What the science says

Dante,

for me personally, the claim is that more CO2 means hotter air. I merely want to see the experiment that confirms that claim. Have you found one? I'm no scientist so I'm looking for their experiment so I can understand the claim. But for the four years I've been looking, I haven't found one. Not one. I find that very unscientific especially since the government wants carbon credits. That implies diminishing CO2 because of a threat. A threat that has never been shown to the american people. That sir is why you have us in here looking for the experiments.

Post one up if you have it.
I don't argue the science itself. Never really have. Why? I don't play a scientist on the web or in real life.

I posted facts: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016...rm-quickly-expected-suggest-new-cloud-studies

"Scientists, who agree that CO2 and other gases from human activities are warming Earth, disagree widely about how sensitive the planet's climate is to these changes."

I do not see any quotes about "means hotter air" I do not believe the science on a warming Earth is only about the 'air' around us.
well when 23 trillions of dollars comes into play because of the farce, then people need to speak out. I have one sounding board and it's here. therefore, here I am. And I will challenge all of the posts that suggest something that isn't, is. And right now, that is what we have. When scientist have to fudge data sets to make the earth warmer, I call bullshit as well. Well, that's me my man. I call bullshit when I see it.
And I call bullshit on you. You are claiming that scientists from all over the world, from every culture and political system are all conspiring to commit scientific fraud. And you are so stupid, you don't even have any idea of what that means in the academic world. Stock up on tinfoil for your little tin hats.

Climate change: How do we know?
Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Evidence

Scientific Consensus

Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities, and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position.

Sea level rise

Global temperature rise

Warming oceans

Shrinking ice sheets

Declining Arctic sea ice

Glacial retreat

Extreme events

Ocean acidification

Decreased snow cover

References

• IPCC Fourth Assessment Report, Summary for Policymakers, p. 5

B.D. Santer et.al., “A search for human influences on the thermal structure of the atmosphere,” Nature vol 382, 4 July 1996, 39-46

Gabriele C. Hegerl, “Detecting Greenhouse-Gas-Induced Climate Change with an Optimal Fingerprint Method,” Journal of Climate, v. 9, October 1996, 2281-2306

V. Ramaswamy et.al., “Anthropogenic and Natural Influences in the Evolution of Lower Stratospheric Cooling,” Science 311 (24 February 2006), 1138-1141

B.D. Santer et.al., “Contributions of Anthropogenic and Natural Forcing to Recent Tropopause Height Changes,” Science vol. 301 (25 July 2003), 479-483.
    • In the 1860s, physicist John Tyndall recognized the Earth's natural greenhouse effect and suggested that slight changes in the atmospheric composition could bring about climatic variations. In 1896, a seminal paper by Swedish scientist Svante Arrhenius first speculated that changes in the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere could substantially alter the surface temperature through the greenhouse effect.
    • National Research Council (NRC), 2006. Surface Temperature Reconstructions For the Last 2,000 Years. National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
    • Church, J. A. and N.J. White (2006), A 20th century acceleration in global sea level rise, Geophysical Research Letters, 33, L01602, doi:10.1029/2005GL024826.

The global sea level estimate described in this work can be downloaded from the CSIRO website.
    • T.C. Peterson et.al., "State of the Climate in 2008," Special Supplement to the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, v. 90, no. 8, August 2009, pp. S17-S18.
    • Levitus, et al, "Global ocean heat content 1955–2008 in light of recently revealed instrumentation problems," Geophys. Res. Lett. 36, L07608 (2009).
    • L. Polyak, et.al., “History of Sea Ice in the Arctic,” in Past Climate Variability and Change in the Arctic and at High Latitudes, U.S. Geological Survey, Climate Change Science Program Synthesis and Assessment Product 1.2, January 2009, chapter 7

R. Kwok and D. A. Rothrock, “Decline in Arctic sea ice thickness from submarine and ICESAT records: 1958-2008,” Geophysical Research Letters, v. 36, paper no. L15501, 2009

State of the Cryosphere | SOTC: Sea Ice | National Snow and Ice Data Center
    • C. L. Sabine et.al., “The Oceanic Sink for Anthropogenic CO2,” Science vol. 305 (16 July 2004), 367-371

Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities

Yes, 75 out of 77 is very impressive.
It is when that is the number of publishing Climatologists in the US is 77. However, many scientists that are not Climatologists are providing evidence for the rapid warming. Geologists, glacialogists, biologists, and those involved in agriculture science, just to name a few. They are not included in that survey, and the vast majority of them absolutely state that AGW is real.

And yet matter and its properties absorb differently and therefore emit differently

Yes. And?

so again, why do you need the sun if your version of CO2 emits hotter than the air?

You need the sun because 3 K is pretty cold.
Same temperature, same emission (basically).
Curious if you can explain how it is possible for the arctic to warm up and lose ice in the winter due to CO2?

CO2 slows the loss of heat from the Earth's surface.
why doesn't it work in the desert then?

CO2 slows the loss of heat, even in the desert.
why is it colder there in the desert than anywhere else at night besides the two poles?
Why are you such a dumb shit that you cannot look that up? And there is no use in answering that with the information, because a week from now, you will ask the same stupid question.

Scientific Consensus

Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities, and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position.

Sea level rise

Global temperature rise

Warming oceans

Shrinking ice sheets

Declining Arctic sea ice

Glacial retreat

Extreme events

Ocean acidification

Decreased snow cover

References

B.D. Santer et.al., “A search for human influences on the thermal structure of the atmosphere,” Nature vol 382, 4 July 1996, 39-46

Gabriele C. Hegerl, “Detecting Greenhouse-Gas-Induced Climate Change with an Optimal Fingerprint Method,” Journal of Climate, v. 9, October 1996, 2281-2306

V. Ramaswamy et.al., “Anthropogenic and Natural Influences in the Evolution of Lower Stratospheric Cooling,” Science 311 (24 February 2006), 1138-1141

B.D. Santer et.al., “Contributions of Anthropogenic and Natural Forcing to Recent Tropopause Height Changes,” Science vol. 301 (25 July 2003), 479-483.
    • In the 1860s, physicist John Tyndall recognized the Earth's natural greenhouse effect and suggested that slight changes in the atmospheric composition could bring about climatic variations. In 1896, a seminal paper by Swedish scientist Svante Arrhenius first speculated that changes in the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere could substantially alter the surface temperature through the greenhouse effect.
    • National Research Council (NRC), 2006. Surface Temperature Reconstructions For the Last 2,000 Years. National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
    • Church, J. A. and N.J. White (2006), A 20th century acceleration in global sea level rise, Geophysical Research Letters, 33, L01602, doi:10.1029/2005GL024826.

The global sea level estimate described in this work can be downloaded from the CSIRO website.
    • T.C. Peterson et.al., "State of the Climate in 2008," Special Supplement to the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, v. 90, no. 8, August 2009, pp. S17-S18.
    • Levitus, et al, "Global ocean heat content 1955–2008 in light of recently revealed instrumentation problems," Geophys. Res. Lett. 36, L07608 (2009).
    • L. Polyak, et.al., “History of Sea Ice in the Arctic,” in Past Climate Variability and Change in the Arctic and at High Latitudes, U.S. Geological Survey, Climate Change Science Program Synthesis and Assessment Product 1.2, January 2009, chapter 7

R. Kwok and D. A. Rothrock, “Decline in Arctic sea ice thickness from submarine and ICESAT records: 1958-2008,” Geophysical Research Letters, v. 36, paper no. L15501, 2009

• C. L. Sabine et.al., “The Oceanic Sink for Anthropogenic CO2,” Science vol. 305 (16 July 2004), 367-371

Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities

It is when that is the number of publishing Climatologists in the US is 77. However, many scientists that are not Climatologists are providing evidence for the rapid warming. Geologists, glacialogists, biologists, and those involved in agriculture science, just to name a few. They are not included in that survey, and the vast majority of them absolutely state that AGW is real.

It is when that is the number of publishing Climatologists in the US is 77.

Is that the number publishing? Link?

i think its a fail to argue with people bought by fossile fuel about climate change.
these people are paied to denie the truth science proves, they lie and disort facts.

to argue with them gives them more power then they deserve.

their moral values are in the pits they only care about the money they cash in their accounts, truth does not matter

just don t argue with liars

You should definitely spend your money on unreliable "green energy".

It's the moral thing to do.
No, it is the economical thing to do. Solar and wind are now cheaper than fossil fuel fired generation. And with grid scale storage coming on line, we will see more and more wind and solar.

Just you.

When you take a position that is rejected by almost 100% of the experts, it becomes extremely difficult to accept your criticism of other's science or your accusations that others are delusional.

When the experts get 100% of their funding by supporting fraud, they lose all credibility. That's why Appeals to Authority are classified as logic fails.
So, everybody at the AGU and GSA conventions are frauds. Only ol' Westwall knows the truth. Nobody to trust but me and thee, and we are not so sure of thee.

i think its a fail to argue with people bought by fossile fuel about climate change.
these people are paied to denie the truth science proves, they lie and disort facts.

to argue with them gives them more power then they deserve.

their moral values are in the pits they only care about the money they cash in their accounts, truth does not matter

just don t argue with liars

You should definitely spend your money on unreliable "green energy".

It's the moral thing to do.
No, it is the economical thing to do. Solar and wind are now cheaper than fossil fuel fired generation. And with grid scale storage coming on line, we will see more and more wind and solar.

No, it is the economical thing to do.

No, it isn't.

Solar and wind are now cheaper than fossil fuel fired generation.

Is that why electricity is cheaper in Germany than in the US?

And with grid scale storage coming on line, we will see more and more wind and solar.

Unless green mandates and subsidies end. Then we'd see less.

Scientific Consensus

Sea level rise

Global temperature rise

Warming oceans

Shrinking ice sheets

Declining Arctic sea ice

Glacial retreat

Extreme events

Ocean acidification

Decreased snow cover

References

Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A poll performed by Peter Doran and Maggie Kendall Zimmerman at University of Illinois at Chicago received replies from 3,146 of the 10,257 polled Earth scientists. Results were analyzed globally and by specialization. 76 out of 79 climatologists who "listed climate science as their area of expertise and who also have published more than 50% of their recent peer-reviewed papers on the subject of climate change" believed that mean global temperatures had risen compared to pre-1800s levels. Seventy-five of 77 believed that human activity is a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures. Among all respondents, 90% agreed that temperatures have risen compared to pre-1800 levels, and 82% agreed that humans significantly influence the global temperature. Economic geologists and meteorologists were among the biggest doubters, with only 47 percent and 64 percent, respectively, believing in significant human involvement. The authors summarised the findings:

There you go.

Scientific Consensus

Sea level rise

Global temperature rise

Warming oceans

Shrinking ice sheets

Declining Arctic sea ice

Glacial retreat

Extreme events

Ocean acidification

Decreased snow cover

References

A poll performed by Peter Doran and Maggie Kendall Zimmerman at University of Illinois at Chicago received replies from 3,146 of the 10,257 polled Earth scientists. Results were analyzed globally and by specialization. 76 out of 79 climatologists who "listed climate science as their area of expertise and who also have published more than 50% of their recent peer-reviewed papers on the subject of climate change" believed that mean global temperatures had risen compared to pre-1800s levels. Seventy-five of 77 believed that human activity is a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures. Among all respondents, 90% agreed that temperatures have risen compared to pre-1800 levels, and 82% agreed that humans significantly influence the global temperature. Economic geologists and meteorologists were among the biggest doubters, with only 47 percent and 64 percent, respectively, believing in significant human involvement. The authors summarised the findings:

There you go.

A poll performed by
Peter Doran and Maggie Kendall Zimmerman at University of Illinois at Chicago received replies from 3,146 of the 10,257 polled Earth scientists. Results were analyzed globally and by specialization. 76 out of 79

I love it!
"We sent a poll to 10,257 scientists and had to reduce our data set to 79 in order to come up with 97%"

Just what we've come to expect from the warmers.
And you wonder why no one trusts them anymore.

In a nutshell:

What the science says versus what a bunch of imbeciles and lunatics on the world wide web say

How many trillions do we have to spend on windmills so that "Climate Change" stops happening?
How will we know when we can stop?
Will hurricanes cease? No floods? No droughts?

Less trillions for the same amount of power than would have been spent on fossil fuel plants to power our societies. No, we are in for more affects for at least the next 30 years, more likely 50 years, even were we to switch over to completely non-fossil fuel in a decade. I cannot see that happening, so there will be increasing effects through 2100, in my estimation. And even then, probably another several centuries feeling the effects of our increasing the GHGs in the atmosphere.

Commodity traders will prohibit any movement away from fossil fuels, because every commodity has its highest price when there is the least of it available, especially the last drop of it.

Also, science is decimated by propaganda against basic sciences and their non for profit nature, so even if traders allowed it, people would have no know how to switch away.

Scientific Consensus

Sea level rise

Global temperature rise

Warming oceans

Shrinking ice sheets

Declining Arctic sea ice

Glacial retreat

Extreme events

Ocean acidification

Decreased snow cover

References

There you go.

Sooooo, what you're telling us is that 74 out of 10,257 scientists agree with the "theory" of AGW. That about cover it?

Most scientist believe that co2 and methane are green house gases...To say otherwise makes you look foolish.

Never denied they weren't. Their effect is what is being argued and thus far there is ZERO empirical evidence that CO2, in the incredibly trace amount that it exists in OUR atmosphere, can have the slightest effect. The fact that you continuously misrepresent what we are saying, makes you look like an ass.

If you believe they have zero effect, you believe they are not greenhouse gases. Matthew has not misrepresented what you've said.

Dante,

for me personally, the claim is that more CO2 means hotter air. I merely want to see the experiment that confirms that claim. Have you found one? I'm no scientist so I'm looking for their experiment so I can understand the claim. But for the four years I've been looking, I haven't found one. Not one. I find that very unscientific especially since the government wants carbon credits. That implies diminishing CO2 because of a threat. A threat that has never been shown to the american people. That sir is why you have us in here looking for the experiments.

Post one up if you have it.
I don't argue the science itself. Never really have. Why? I don't play a scientist on the web or in real life.

I posted facts: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016...rm-quickly-expected-suggest-new-cloud-studies

"Scientists, who agree that CO2 and other gases from human activities are warming Earth, disagree widely about how sensitive the planet's climate is to these changes."

I do not see any quotes about "means hotter air" I do not believe the science on a warming Earth is only about the 'air' around us.
well when 23 trillions of dollars comes into play because of the farce, then people need to speak out. I have one sounding board and it's here. therefore, here I am. And I will challenge all of the posts that suggest something that isn't, is. And right now, that is what we have. When scientist have to fudge data sets to make the earth warmer, I call bullshit as well. Well, that's me my man. I call bullshit when I see it.
And I call bullshit on you. You are claiming that scientists from all over the world, from every culture and political system are all conspiring to commit scientific fraud. And you are so stupid, you don't even have any idea of what that means in the academic world. Stock up on tinfoil for your little tin hats.
Why would I wear a tin hat, I'm not afraid of the end of the world like you warmers? All, I repeat, all I'm looking for is your supposed science that backs that claim. In science, experiments are done to validate a hypothetical idea. Four years and there's been zip. So foil is all yours as you dodge CO2.

you wear a tin hat to make sure you don t have to encounter reality
physics is a dangerouse science to you because its about reality

physics can t be real because its in opposition to your belives
chemestry can t be real because its in opposition of your belives
climate science can t be real because its in opposition to your belives

and your belives is the only thing that counts

science doesent matter

Forum List

Back