What's going to hit April 15, 2015?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Recapture of excess subsidies of ACA. At the margin rounding in the subsidy tables means that increases in annual income of one penny could theoretically trigger lower subsidies on 12 or more subsidy payments plus penalties plus higher marginal tax rates.

Where are the terrifying ads from Accountants and lawyers dealing with this "dire" problem? I have seen some treatments of this problem and the headline numbers 4000% or more and at the limit 1,000,000% ($100.00) for another penny of annual income in a place with state and local income taxes should be possible. Taxes, penalties and triggering a slightly larger state and local marginal tax rate should be enough to trigger protection that, on average, costs a whole lot more than not being protected. If you see such ads please post about them.

Those are numbers ... you know, those things the people who built this law should have crunched before they passed the boondoggle ....

Luckily I'm close to the age limit for the Hunger Games. So I should be good to go

What's going to hit April 15, 2015? .

Umm... is it going to encounter a fan?

I am optimistic.

Collective pain can get delayed only so long. Time marches on. The myth is that an entitlement, once established, is impossible to remove. When said entitlement benefits nobody except for it's enablers, there will be no outcry from the public to keep it . The phones will never ring with a cry of 'Please keep Obamacare'.

It just can't happen. Too many people are getting screwed.

Those are numbers ... you know, those things the people who built this law should have crunched before they passed the boondoggle ....

People and lives being reduced to numbers.... :(

People and lives being reduced to numbers.... :(

Well, that's not what I mean.

Numbers can be good. If Dems had paid enough attention to numbers instead of forcing through legislation based on lies and the need to get something done no matter how awful it was, that could have saved a lot of grief.

Better treating people like numbers in economic studies than whatever logic it was which Democrats used to create the ACA. I hope it was more than just treating people like votes, but whatever the logic was, it's difficult to discern.

They seemed to purposely obscure the numbers. Hiding costs just out of reach of the range which the CBO was legally allowed to consider.

Think of the spin that will be put on this. And this is one of the ACA bloopers that is unlikely to kill people in large numbers. That makes it more fun to point fingers and laugh.

Forum List

Back