What the science says

Of course they are.
Only idiots who believe in smart photons and don't understand the laws of thermodynamics say otherwise.
And something never validated. The atmosphere would be warm if there was heat there. Hmmmmm no observed empirical evidence exists. Hmmmmm squared

Conducting and convection. Why we have wind.

And why we have cool nights in a desert.

And something never validated.

We've never seen CO2 and methane absorb and emit energy?

The atmosphere would be warm if there was heat there.

The atmosphere is at 0K?

Did you forget water is also a greenhouse gas?
Do you have the same brain injury as Hillary?
I see my point is made. No observed empirical evidence as I stated will be posted

No observed empirical evidence as I stated will be posted

You need to see evidence of CO2 and methane absorption spectrums? Again?
What will you say after I post it?
Do you need to see it for water as well? Will you understand why that's a factor in desert temps at night?
Nope, pretty pictures. I'd like to see CO2 with temperatures

Proof that CO2, methane and water vapor absorb energy isn't good empirical evidence?

Why is that?

And something never validated. The atmosphere would be warm if there was heat there. Hmmmmm no observed empirical evidence exists. Hmmmmm squared

The atmosphere is at 0K?

I see my point is made. No observed empirical evidence as I stated will be posted

Do you need to see it for water as well? Will you understand why that's a factor in desert temps at night?

Proof that CO2, methane and water vapor absorb energy isn't good empirical evidence?

Why is that?
Cause it's not what I asked for.

The atmosphere is at 0K?

Why is that?

You said, "no observed empirical evidence exists".....that methane and CO2 are greenhouse gases.

Were you lying? Or just confused?

Let's examine a particular fallacy that has been repeated extensively by the usual suspects.

"Absorption and emission does not equal warming"

We know by measurement surface temperature and the type of IR it radiates. Now focus on the particular band that only CO2 absorbs. We also know by measurement what kind of IR leaves the atmosphere. The amount of CO2 specific leaving the atmosphere is much less than the amount the surface puts into it.

(While there would still be warming even if the IR on both sides was equal), because we know much of the CO2 specific IR absorbed by the atmosphere does not come out the other side, then that energy has been added to the cohort of the atmosphere's energy and everything else being equal that means an increase in temperature.

The first law of thermodynamics says that energy is conserved. The Slayers need to improve their explanation beyond "absorption and emission do not equal warming". Where does the energy go, and how does it fail to increase temperature at all?

As always you resort to misrepresenting what was said, whiiiiiich makes you look like a dummy. I stated that in the incredibly small amounts with which they exist in OUR atmosphere, they are not capable of increasing temperature in a measurable way.

Which makes you a greenhouse effect denier, which puts you in the same category as flat earthers.

And, empirical data supports my statement. Not yours.

Yet you've never presented any such "empirical data". But go on, try presenting it now, for the first time.

It's easy to refute your pseudoscience. Backradiation is directly measurable, in large quantities, and it has the spectral emission signature of greenhouse gases. Boom, strong greenhouse effect proven by direct observation.

Why is that?

You said, "no observed empirical evidence exists".....that methane and CO2 are greenhouse gases.

It wasn't my question it's what you want to answer though. So show me CO2 with temperatures

Let's examine a particular fallacy that has been repeated extensively by the usual suspects.

We know by measurement surface temperature and the type of IR it radiates. Now focus on the particular band that only CO2 absorbs. We also know by measurement what kind of IR leaves the atmosphere. The amount of CO2 specific leaving the atmosphere is much less than the amount the surface puts into it.

(While there would still be warming even if the IR on both sides was equal), because we know much of the CO2 specific IR absorbed by the atmosphere does not come out the other side, then that energy has been added to the cohort of the atmosphere's energy and everything else being equal that means an increase in temperature.

The first law of thermodynamics says that energy is conserved. The Slayers need to improve their explanation beyond "absorption and emission do not equal warming". Where does the energy go, and how does it fail to increase temperature at all?
Well Ian, if IR warms, then why doesn't the atmosphere get warmer. And you guys are confused either it warms or it slows down release. Which is it?

As always you resort to misrepresenting what was said, whiiiiiich makes you look like a dummy. I stated that in the incredibly small amounts with which they exist in OUR atmosphere, they are not capable of increasing temperature in a measurable way.

Which makes you a greenhouse effect denier, which puts you in the same category as flat earthers.

And, empirical data supports my statement. Not yours.

Yet you've never presented any such "empirical data". But go on, try presenting it now, for the first time.

It's easy to refute your pseudoscience. Backradiation is directly measurable, in large quantities, and it has the spectral emission signature of greenhouse gases. Boom, strong greenhouse effect proven by direct observation.

Nope. Little liar, I fully acknowledge the greenhouse effect. What I do not acknowledge is that in the vanishingly small amounts that those gasses exist in OUR atmosphere do they have an effect. See how that works? Simple English. Which you liars always twist.

Well Ian, if IR warms, then why doesn't the atmosphere get warmer. And you guys are confused either it warms or it slows down release. Which is it?

It doesn't warm because the long wave IR can't penetrate beyond the skin of the oceans, which are the heat engines of this planet. CO2 does all of the things claimed. In a perfect lab experiment it can be shown to do all of the claimed things. However, when you introduce CO2 in the vanishingly small amounts that it exists in our atmosphere its effect is simply swamped by the effect caused by water vapor. Were there no water vapor the CO2 would have a small effect on temp. But with the water vapor whatever signal it has is completely overwhelmed.

Most scientist believe that co2 and methane are green house gases...To say otherwise makes you look foolish.

Of course they are.
Only idiots who believe in smart photons and don't understand the laws of thermodynamics say otherwise.

Hmmmmm no observed empirical evidence exists.

See, it was your question, right here.....Derp.

Why is that?

It wasn't my question it's what you want to answer though. So show me CO2 with temperatures

So show me CO2 with temperatures

Could you frame that as an intelligent question?

Most scientist believe that co2 and methane are green house gases...To say otherwise makes you look foolish.

Of course they are.

Yep, that is the question. Show the observed empirical evidence CO2 affects temperature. Still zip bubba. Your deflections only show you can't. Go ahead, try again.

Of course they are.

Yep, that is the question. Show the observed empirical evidence CO2 affects temperature. Still zip bubba. Your deflections only show you can't. Go ahead, try again.

Show the observed empirical evidence CO2 affects temperature.

First things first. Do you agree CO2 is a greenhouse gas?

Of course they are.

Why, has nothing to do with my question. Either you can or can't show the evidence

Of course they are.

Why, has nothing to do with my question. Either you can or can't show the evidence

Because it will be part of my answer.

Do you agree CO2 is a greenhouse gas?
Do you need to see its absorption spectrum?
Do you know what an absorption spectrum is?

I want observed empirical evidence. Do you even know what observed is?

I want observed empirical evidence.

Great. Answer my questions and I'll be happy to start.

Hahahaha answer mine since it was first deflector.

Again, thanks for showing there isn't any.

But there is. I can't help you if you're too stupid to understand it.

But there is. I can't help you if you're too stupid to understand it.
Yeah, right, the word is observed and you ain't got it. Thanks for the validation

Forum List

Back