Whatever happened to the "Occupy Wall Street" movement.

New York Times - ok, bad source, bu I continue reading because I dnot automcially deny informaiton based on the source.

They start talking about the Boston Bombing.

They don't mention how one of the terrorists that were responsible for the event was executed while disarmed in his own house and numerous other facts that are admitted to and well documented.

Obviously another hack job.

Try again.

Boston Bombing was an excuse for Russian Krelim operation to invade the Tsarnaev's home country, aided and abetted by the FBI and CIA. The Cold War was a battle between State Communism and Corporate Communism, the Corporate Communists won.

:lol:

I bet you don't even realize that you just proved the article's point.

I disproved the article's point, which is that Government is always kind, caring and just. That is what the New York Times would have you believe.

New York Times - ok, bad source, bu I continue reading because I dnot automcially deny informaiton based on the source.

They start talking about the Boston Bombing.

They don't mention how one of the terrorists that were responsible for the event was executed while disarmed in his own house and numerous other facts that are admitted to and well documented.

Obviously another hack job.

Try again.

Boston Bombing was an excuse for Russian Krelim operation to invade the Tsarnaev's home country, aided and abetted by the FBI and CIA. The Cold War was a battle between State Communism and Corporate Communism, the Corporate Communists won.

I bet you don't even realize that you just proved the article's point.

I disproved the article's point, which is that Government is always kind, caring and just. That is what the New York Times would have you believe.

Here is their website, see for yourself. Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for World Revolution

Looks like they simply changed their tactics into a more usual approach to politics, but it is difficult to tell if they are as influential as they were in the summer of 2011.

What are your thoughts?

I don't think they were influential at all in 2011.

Now, I can not substantiate a word of this. But, I think those Wall Street types were scared to death when they saw the power of OWS spring up overnight. Granted the weather changing to winter was a factor in slowing OWS down.

But, if it is true that Obama labeled OWS terrorists, that sounds like FEAR to me. Wall Street is a small group of very wealthy people. Through organizations like the Council on Foreign Relations they manipulate the news to protect their investments. They have done so since 1917.

Compliments to USMB members, this is one of the most intelligent threads I have seen here thanks to our quality membership.

no-one-can-know.jpg

Last edited:
When the TEA PARTY outsiders and the OWS outsiders finally understand tht they are both basically bitching about the same things and also about the same people?

Then this nation can begin to heal.

Of course that is not likely to ever happen.

Too many of us prefer to cling to out outdated notions of our moral superiority ...notions that we have thanks for a lifetime of PROPAGANDA.

You made an observation that OWS and Tea Party were becoming mover-shakers and then suddenly suffered a collapse. I explained why.

No you didn't. You explained your conspiracy.

CNN and Guardian and Huffington posts report on conspiracies? I always thought you were against the policing of American, now you're either a useful idiot or a paid disinfo agent.

FBI considered Occupy movement potential threat, documents say - CNN.com

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ackdown-occupy

http://www.economicpopulist.org/cont...terrorists-fbi

FBI Investigated 'Occupy' As Possible 'Terrorism' Threat, Internal Documents Show

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-treated-oc...021450389.html

http://www.infowars.com/occupywallst...with-al-qaeda/

Love your links. Don't care if you agree with me on each point, but providing your fellow viewers is community service few here take the time to do. I'm with you let people make up their own mind with as many facts as we can post!

kudos.jpg

Last edited:
Now, I can not substantiate a word of this. But, I think those Wall Street types were scared to death when they saw the power of OWS spring up overnight.
Wall Street was never frightened of the OWS 'flea party' loons. .. :cool:

And, this is why we learn to read. Fear of a Slacker Revolution | Possible Futures

"Occupy Wall Street and the cultural politics of the class struggle

You can learn a lot about a movement by listening to its opponents. Everywhere, evidence is accumulating that at the level of formal power relations, the targets of the Occupy Wall Street movement—banks, transnational corporations, and the politicians who serve them—are quaking in their boots at the sight of a mass, leaderless, flexible, inchoate, constantly morphing movement characterized by unprecedented solidarity across formerly separate and even antagonistic groups and by the use of direct, disruptive, and innovative tactics."

ap_occupy_wall_street_dm_120917_wg.jpg

Last edited:
I think we've seen a reinvigorated electorate in many states, actually. It has morphed into local politics. People had been occupying the Governor's office in Florida all week. They occupied the Texas state legislature a couple weeks ago and prevented for a time the passing of that Draconian abortion bill.

I think all kinds of folks have learned a lot of the good aspects of the Occupy movement and are now applying it to local issues. They're getting mixed results, but that's only because they were asleep at the wheel when a really extreme set of folks got elected in the 2010 midterms, many of whom are up for re-election next year.

I'd say the Occupy movement is stronger than the Tea Party one, which can only exist if people like the Koch brothers bus everyone in. What we're seeing with Occupy is that real people are leaving their houses and assembling on their own, and then after that we're seeing more powerful types help out. That's not really the way with the Tea Party, which got drummed up by powerful forces on the right and that was fueled more by fear than by actually wanting to govern more wisely.

The Tea Party isn't about wanting to govern more wisely like Occupy is; the TeePees care more about making a point, which is why the Congress has ground to a halt and why they'll only pass abortion bills and Paul Ryan's stupid budget.

I think we've seen a reinvigorated electorate in many states, actually. It has morphed into local politics. People had been occupying the Governor's office in Florida all week. They occupied the Texas state legislature a couple weeks ago and prevented for a time the passing of that Draconian abortion bill.

I think all kinds of folks have learned a lot of the good aspects of the Occupy movement and are now applying it to local issues. They're getting mixed results, but that's only because they were asleep at the wheel when a really extreme set of folks got elected in the 2010 midterms, many of whom are up for re-election next year.

I'd say the Occupy movement is stronger than the Tea Party one, which can only exist if people like the Koch brothers bus everyone in. What we're seeing with Occupy is that real people are leaving their houses and assembling on their own, and then after that we're seeing more powerful types help out. That's not really the way with the Tea Party, which got drummed up by powerful forces on the right and that was fueled more by fear than by actually wanting to govern more wisely.

The Tea Party isn't about wanting to govern more wisely like Occupy is; the TeePees care more about making a point, which is why the Congress has ground to a halt and why they'll only pass abortion bills and Paul Ryan's stupid budget.

Very well considered post. Thank you.

ENLARGE_04OWS1115tension.jpg

Last edited:

The only argument I'd make is that DEEP DOWN that Tea Party and OWS have the same goals and grievances, they simply don't realize that Libertarianism is the cure for both of them.

The only argument I'd make is that DEEP DOWN that Tea Party and OWS have the same goals and grievances, they simply don't realize that Libertarianism is the cure for both of them.

I agree. I have considered this. It could only happen in American politics!

americanquiz.jpg

OWS failed simply because they refused to pick at least one important issue that they wanted to see changes to and present how it should be rectified. Many people were confused on what exactly their message was since they had so many complaints about the whole system.

They didn't believe in assigning one member to act as a spokesmen for their cause and therefore appeared very disorganized to the public.

OWS failed simply because they refused to pick at least one important issue that they wanted to see changes to and present how it should be rectified. Many people were confused on what exactly their message was since they had so many complaints about the whole system.

They didn't believe in assigning one member to act as a spokesmen for their cause and therefore appeared very disorganized to the public.

I see your points as valid, and agree. Thank you.

Ow's are not goverment funded, and the liberals are only gonna give so much of their own money away. Including soros, ow's just ran out of funding.

They had many leaders and members that could have articulated the main points.

However, the lame stream corporate media didn't interview them. However, they seemed to interview many C.E.O's and bankers for their "expert opinion" AGAINST the OWS movement. Very one sided.

Here is their website, see for yourself. Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for World Revolution

Looks like they simply changed their tactics into a more usual approach to politics, but it is difficult to tell if they are as influential as they were in the summer of 2011.

What are your thoughts?

99percent.JPG
Right now? They're on the racebaiting bandwagon...

Oh, come on you can do better than that. OWS was a major movement that just disappeared. There are plenty of worthwhile aspects to examine.

ows-f29.jpg

Your analysis is interesting, but does bring to mind one movement that took your advice and was quite successful: the Nazis. Their central message was "the Jews are our misfortune" and Hitler was their spokesman. And they were certainly very well organized.
In any case, here is a short video that I put together of people and activities related to the Occupy Baltimore movement that took place in 2011
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yJRCCyAM_4]Occupy Baltimore Demonstration 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back