What mthe poor mean to democrats IMO

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
They are pawns in a political game to further an agenda.

I don't see any legislation from the Democrats that would assist the truly downtrodden to escape their circumstances. You know like...school choice or welfare to work incentives and other programs like that. Most of the current programs offer nothing more than the basics to get by.

Why would anyone who's never known any other lifestyle be encouraged to better themselves when you do everything for them? You give them just enough to keep them trapped. Trapped in failing schools. Trapped in shitty neighborhoods. Trapped on the gov't dime because if they make 10.00 too much you cut them off. Trapped on unemployment because if they work one day a week on a temp job they lose their earned benefits.

They are literally punished for TRYING to better themselves.

So many programs to trap them and nearly none to better them.

Many programs. CalWorks in California for one. It's assistance for a given period of time while people train for jobs. You're given incentives and resources to find work and if you don't succeed you're kicked off cash assistance. If you succeed you have a job. Since Clinton and Gingrich there's no lifetime receiving welfare for the poor. Only never ending welfare for the very wealthy and corporations.

• Banned
Not really. I would love to have an honest discussion with you. But....you have to be honest before that can happen.

Since you consider me so dishonest why do you even bother posting? You question my motives in nearly every thread as if it matters. My motive is to pass time and maybe learn a thing or two along the way. Your motive seems to be that of a stalker. Creepy really

Forum List

Back