bashing America. I am sorry to say, but I certainly think he actually hates America even though he is a citizen here. How bad can this country be if millions of people from around the world would give anything to become a citizen of this country? Evidently Georgie is not grateful for what this country has offered people.

You mean I would have made a good "warming station" attendant? :lol:
No, you would have made a good twin sister of Ilsa Koch, the Bitch of Buchenwald. After Frau Ima became a woman, he/she wished that he/she didn't go through with the change because he/she would have had more strength as a man cracking that whip. Regardless of the before and after of Frau Ima, he/she must have been and probably still is (according to his/her fellow Nazis) the best comedian of his/her Nazi Bund group in New York State when the subject of concentration camps is brought up. However, I guess the Bund meetings in his/her area are not on a regular basis, so the "spring chicken" Frau Ima, not knowing what to do with all his/her spare time goes on a message board with much older people to show he/she is an equal opportunity hater instead of finding a LGBT chat room where he/she could discuss his/her situation since the change.

Are you sure Ilsa didn't live long enough to bring David and Charles into being?
For all we know, Georgie Boy, Ilsa would have considered you a non desirable and would have sent you straight from Buchenwald to Auschwitz because you would not be considered an Aryan. As you can see, little Georgie Boy ran to his trusty Wikipedia to tell us about the Koch Bros. I guess when you have so little in life, the Koch Bros. and those like them must look like boogymen to someone like Georgie Boy. For all we know, Georgie Boy might think that these men are worse than Hitler ever was. Meanwhile, as you all can see, Georgie Boy has no problem with Frau Ima's jokes when it comes to the Nazis and the Jews. He probably sits behind his computer giggling at them

There's no doubt at all about how Ilsa and Adolph would have felt toward you, Hossie.
I'll just bet you would've spent hours polishing that Nazi belt buckle.

Good, godly conservatives just have to follow orders, right?

There's no doubt at all about how Ilsa and Adolph would have felt toward you, Hossie.
I'll just bet you would've spent hours polishing that Nazi belt buckle.

Good, godly conservatives just have to follow orders, right?
Why, Georgie Boy, we know how you feel about the Jews and you have shown us how you feel that they are responsible for so much that is wrong in this world. Adolph would have loved a guy like you. He would have overlooked the fact that you are not an Aryan but a Jew hater like the rest of the Nazis and would have made you one of his right-hand assistants. Meanwhile, let me reiterate -- has anyone ever seen Georgie Boy making any kind of comment regarding Frau Ima's concentration camp mentality. Evidently he must salivate over Frau Ima's type of humor when it comes to the Jews and the Nazis. I can say that I thought it was disgusting what Frau Ima said to Sunni Man and I had no problem understanding why he said he was putting her on Ignore., but little Georgie Boy can't seem to get his fingers working on the keyboard when Frau Ima starts in with the Jews and Nazis.

Speaking of Jewish Nazis:

"As for Israel, its territory would cover over three-quarters of mandate Palestine, much larger than envisaged by the United Nations partition plan of 1947. Israel would have defined borders for the first time in its existence — which would spell the end of the Zionist project to gather world Jews into what was once Palestine.

"Israel’s insistence on being recognized as a Jewish state aims to keep the Zionist dream alive in the event of a two-state solution. A Jewish state would continue to give primacy to its Jewish citizens plus any Jews anywhere that want Israeli citizenship under its law of return.

"This project is of course resisted by the 1.45 million Palestinian citizens of Israel, who are still second-class citizens. And they have the support of a growing number of Israeli Jews who believe in equal rights for all Israelis.

What Kind of State? » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Putting aside all kosher distractions, Hossie, do you believe in equal rights for all Israelis?

"As for Israel, its territory would cover over three-quarters of mandate Palestine, much larger than envisaged by the United Nations partition plan of 1947. Israel would have defined borders for the first time in its existence — which would spell the end of the Zionist project to gather world Jews into what was once Palestine.

"Israel’s insistence on being recognized as a Jewish state aims to keep the Zionist dream alive in the event of a two-state solution. A Jewish state would continue to give primacy to its Jewish citizens plus any Jews anywhere that want Israeli citizenship under its law of return.

"This project is of course resisted by the 1.45 million Palestinian citizens of Israel, who are still second-class citizens. And they have the support of a growing number of Israeli Jews who believe in equal rights for all Israelis.

Putting aside all kosher distractions, Hossie, do you believe in equal rights for all Israelis?
What kind of question is that, GP? You know I'm a republican.

Oh, here is Georgie Boy right back with his Counterpunch shtick. Do the citizens of Israel whatever their religion have the right to vote, Georgie Boy? Are the Israeli Jews allowing all religions to practice their religious beliefs in peace, Georgie Boy, which is quite unlike the Muslim countries. Why do you have a problem with Israel being known as a Jewish state but have no problem with Muslim states where people who are non Muslims and even Muslims of different sects are harassed and murdered and their houses of worship destroyed? Do I detect a bit of prejudice there when it comes to this, Georgie Boy? I am beginning to think that you are following in Louie Farrakhan's footsteps when it comes to the Jews. I wonder if Georgie Boy has a problem with other Arabs admitting that their brethren have it much better in Israel than they do in Arab countries. Would it really be too much trouble, Georgie Boy, to put aside your favorite sites like Counterpunch and actually read some articles about what Arabs have said which are complimentary toward Israel. There have been articles put up here, but evidently it is just beneath you to accept the opinion of any Arabs (or any others) who aren't derogatory toward Israel.

Do Arab citizens of Israel enjoy equal spending on their schools, Hossie?
Are Arab citizens of Israel able to purchase land?
Any Arabs telling other Arabs not to rent to Jews in Israel?
Are Arabs from around the globe invited to colonize the occupied territories like Jews are?
Israel was created as a Jewish state NOT a state for all of its citizens.

For all your constant deflections of Muslim prejudices, I notice you still haven't bothered to start any threads complaining about Arab hate. That makes me think the only reason you mention Muslim crimes is because you can't bring yourself to acknowledge Jewish issues.

"A crucial issue is how sovereign this Palestinian state would be. Would it exercise full control over its borders? Recently, for example, Israel stopped Mahmoud Abbas’ envoy from traveling to South Africa to attend the inauguration of its new president. It has also introduced a rule that makes it even harder for West Bank Palestinians to enter Jerusalem.

"And if the new Palestinian state does control its own borders, would it be forced to accept Israeli behind-the-scenes monitoring of all travelers, an approach initiated in Gaza before Israel sealed its borders?"

Georgie you seem to be unable accept the stated fact
that Israel is a state which exists as a REFUGE FOR JEWS
as a JEWISH STATE Who denied that fact?
Its founding involved Purchase of Land --as part of a
JEWISH NATIONAL TRUST------that trust can sell land --or
actually "lease" it to whomever it pleases just as such
trusts can do so in the USA -----In the USA---the catholic
churchs owns some land----it does not have to sell it to me.
In fact in Israel the Church also owns land which it does
not have to sell to me as does the WAQF
If I go to a JEHOVAH WITNESS building and demand
a right to live in it----do I get it? As to renting or selling
land to jews ----wrong again----there is quite a program
among arabs to buy land and KEEP it out of the hands of
jews Gee you are such a silly guy. Arabs can
buy any land which is on the OPENED MARKET in Israel

In classic shariah shit holes----jews do not actually own
land -----even the land they owned before the dogs of
arabia invaded

arabia invaded
Florida is much safer. The smart ones go there. :D

arabia invaded
"Who denied that fact?"
Lord Balfour and His Majesty, for starters:

"His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine..."

Are you silly enough to believe Jews have done "nothing...which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine"?

Sure you are.

Balfour Declaration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

arabia invaded
"Who denied that fact?"
Lord Balfour and His Majesty, for starters:

"His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine..."

Are you silly enough to believe Jews have done "nothing...which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine"?

Sure you are.

Balfour Declaration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“By virtue of the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, all peoples have the right freely to determine, without external interference, their political status and to pursue their economic, social and cultural development, and every State has the duty to respect this right in accordance with the provisions of the Charter.”

It is clearly illegal under international law to deprive a people of their right to self-determination by using forcible actions including use of violence.

The right to self-determination - IHL

When Israel annexes Area C an equal number of Jews and Arabs will occupy the land between the River and the sea. Do you expect all Arabs and all Jews will enjoy the same right to self-determination in Greater Israel?

Forum List

Back