What was This School Thinking? Are We Really Post Racial?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
People keep saying we are post racial but it seems some people just don't get it or don't want to get it. How do you put these word problems on a 3rd graders homework without some kind of permission from the parents and context in the classroom? Brought to you by a school district in GA

article-2083734-0F5F49D500000578-454_474x261.jpg

article-2083734-0F5F49D900000578-296_476x260.jpg

'If eight slaves pick 56 oranges...' Georgia school under fire for racist, violent math homework | Mail Online

So NOW your position is that we shouldn't talk about slavery in school? Make up your mind already.

So NOW your position is that we shouldn't talk about slavery in school? Make up your mind already.

I see you did not read the article for one thing. For another you get permission from parents when broaching that subject. If you are going to discuss slavery in conjunction with math you need to tell the kids about it before hand so there is no surprise.

Is this from present day or 40 years ago? This would never be on a paper in Pennsylvania. I am not a pc person...in fact I hate how everyone is terrified to offend others but that is just ridiculous.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

How is it that each tree came to have exactly 56 oranges on them. That doesn't seem natural to me. Probably some freak GMO species.

I see you did not read the article for one thing. For another you get permission from parents when broaching that subject. If you are going to discuss slavery in conjunction with math you need to tell the kids about it before hand so there is no surprise.
What makes you think the slaves are black?

Read the article. Says so right in there speedy. :lol:

Read the article. Says so right in there speedy. :lol:

The slave owners were also black.

For another you get permission from parents when broaching that subject. .

No, you don't. That's ridiculous.

Maybe in low class institutions you work as a sub. In the area I live the parents were informed and consulted about the upcoming lesson on slavery.

Let's find out. I work with students from dozens of different junior and senior high schools and none of them consult with parents before teaching about slavery or any other aspect of US History. There was never any such consultation thousands of years ago when I was in high school. Let's ask if anyone posting on this site ever experienced any such consultation when they were in school. Let's see if you are full of shit or not, chump.

Maybe in low class institutions you work as a sub. In the area I live the parents were informed and consulted about the upcoming lesson on slavery.

Let's find out. I work with students from dozens of different junior and senior high schools and none of them consult with parents before teaching about slavery or any other aspect of US History. There was never any such consultation thousands of years ago when I was in high school. Let's ask if anyone posting on this site ever experienced any such consultation when they were in school. Let's see if you are full of shit or not, chump.

Your really not that bright are you Unk? These were elementary school students speedy. 3rd graders. However, I think I have you figured out now. You dont type more than one word quips unless you think you have a point to make. Sorry you messed in your haste to get me back for exposing you and did not read the OP clown. :lol:

Last edited:

Your really not that bright are you Unk? These were elementary school students speedy.

Great, apply it to elementary school. My response and considerable experience stands unaltered. Go ahead and ask around this site. See what you come up with.

Your really not that bright are you Unk? These were elementary school students speedy. 3rd graders.

Great, apply it to elementary school. My response and considerable experience stands unaltered. Go ahead and ask around this site. See what you come up with.

You made the unsubstantiated claim that my opinion was ridiculous. You go post a poll. Get back to me on the results.

Your really not that bright are you Unk? These were elementary school students speedy. 3rd graders.

You made the unsubstantiated claim that my opinion was ridiculous. You go post a poll. Get back to me on the results.

There you go again... :rolleyes:

Isn't this the "common core" approved by Obama?
I saw one where they wanted the students to pretend they were Nazis..I wonder if you would have a problem with that? You people better FIGHT to get you children's Education out of the hand of this Federal Commie government
a lot of links with article at site

SNIP:
Common Core Writing Assignment: Think Like a Nazi and Explain Why Jews Are Evil (Video)

Posted by Jim Hoft on Sunday, December 8, 2013, 9:40 PM

Coming soon to a classroom near you…
nazi jew homework

A new Common Core writing assignment asks students to think like a Nazi and explain why Jews are evil.
This story first broke back in April:

The Times Union reported, via Poor Richard’s News:

Think like a Nazi, the assignment required students. Argue why Jews are evil.

Students in some Albany High School English classes were asked this week as part of a persuasive writing assignment to make an abhorrent argument: “You must argue that Jews are evil, and use solid rationale from government propaganda to convince me of your loyalty to the Third Reich!”

Students were asked to watch and read Nazi propaganda, then pretend their teacher was a Nazi government official who needed to be convinced of their loyalty. In five paragraphs, they were required to prove that Jews were the source of Germany’s problems.

The exercise was intended to challenge students to formulate a persuasive argument and was given to three classes, Albany Superintendent Marguerite Vanden Wyngaard said. She said the assignment should have been worded differently.

“I would apologize to our families,” she said. “I don’t believe there was malice or intent to cause any insensitivities to our families of Jewish faith.”
ALL of it here
Common Core Writing Assignment: Think Like a Nazi and Explain Why Jews Are Evil (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

Last edited:

Forum List

Back