What the hell is this song about??

Apparently a metaphor for lost love.

From the linked site.

Everything in the song was visible. There's nothing in it that's fabricated. The old men playing checkers by the trees, the cake that was left out in the rain, all of the things that are talked about in the song are things I actually saw. And so it's a kind of musical collage of this whole love affair that kind of went down in MacArthur Park. ... Back then, I was kind of like an emotional machine, like whatever was going on inside me would bubble out of the piano and onto paper.[3]

MacArthur Park (song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This was a big hit back in the day, but it has often been on the list of worst songs of all time.

I mean, who the hell leaves a cake out in the rain.

WTF, how many drug induced rock songs with "poetic" lyrics do you think have been hits in the past over the years? And you create a thread about this? Have you zero going on in your life? Really!!! Get behind something that matters, even a little bit. Honestly.

Duran Duran has some weird lyrics too.... sometimes I think they try to be deep, but it's just dumb:

The reflex is an only child he's waiting by the park
The reflex is in charge of finding treasure in the dark
And watching over lucky clover isn't that bizarre
Every little thing the reflex does
Leaves you answered with a question mark

CremeBrulee wrote: Man Called Horse was a singer?

Yea...

... MacArthur Park and Camelot were big hits back inna day.

I mean, who the hell leaves a cake out in the rain.

WTF, how many drug induced rock songs with "poetic" lyrics do you think have been hits in the past over the years? And you create a thread about this? Have you zero going on in your life? Really!!! Get behind something that matters, even a little bit. Honestly.

Spinster.....we did it... and you know it.

Forum List

Back