What makes arguing with liberals so frustrating #1

The American Government is a fake corporation used by business to absorb losses.

1) actually 10,000 corporation go under each month so most losses don't get absorbed

2) government could not absorb losses if liberals did not give it the power to do everything!! As a liberal are you too slow to grasp that??

Conservatives are for limited government. Just because we say we don't want government doing things where government is inept, counterproductive, wasteful or whatever, does not mean that we should shut it down totally.

Yes, we do need roads, bridges, highways, jails, schools, aircraft carriers, GPS satellites, standard weights and measures, courts, etc etc.
What about banning gay marriage? What about the legalization of marijuana? You can't say that you support limited government when you want the government to limit things that you dislike, but to stay out of what you like. To do that would be hypocrisy.

I see this over and over. Conservatives are for limited government. Just because we say we don't want government doing things where government is inept, counterproductive, wasteful or whatever, does not mean that we should shut it down totally.

Yes, we do need roads, bridges, highways, jails, schools, aircraft carriers, GPS satellites, standard weights and measures, courts, etc etc. Saying we don't need subsidies for crummy cars badly built and still with astronomical prices does not mean we don't need highways.

The conservative view is that the government should be a useful servant of the people's needs. However, you give it too much money, power, authority it becomes the worst sort of master.
Let's be honest, being for limited government is what Conservatives should be for...however, you also see "Conservatives" arguing for things that require an increase in governmental structures / control such as limiting trade, limiting immigration, increasing DoD spending (or keeping it at the absurdly high levels we currently have), or imposing some Conservative ideologies (limiting marriage rights, keeping the fight up against drugs, limiting / eliminating abortions).

When you consider that most Conservative don't even keep to the basic ideology of "limited government" perhaps you should look towards unifying what you stand for instead of getting offended at others not agreeing with what you stand for.

I see this over and over. Conservatives are for limited government. Just because we say we don't want government doing things where government is inept, counterproductive, wasteful or whatever, does not mean that we should shut it down totally.

Yes, we do need roads, bridges, highways, jails, schools, aircraft carriers, GPS satellites, standard weights and measures, courts, etc etc. Saying we don't need subsidies for crummy cars badly built and still with astronomical prices does not mean we don't need highways.

The conservative view is that the government should be a useful servant of the people's needs. However, you give it too much money, power, authority it becomes the worst sort of master.
Let's be honest, being for limited government is what Conservatives should be for...however, you also see "Conservatives" arguing for things that require an increase in governmental structures / control such as limiting trade, limiting immigration, increasing DoD spending (or keeping it at the absurdly high levels we currently have), or imposing some Conservative ideologies (limiting marriage rights, keeping the fight up against drugs, limiting / eliminating abortions).

When you consider that most Conservative don't even keep to the basic ideology of "limited government" perhaps you should look towards unifying what you stand for instead of getting offended at others not agreeing with what you stand for.
The problem is that there are 2 'conservatives' that identify as such. There are the limited government conservatives and then there are the moralistic conservatives. They are strange bed fellows because they are, at their core, diametrically opposed to each other yet that is what we have.

It is why I cannot consider myself a 'conservative' as the meaning of the term is amazingly vague when it dies not differentiate between the two.

And they're all ignorant dupes of big money greedy idiot billionaires....see sig.

We don't argue with Liberals. We tell you how it is and you choose to be an idiot and not believe us.
You parrot bs propaganda and idiotic "common sense" and ignore facts, history, and science- the New BS GOP is a catastrophe and a disgrace. The world is aghast, hater dupe. See sig.

And they're all ignorant dupes of big money greedy idiot billionaires....see sig.

We don't argue with Liberals. We tell you how it is and you choose to be an idiot and not believe us.
You parrot bs propaganda and idiotic "common sense" and ignore facts, history, and science- the New BS GOP is a catastrophe and a disgrace. The world is aghast, hater dupe. See sig.

The fact is you're too stupid to do things on your own and have to be led by your hand. You prove that by voting Democrat. You're a disgrace to humanity.

The fact is you're too stupid to do things on your own and have to be led by your hand. You prove that by voting Democrat. You're a disgrace to humanity.
I'm a retired teacher and businessman, brainwashed functional moron.

Maybe the gop should raise taxes to pay for those things you agree we need, and at the same time let people alone with their sexual mores vis a vis other adults.

in other words, you don't like that people disagree with you.

:rofl:

I'm a retired teacher and businessman, brainwashed functional moron.

Retired teacher? Bet the union kept your job for you. Did you speak to the students that disagreed the way you do here? If you did, be thankful mine weren't one of them.

Businessman? Asking do you want fries with that isn't being a businessman.

I am more amused by liberals than frustrated. I am amused that their inability to logically defend a point so easily morphs into personal attacks, strawman arguments, projection, cries of racism or (my favorite) a response similar or equal to "bullshit!"

Liberalism is (an amusing) mental disorder.

If you would like to know which political party is lying through their teeth watch Fox News for 24 hours and fact check everything you hear. If it were not for lies and false premises the Republican party wouldn't have anything to say.

I get it. The Conservative's idea of good governance is making sure there's enough war for the war profiteers. Making it responsive to the needs of "job creators"-even if those jobs are overseas. Insuring that "friends" of Conservative government aren't discouraged from sheltering their money in tax havens and making sure the middle class picks up the slack. Rewarding hugely profitable global corporations with billions in subsidies, oh I could go on, this stereotyping game is easy, conservatives aren't the only ones who know how to play it.

Forum List

Back