What the demrats won't tell you about BO 'repeal'

Allow me to add...I've seen threads about "Repubs vote down coverage for pre-existing conditions" etc...

Dems added those amendments for a reason.

While it will only take 51 votes to repeal Obamacare...it will take 60 votes to replace it.

Dems are fighting a losing battle to stop repeal, and they will stop at nothing to accomplish that goal.

It isn't going to work.

Once Obamacare is gone, Democrats must work with Republicans to pass a new healthcare plan. And Republicans will be forced to work with Democrats...because they need 8-9 Democrat votes to reach the filibuster proof 60 votes to put a new plan into place. We expect to see at that time protections for those with pre-existing conditions and extensions to young people who stay on their parents plan.

Allow me to add...I've seen threads about "Repubs vote down coverage for pre-existing conditions" etc...

While it will only take 51 votes to repeal Obamacare...it will take 60 votes to replace it.

Dems are fighting a losing battle to stop repeal, and they will stop at nothing to accomplish that goal.

It isn't going to work.

Once Obamacare is gone, Democrats must work with Republicans to pass a new healthcare plan. And Republicans will be forced to work with Democrats...because they need 8-9 Democrat votes to reach the filibuster proof 60 votes to put a new plan into place. We expect to see at that time protections for those with pre-existing conditions and extensions to young people who stay on their parents plan.

Repeal it with nothing to replace it. I'm sure the country might not like that.

It isn't going to work.

You forgot Harry Reid's favorite "nuclear option". It only takes 51 votes to change the rule about needing 60 votes!

I'm sure they won't like it if nothing replaces it. If the Democrats stonewall a replacement...they will get the blame.

Regardless of ideology, Obamacare isn't working. But Democrats have a lot of political capital sunk into this lemon. Do Dems really have the peoples best interests at heart, or are the so invested in Obamacare that they would rather stick with their failure than admit their plan was terrible?

I'm sure they won't like it if nothing replaces it. If the Democrats stonewall a replacement...they will get the blame.

Regardless of ideology, Obamacare isn't working. But Democrats have a lot of political capital sunk into this lemon. Do Dems really have the peoples best interests at heart, or are the so invested in Obamacare that they would rather stick with their failure than admit their plan was terrible?
Actually despite what you say the ACA is effective, he'll your insurance company could be using the system,

The basis of the ACA originated from a Massachusetts Healthcare reform endorsed and enacted by our former (MA) governor MITT ROMNEY and there hasn't been any problems with it.

That is until some place doesn't accept the masshealth insurance,for some reason or another.

Despite that little annoyance, ultimately having a system in place is so people can have easier access to Healthcare, and I wouldn't have to pay a shitload of money for several surgeries.Thanks to a system that is the original inspiration of the ACA has helped pay for the surgeries to fix my legs so I could walk better, despite me having cerebral palsy.
(and I've had 5 surgeries) that would be probably several thousand( 10000+ dollars that were freed up from my pockets that I instead could use For food and even used towards college tuition to make life possible for me.

Nobody ever said it was perfect, and it was known from the start that improvements could always be made, but the right would rather whine than work for the good of the country. If you can come up with something better, then I would love to see it, but so far you got nothing but rhetoric.

It isn't going to work.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that. The right wanted this, so now you got it. I expect Democrats to work with the right about as much as the right did over the last 8 years. Show us what you got. repealing it without something to replace it is stupid.

It isn't going to work.

If the dems won't come along, which I think they will since so many have seats to defend, the repubs could still use the same tactics the dems did to pass a new law. I don't think it will be too difficult to get enough dems on board though. They have a lot to lose and blocking real healthcare improvement will cost them seats.

LOL your link said 14 million people got coverage thanks to Obamacare between 2013 and 2015, and it claims that's the total for the years between 2009 and 2017!!! :rofl:

And then................ wait for this because it's fucking hilarious.............................................

THEY CLAIM MOST OF THE PEOPLE GOT HEALTHCARE BECAUSE OF ALL THE JOBS ADDED UNDER OBAMA! I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP! IT'S ACTUALLY FUCKING IN THERE!

Unbelievable! You dumb fucking rubes!

LOL your link said 14 million people got coverage thanks to Obamacare between 2013 and 2015, and it claims that's the total for the years between 2009 and 2017!!! :rofl:

And then................ wait for this because it's fucking hilarious.............................................

THEY CLAIM MOST OF THE PEOPLE GOT HEALTHCARE BECAUSE OF ALL THE JOBS ADDED UNDER OBAMA! I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP! IT'S ACTUALLY FUCKING IN THERE!

Luckily I'm sitting here looking at my bank accounts and counting up the $2500 bucks I'm saving on health insurance. Kinda hard to find I may be doing the math wrong. Everything is more expensive, the premium is way higher than it was before, my deductable went from 2k to 5k. No savings there. I would ask my favorite doctor where this all went wrong but he isn't my doctor anymore I had to find a new one and he barely speaks english. I'm not feeling like I got a better deal here.

Luckily I'm sitting here looking at my bank accounts and counting up the $2500 bucks I'm saving on health insurance. Kinda hard to find I may be doing the math wrong. Everything is more expensive, the premium is way higher than it was before, my deductable went from 2k to 5k. No savings there. I would ask my favorite doctor where this all went wrong but he isn't my doctor anymore I had to find a new one and he barely speaks english. I'm not feeling like I got a better deal here.

You got a better program? Why haven't you produced it?

You had to switch docs most likely because of your Healthcare policies, you may not have coverage under the ACA but under a different Healthcare system.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It's coming, calm down.

You had to switch docs most likely because of your Healthcare policies, you may not have coverage under the ACA but under a different Healthcare system.

Oh I see. It was my fault for having insurance and a doctor I liked before obiecare promised me that would never change, yet it did and somehow that's my fault.

It's coming, calm down.
And will include much of Obamacare. Thanks Barry :thup:

It's coming, calm down.

Been hearing that for a long time, but no plan yet. Any reason to believe that claim is not just more bullshit this time?

It's coming, calm down.
Right. they've been saying that for a while now, saying that they would repeal it first then work on the plan in the weeks and months after it's repeal. (which probably means they won't bother replacing it at all, they'd just get rid of it)

It's coming, calm down.

Been hearing that for a long time, but no plan yet. Any reason to believe that claim is not just more bullshit this time?
The plans have been there for years. They are here now. You being too stupid to look at them isn't my problem. Actually it's not you being stupid. You just have this line to repeat like a puppet and refuse to actually look at the plans.

Oh I see. It was my fault for having insurance and a doctor I liked before obiecare promised me that would never change, yet it did and somehow that's my fault.

I didn't like it when they made us start wearing seat belts, but I got over it. Quit whining if you don;t have a better plan.

Forum List

Back