What Might Be Trump's REAL Intentions?

Yes, Trump appeals to the angry anti-establishment types - but his personality and style are not suited for effective governance. Does anyone remember Nikita Khrushchev?

Nikita Khrushchev - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
I read his memoirs. Very interesting dude. his life prior to the revolution explained how come the Russians went communist. I think communism is stupid, but the way things were prior to the revolution explained a lot of went afterwards.

And Nikita Sergeivich did a lot of good. If you are going to argue that Brezhnev was in any way better You will get an angry and vituperous argument from me. Nikita Sergeivich prolonged communism in russia, which is a bad thing. But he made great strides in the life of the russian. Brezhnev was a kleptocrat and nothing more

Here's one for ya, cons. Donald Trump. When he fails to get the Republican nomination, will he run as an independent? He raised his hand at the debate, indicating that he would not say that he wouldn't in the event he did not get the nomination.

What if . . . . Trump has Democratic interests at heart all along? What if he never had any intention of running for president on the Republican ticket? What if his intention is to raise a huge ruckus during the primary campaign, designed to appeal to enough of a segment of the Republican party so that, when he runs as an independent, he will effectively split the Republican vote and insure the election of the Democratic candidate in the general election?

Far fetched? Perhaps. But he has espoused some pretty liberal positions in the past and has had known contacts with some rather high-ranking Democrats. Everyone pretty much agrees that he is a loose cannon. Enough of a loose cannon to pull off something like this?

Hmmmmmm?

What if his intention is to raise a huge ruckus during the primary campaign, designed to appeal to enough of a segment of both the Republican and Democratic parties, include the Independent party so that, when he runs as an Independent, he will effectively split the Republican and Democratic votes, garner the Independent vote and insure a win for the Independent in the general election?

Agreed, with a modification: his intent is to split the GOP vote in order to ensure Hillary is elected.

That's what George said!

That's not what I said!
Actually, that is pretty much exactly what George said. The only difference is that George said for the democrats rather than specifically for Hillary - same endgame though as she is the presumptive nominee at this point.

Direct quote from George:
"designed to appeal to enough of a segment of the Republican party so that, when he runs as an independent, he will effectively split the Republican vote and insure the election of the Democratic candidate in the general election?"

Here's one for ya, cons. Donald Trump. When he fails to get the Republican nomination, will he run as an independent? He raised his hand at the debate, indicating that he would not say that he wouldn't in the event he did not get the nomination.

What if . . . . Trump has Democratic interests at heart all along? What if he never had any intention of running for president on the Republican ticket? What if his intention is to raise a huge ruckus during the primary campaign, designed to appeal to enough of a segment of the Republican party so that, when he runs as an independent, he will effectively split the Republican vote and insure the election of the Democratic candidate in the general election?

Far fetched? Perhaps. But he has espoused some pretty liberal positions in the past and has had known contacts with some rather high-ranking Democrats. Everyone pretty much agrees that he is a loose cannon. Enough of a loose cannon to pull off something like this?

Hmmmmmm?

What if his intention is to raise a huge ruckus during the primary campaign, designed to appeal to enough of a segment of both the Republican and Democratic parties, include the Independent party so that, when he runs as an Independent, he will effectively split the Republican and Democratic votes, garner the Independent vote and insure a win for the Independent in the general election?

Agreed, with a modification: his intent is to split the GOP vote in order to ensure Hillary is elected.

That's what George said!

That's not what I said!
Actually, that is pretty much exactly what George said. The only difference is that George said for the democrats rather than specifically for Hillary - same endgame though as she is the presumptive nominee at this point.

"designed to appeal to enough of a segment of the Republican party so that, when he runs as an independent, he will effectively split the Republican vote and insure the election of the Democratic candidate in the general election?"

I'm saying Trump would win.

Hmmmmmm?

I think the issue can be summed up in a word: ego. Trump's campaign staff consists of 3 people (2 since he lost his campaign manager). He barely writes speeches. He's talking off the cuff in virtually every appearance. There's no indication of planning, strategy or even significant preparation.

He's essentially making this shit up as he goes along. And he's doing it because he wants the attention. I genuinely think that's as deep as it goes.

Hmmmmmm?

That's what George said!

That's not what I said!

Thank you. I am assuming Hilary will get the nod even though I am hoping it will go to someone else.

Hmmmmmm?
The election is still a way off, but if he did go libertarian. As long as Ben Carson got the nominee, I would be happy. Carson is my guy. Anyway I really do think Trump will get a lot of the millinials vote. He is entertaining and the younger generation will go for him. Just my two cents.

Hmmmmmm?

That's what George said!

That's not what I said!

I misread. I thought that you claimed that George did not state what he did.

Honestly though, Trump has exactly zero chance of winning. There is not a single indicator that shows he can win in a head on - it is even more unlikely in a 3 way.

The left will not vote for him, period.

That's what George said!

That's not what I said!

I misread. I thought that you claimed that George did not state what he did.

Honestly though, Trump has exactly zero chance of winning. There is not a single indicator that shows he can win in a head on - it is even more unlikely in a 3 way.

The left will not vote for him, period.

Given his policy stances (i.e. pro socialized medicine), Trump should run as a Dem.

He is a mole planted by a foreign government to undermine America.

Oops, I got him confused with someone else...

Conspiracy theories abound!!

Reminds me of 2008 with Obama......:rofl:

Trump is running for POTUS because he believes he can win. PERIOD.

Forum List

Back