What sort of depraved monsters boil turtles alive?

Are they abducted in the night by angry reptiles in hoods?

Do outraged squabs set set shrinkwrap fires in their yards?

I kill the lobster before I boil it.

Put your chef's knife point right between the eyes push and rock it then put the lobster in the pot

Softie.

I recall going fishing with one of the slaves who couldn't bear dispatching the fish before I showed him how to gut it, so I says, "You want me to gut it alive?"

Hell, I do everything alive. So far anyway.

"One of the slaves"?? :confused:
Just how old are you, man?

Although it is reasonable to expect an older person to behave in a mature and courageous manner. However, in reality, quite often, age has nothing to do with one's mental growth. You have to ask yourself, will a mature person proudly display his cruelty on an internet bulletin board?

It is curious to note that a slight different approach to the topic has forced the initial critics of the black man boiling a turtle alive to defend his actions. So the issue was raised to serve as veiled racial slur. Nothing more.

I unequivocally denounce in the strongest term anyone of any race who engages in cruelty towards animals or any living beings.

Last edited:
It is curious to note that a slight different approach to the topic has forced the initial critics of the black man boiling a turtle alive to defend his actions. So the issue was raised to serve as veiled racial slur. Nothing more.

I unequivocally denounce in the strongest term anyone of any race who engages in cruelty towards animals or any living beings.

Why denounce an entire race? Why not the individuals? Do you denounce the entire white race because of Ted bundy? Of course not.

Perhaps you missed the part where you said you denounce entire races of people for individual acts. Do you hate whites for what Manson did? Bundy? Kazinski? What?

Everybody is against cruelty. The problem is that you have some very strange ideas about how you define the term.

Perhaps you missed the part where you said you denounce entire races of people for individual acts. Do you hate whites for what Manson did? Bundy? Kazinski? What?

What part of anyone of any race is difficult to understand? That is quite clearly not denouncing entire races of people for individual acts, but rather denouncing any individual, regardless of race, who engages in what Vikrant considers cruelty.

Everybody is against cruelty. The problem is that you have some very strange ideas about how you define the term.

I consider boiling alive a living being with fully developed central nervous system a cruel act. What is so strange about it?

I consider boiling alive a living being with fully developed central nervous system a cruel act. What is so strange about it?

And a lot of people do NOT consider that a cruel act. Frankly I find your ideas about what cruelty is to be rather silly.

And a lot of people do NOT consider that a cruel act. Frankly I find your ideas about what cruelty is to be rather silly.

So you'll consent to being boiled alive then? And I don't mean "consent" in the Sean Hannity sense...

Can we see it on YouTube?

Last edited:

There are large number of men in this world who execute women just because the poor woman forgot to cover her face in the public. I call it cruelty towards women. I am pretty sure they (the cruel men) too think that my notion of cruelty is silly.

Note: I am not suggesting that lives of women has same worth as the lives of turtles. All I am saying is that if you can condition yourself to be cruel to one living being then you can just as easily be cruel to another living being.

So you'll consent to being boiled alive then? And I don't mean "consent" in the Sean Hannity sense...

I agree. Unless you have been boiled alive, you have no right to assert that boiling someone alive is not cruel.

Why denounce an entire race? Why not the individuals? Do you denounce the entire white race because of Ted bundy? Of course not.

Why not? The poverty pimps are blaming all the crackas for a crime committed by a hispanic dude.
Fair is fair....

So you're against boiling up a big pot of mudbugs? Thats a real shame,you dont know what you're missing.

There are large number of men in this world who execute women just because the poor woman forgot to cover her face in the public. I call it cruelty towards women. I am pretty sure they (the cruel men) too think that my notion of cruelty is silly.

Note: I am not suggesting that lives of women has same worth as the lives of turtles. All I am saying is that if you can condition yourself to be cruel to one living being then you can just as easily be cruel to another living being.

No? But you are indeed making the comparison and the claim that both acts are cruel.

All I am saying is that if you can condition yourself to be cruel to one living being then you can just as easily be cruel to another living being.

True or not that is entirely beside the point. Moral, ethical, or whatever "cruel" is strictly a matter of opinion. Don't flatter yourself into thinking that your opinion is any more or less valid than anyone elses' except to you.

I agree. Unless you have been boiled alive, you have no right to assert that boiling someone alive is not cruel.

How intelligent does someone have to be to understand that there is a distinction between people and food for most of us.

If I were mauled by a bear I wouldn't whine about how cruel the bear was. It would just be a case of a bear being a bear. And it would be no more cruel for me to kill and eat the bear.

How intelligent does someone have to be to understand that there is a distinction between people and food for most of us.

If I were mauled by a bear I wouldn't whine about how cruel the bear was. It would just be a case of a bear being a bear. And it would be no more cruel for me to kill and eat the bear.

Dunno -- how intelligent does someone have to be to read the post they're responding to? No distinction was made between "food" and "people"; no reference to eating was made at all. The premise was "boiling alive a living being with fully developed central nervous system". And you declared that that's not cruel. Therefore we are free to plunk you into this pot, as soon as it's boiling.

Trust me, nobody's going to want to eat you. We're just being not-cruel.

I've got a bell pepper, onion and celery...

No distinction was made between "food" and "people";

Exactly my point. Most of us do not feel that people and ham sandwiches deserve the same levels of emotional involvement and tend to question the sanity of those who do.

Forum List

Back