🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What the Best Mentors Do

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
Mentorship comes in many flavors. It doesn’t always work unless leaders bear in mind a few common principles.

Over the past three years, as part of my forthcoming book, I’ve been researching how leaders can better judge and develop their talent in light of a changing, more purpose-driven, more tech-enabled work environment. Having interviewed close to 100 of the most admired leaders across business, culture, arts, and government, one important characteristic stands out: They do everything they can to imprint their “goodness” onto others in ways that make others feel like fuller versions of themselves. Put another way, the best leaders practice a form of leadership that is less about creating followers and more about creating other leaders. How do they do that? I’ve noticed four things the best mentors do:

Put the relationship before the mentorship...

What the Best Mentors Do - Harvard Business Review - Pocket

Methinks 'goodness' in your case means subjective political correctness.
The tipoff is your moniker, 'Straight Outta ACLU'.
This is not mentorship, but rather indoctrination. Many a leader can indoctrinate, fewer can truly teach.

Methinks 'goodness' in your case means subjective political correctness.
The tipoff is your moniker, 'Straight Outta ACLU'.
This is not mentorship, but rather indoctrination. Many a leader can indoctrinate, fewer can truly teach.
Well you'd be wrong because you're over thinking things however on the other hand your reaction is why I utilize that avatar at times. That and being from Compton.

So do you take exception with the advice or just how it's presented?

Forum List

Back