What sort of depraved monsters boil turtles alive?

Reality is nowhere near as simplistic as you pretend and your "two groups" construct is a good example. You would be entirely mistaken to claim that I am a part of either of your supposed two groups. I firmly believe that animals should be dispatched as quickly and painlessly as possible. However with crabs, lobsters, and possibly turtles that may include dropping them into a pot of boiling water as that seems to be about as instantaneous as it gets for them.

Diet is an entirely different subject and not one I am really interested in discussing here other than to say that I believe that anyone that would allow children to starve rather than feed them doesn't have much claim to being humane.

There are millions of children who grow up to be healthy adult on balanced vegetarian diet. Just because you are not eating pork (or any meat) does not mean you are starving. Your logic is bizarre and gives an impression that you are deliberately trying to be disingenuous.

Are there millions?

I'm not disagreeing, but I do wonder if there are millions of adults who were raised on a vegetarian diet. It is not all that common, and certainly was less so in the past (when such adults would have grown up).

75% of India's population is vegetarian. That is millions right there. There could be more countries like that.

There are millions of children who grow up to be healthy adult on balanced vegetarian diet. Just because you are not eating pork (or any meat) does not mean you are starving. Your logic is bizarre and gives an impression that you are deliberately trying to be disingenuous.

Are there millions?

I'm not disagreeing, but I do wonder if there are millions of adults who were raised on a vegetarian diet. It is not all that common, and certainly was less so in the past (when such adults would have grown up).

75% of India's population is vegetarian. That is millions right there. There could be more countries like that.

I think you may be high with the 75% number (I did a quick search after reading this) but it's India....it doesn't take a very high percentage to equal millions in a country of a billion people. :tongue:

^ I do not have census data in front of me.

However, this is the logic I used:

1. India has one billion people
2. 80% of Indian population is Hindu
3. Hindus are sort of mandated by their religious belief not to eat meat
4. Let us say about 5% do not follow Hindu code of conduct
5. That leaves around 75% vegetarians

Even if 60% of Indians do not meet which is certain, the number would be in millions.

^ I do not have census data in front of me.

However, this is the logic I used:

1. India has one billion people
2. 80% of Indian population is Hindu
3. Hindus are sort of mandated by their religious belief not to eat meat
4. Let us say about 5% do not follow Hindu code of conduct
5. That leaves around 75% vegetarians

Even if 60% of Indians do not meet which is certain, the number would be in millions.

From the little I read, estimates were at 30-40% of the population being vegetarian. That's obviously many, many millions of people.

I was thinking of the US more than worldwide when I first questioned things, I should have said that or kept my big mouth shut. :tongue:

^ Even 40% of one billion would be 400,000,000 vegetarians. :)

---

I just noticed a typo in my last post. I meant to say this: Even if 60% of Indians do not eat meat which is certain, the number would be in millions.

Last edited:
Why, minorities, of course!
Boiling alive isn't the only abuse they heap upon the head of our poor amphibian cousins:

As the title says...they boil them alive. Mmm mmm good, them's good eats. Swamp chicken.

Ever have Crabs ? No silly , not down there ! how do you think they're prepared ? Thrown directly into a pot of boiling water . Animal cruelty indeed - we are a nasty species .

If we judge humans by the way we behave, towards each other and every other living thing on earth we would have to concede we are indeed the scum of the earth.
I do like a fresh oyster though.

We kill to live just like every other animal. That's the way Nature works like it or not.

Oh for fuck sake. Minorities have no majority on animal cruelty. Stupid rednecks definitely own that spot. I live among them so I think I'm qualified to be an expert on this matter.

The damn turtles don't come out until spring. There are far more edible things to devour in a pinch.

Anyone eat lobster?

^ The topic raised in this thread was in response to someone boiling a living being with developed central nervous system. There are two groups on this forum - the first group believes that the act is extremely cruel. The second group to which you belong maintains that it is not a cruel act. I gave you the example of slaughter to illustrate the different options you have if you must eat meat. You have an option of killing an animal in humane manner. You seem to insist in killing an animal in the most inhumane way possible. Why are you that way? Do you enjoy inflicting pain and suffering?

Hungry children do not need to eat pork. They can eat rice, beans, vegetables, fruits, grains, etc. which combined together provides adequate nutrients. But no one is stopping you from devouring pigs even though I do not know why a sane person would choose an unhealthy diet like pork. You do not need to give 'hungry children' excuse. Just kill the animal in a humane manner. Is it too much to ask?

Reality is nowhere near as simplistic as you pretend and your "two groups" construct is a good example. You would be entirely mistaken to claim that I am a part of either of your supposed two groups. I firmly believe that animals should be dispatched as quickly and painlessly as possible. However with crabs, lobsters, and possibly turtles that may include dropping them into a pot of boiling water as that seems to be about as instantaneous as it gets for them.

Diet is an entirely different subject and not one I am really interested in discussing here other than to say that I believe that anyone that would allow children to starve rather than feed them doesn't have much claim to being humane.

I do not buy into veganism as a viable form of existence. Most vegans I have met are not as healthy as those who eat meat.

That isn't being disingenuous, it's calling it like I see it.

I doubt any of the treatment of the turtle is as cruel as the modern agri-business is towards livestock. And if you buy it you are supporting it.

I doubt any of the treatment of the turtle is as cruel as the modern agri-business is towards livestock. And if you buy it you are supporting it.

Framers who aren't beholding to the big farm corporation rule the day, when it comes to humanely killing food animals

Oh for fuck sake. Minorities have no majority on animal cruelty. Stupid rednecks definitely own that spot. I live among them so I think I'm qualified to be an expert on this matter.

The damn turtles don't come out until spring. There are far more edible things to devour in a pinch.

what is this "BANNED" thing ??

Boiling alive isn't the only abuse they heap upon the head of our poor amphibian cousins:

"An Oklahoma City man was arrested last week on a charge of Animal Cruelty involving a turtle. According to the police report, 39-year-old Derrick D. Peace was arrested for cracking the shell of a red-eared slider."

turtle-abuse.jpg

Man arrested, accused of turtle abuse | KFOR.com

Why do blacks hate turtles so???

"A 19-year-old male suffered severe injuries to his hand, lower extremities and face after a bomb he made detonated while he was carrying it in northeast Harris County, according to police. The Houston Police Department said that at about 7:40 p.m. on Saturday the teen and another 18-year-old male had gone down to a bayou near the 3100 block of Valley Rim Drive. The teens had materials to create what is being called a “combustible mixture” with the intention of going to go “blow up turtles.”
Police said that at some point, the 19-year-old lit a cigar, and the ashes from his cigar fell near his pocket where he was carrying the explosive cartridges. "

HPD: Kingwood teen seriously injured when plan to blow up turtles goes awry | khou.com Houston

Right now all the animal rights wackos are busy dissing on southerners who dare to shoot pigeons...I'm sure they will be equally outraged by the depraved, inhuman and predatory nature of the blacks and Mexicans who are chowing down on turtles like they're popcorn.

And how do they fix them?

As the title says...they boil them alive. Mmm mmm good, them's good eats. Swamp chicken.

I assume you never saw "Over The Hedge." But turtles are reptiles, not amphibians. :)

At any point, they are not crustaceans, which apparently has escaped at least a couple of people on here.

"An Oklahoma City man was arrested last week on a charge of Animal Cruelty involving a turtle. According to the police report, 39-year-old Derrick D. Peace was arrested for cracking the shell of a red-eared slider."

turtle-abuse.jpg

Man arrested, accused of turtle abuse | KFOR.com

Why do blacks hate turtles so???

"A 19-year-old male suffered severe injuries to his hand, lower extremities and face after a bomb he made detonated while he was carrying it in northeast Harris County, according to police. The Houston Police Department said that at about 7:40 p.m. on Saturday the teen and another 18-year-old male had gone down to a bayou near the 3100 block of Valley Rim Drive. The teens had materials to create what is being called a “combustible mixture” with the intention of going to go “blow up turtles.”
Police said that at some point, the 19-year-old lit a cigar, and the ashes from his cigar fell near his pocket where he was carrying the explosive cartridges. "

HPD: Kingwood teen seriously injured when plan to blow up turtles goes awry | khou.com Houston

Right now all the animal rights wackos are busy dissing on southerners who dare to shoot pigeons...I'm sure they will be equally outraged by the depraved, inhuman and predatory nature of the blacks and Mexicans who are chowing down on turtles like they're popcorn.

And how do they fix them?

Is it any worse than boiling live lobster or crayfish?

I can't eat crab or lobster because I can't kill them.

And I have pet turtles that I'm in love with, living in my tub right now cuz it's too cold outside. Lol.

Forum List

Back