Shenandoah County (Virginia) School Board votes to restore the Confederate memorial names of schools ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize naming schools, highways,monuments, military bases after Confederate heroes was done as an insult to blacks to keep them in their place?
Not really. Stonewall Jackson had a history in the Shenandoah Valley.

Another sign that We the People, the Posterity, have had enough.

Slowly, inch by inch, reclaiming our birthrights. But the battle will take years and we must not grow weary.

This is one of greatest developments recently. Hopefully it will start a trend. I've never known any group with the courage to buck the PC left. I know Shenandoah County very well. I always thought if leftwingers could force their agenda there, no place was safe. Very glad they had the guts to make this move. Now, let's see if the left will try to get them boycotted or sanctioned.

Um, no, name RELEVANT things after victims.

I have no problem naming a street in Holland after Frank. That's where she was from.

Naming a preschool in Germany after her seems like kind of a "Fuck you" to Germans. I can see why Germans are done with that.

Just like Black people are done with honoring the people who were willing to destroy the country to keep them enslaved.
It's F. you Nazis. Not F. you Germans?

You do realize naming schools, highways,monuments, military bases after Confederate heroes was done as an insult to blacks to keep them in their place?
And you want to remove the Confederate legacy as a putdown of whites

The confederacy was much more than whites
40 percent were slaves

Where are their monuments?
the left makes me dizzy jumping back and forth between denying and black support for the Confederacy or demanding recognition for their service

the left makes me dizzy jumping back and forth between denying and black support for the Confederacy or demanding recognition for their service
Why would anyone honor a nation built on slavery?

Less than 5% of southern whites owned slaves, and less than 2% of whites overall.

Nope, closer to 30%.

While it is true that most Confederate soldiers did not own slaves, erroneous single digit percentages are often used to reinforce this myth. The truth is that closer to 20-25% of all Southern soldiers either owned slaves or their fathers did. Some studies have concluded the number was over 30%. Additionally, just because an individual did not own slaves, it cannot be assumed that they were opposed to the institution.

Last edited:
No one regrets slavery more than me

Without slavery America would be zero percent black and all of the race riots in recent years would not have happened
by the time we became america stopped the transport of slave here. so no america did n not buy slaves in america the british did. america only has slaves for like 93 years , before that it was the british colonies. american was stuck cleaning up what britian started with africa who were already in slaving their own folks. and most presidents clear to Abraham lincoln were writing papers that slavery needed to in end but they did not push the issue afraid of loosing out country. its to bad they leave this all out in school.

Nope, closer to 30%.

While it is true that most Confederate soldiers did not own slaves, erroneous single digit percentages are often used to reinforce this myth. The truth is that closer to 20-25% of all Southern soldiers either owned slaves or their fathers did. Some studies have concluded the number was over 30%. Additionally, just because an individual did not own slaves, it cannot be assumed that they were opposed to the institution.

In a plantation with a hundred slaves, only the owner actually owned them. They were his property
Others including family, white overseers, craftsmen did not own them but benefitted from slavery
The whole southern economy was built on free labor

No one regrets slavery more than me

Without slavery America would be zero percent black and all of the race riots in recent years would not have happened

Well, that's unlikely. People would have still immigrated here from other countries. One of my very dear friends is a Jamaican woman.

But the point is, dumb white people did enslave blacks and did bring them here and now we have to make it right.

While 1.4% is low 40% is way too high

Most Confederate soldiers were no more willing to die FOR slavery, ending slavery was not what motivated most Union soldiers either

There is a great series on YouTube called "Checkmate, Lincolnites."

They completely take apart all the claims that the South was fighting anything other than about slavery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back