Biden Proposing 5% Cap on Housing Rents

I'm assuming you couldnt be as stupid as to not see that housing rent increases take away spending money, & thereby reduce sales.
Government imposed rent control has always failed. If you impose rent controls, you need to impose controls on the costs associated with maintenance to include taxation. Imposing rent controls creates dilapidated buildings and slums.

This proposal is potent. There are 112 Million renters in America (34% of the total population).
There are also 32.2 Million businesses. Together these translate into a ton of votes.

If Trump does not reciprocate and propose a rent control law himself (of 5% or lower), he could be handing Biden the election. After the astronomical rent increases of the last few years, to renters and business owners, this is the most serious issue in America. Both have taken a huge hit economically, by the enormously higher rents.

You would lose the Landlords votes.

I'm assuming you couldnt be as stupid as to not see that housing rent increases take away spending money, & thereby reduce sales.
I really find it hard to believe that you aren't cognizant of how rent control is really handled. Especially since you point to New York.

If the rent can't be raised, shrink the space. The space that used to rent for $1200 a month still rents for $1200 a month, except now it's 58 square feet.

Not to the disingenuous state that you are presenting in your lies. Eg. Your Sears video. Sears has been on the way out for over a decade. Online sales did more to kill Sears than rent increases. Rent increases were minor movers in any of your ridiculous arguments.

Government imposed rent control has always failed. If you impose rent controls, you need to impose controls on the costs associated with maintenance to include taxation. Imposing rent controls creates dilapidated buildings and slums.
100% FALSE! If you took the time to read this thread before irresponsibly posting with ignorance, you would have known to not post such a glaringly wrong notion. 90% of New York City apartment buildings (under rent control for decades) are clean, healthy, fully occupied, and not anything like dilapidated slums. You're just talking standard landlord propaganda, that doesnt stand up to reality. See Post # 182.

This is compounded by the also false and absurd idea that keeps popping up in this thread, that $1000/month rent increases are necessary due to increased costs. Oh yeah ? Increased costs of $1000/month, huh ? You guys must think the readers of the forum are all idiots.

Last edited:
100% FALSE! If you took the time to read this thread before irresponsibly posting with ignorance, you would have known to not post such a glaringly wrong notion.

This is compounded by the lso false and absurd idea that keeps popping up in this thread that $1000/month rent increases are necessary due to increased costs. Oh yeah ? Increased costs of $1000/month, huh ? You guys must think the readers of the forum are all idiots.
Government imposed rent control ensures that the costs of maintaining a building are greater than the rent they can collect. These properties always fall into a state of disrepair.

100% FALSE! If you took the time to read this thread before irresponsibly posting with ignorance, you would have known to not post such a glaringly wrong notion.

This is compounded by the lso false and absurd idea that keeps popping up in this thread that $1000/month rent increases are necessary due to increased costs. Oh yeah ? Increased costs of $1000/month, huh ? You guys must think the readers of the forum are all idiots.
I don’t believe all the people here are an idiot, but you certainly are.

Not to the disingenuous state that you are presenting in your lies. Eg. Your Sears video. Sears has been on the way out for over a decade. Online sales did more to kill Sears than rent increases. Rent increases were minor movers in any of your ridiculous arguments.
You throw sentences around wildly, with nothing backing them. A "decade" is about the same amount of time that rents have been skyrocketing. More so in the last 4 years, but before that too.

Online sales ? McDonalds & Burger King are in big trouble. Not from online sales. Sam Ash didn't fold from online sales. When you buy a guitar, violin, piano, you play it before you buy it. Gotta feel it and hear it.
Shelling out hundreds of dollars for an instruments without touching or hearing it is as:lame2:brain as anything could be. I've been a musician for 60 years. I've known hundreds of musicians. Not many musicians buy an instrument sight unseen, unheard.

This proposal is potent. There are 112 Million renters in America (34% of the total population).
There are also 32.2 Million businesses. Together these translate into a ton of votes.

If Trump does not reciprocate and propose a rent control law himself (of 5% or lower), he could be handing Biden the election. After the astronomical rent increases of the last few years, to renters and business owners, this is the most serious issue in America. Both have taken a huge hit economically, by the enormously higher rents.

The rent increases are because of Biden's failed economic policies making everything more expensive. All Trump has to do is what he said he will do and that problem will go away without piling up more laws on the free market.

What happens when their costs go up $200.00 a month or more?
They don't.

And even if they did, who says that their customers should get stuck paying for that ?
It's THEIR costs and somebody else should pay tht bill ? This is the landlord mentality.

If they were selling a non-necessity commodity, they would not BE ABLE to do that, because if their prices went up (above the market price), they would suffer sales reductions, triggering reduced profits.

It is only because they sell a product that people have to have, that they can get away with this. All the more reason to enact caps to PROTECT renters and business owners. 😐

The rent increases are because of Biden's failed economic policies making everything more expensive. All Trump has to do is what he said he will do and that problem will go away without piling up more laws on the free market.
I voted for Trump 3 times, and I plan to vote for him again, but the exhorbitant rent increase damage is already done. Now the rents will have to DEcrease - I'm hoping for good things to happen, but I cant say I'm too optimistic about the housing rental situation.

STFU Liar--do you understand the meaning of OVER A DECADE? You'll lie about anything to promote your other lies. SMFH, GTFOH
Is there a doctor in the house ? I mean really.

1721597489668.png

I hope they open Tampa Housing Authority Projects and protectionist can move his commie ass into them. He'll be happy then, just like everyone who has ever lived in the Chicago Housing Authority projects. Government control at its finest.

Government imposed rent control ensures that the costs of maintaining a building are greater than the rent they can collect. These properties always fall into a state of disrepair.
Look like you didn't take my advice in Post # 485.

AGAIN >> 90% of New York City apartment buildings (under rent control for decades) are clean, healthy, fully occupied, and not anything like dilapidated slums. You're just talking standard landlord propaganda, that doesnt stand up to reality. See Post # 182.

Forum List

Back