What's with the low oil prices?

It still has a massive impact for any company which is going to actually bother. It might not have an impact on current wells, but who's going to drill more wells and make a potential loss?

So $10.00/bbl.

No, each barrel of oil costs that much to produce. When they're thinking of selling the oil, they have to take these costs into account. If you've paid X amount of money to get the well going, then the price of oil drops so that you're not getting enough money back to cover your costs, then what happens to your business?

It's called bankruptcy. This is the issue here. OPEC know what money is required in order for US companies to be viable businesses, and it wants to push the price of a barrel down to a point where share prices in those companies tumble and the companies have no reason to operate.

It still has a massive impact for any company which is going to actually bother. It might not have an impact on current wells, but who's going to drill more wells and make a potential loss?

So $10.00/bbl.

No, each barrel of oil costs that much to produce. When they're thinking of selling the oil, they have to take these costs into account. If you've paid X amount of money to get the well going, then the price of oil drops so that you're not getting enough money back to cover your costs, then what happens to your business?

It's called bankruptcy. This is the issue here. OPEC know what money is required in order for US companies to be viable businesses, and it wants to push the price of a barrel down to a point where share prices in those companies tumble and the companies have no reason to operate.
Then buy those companies at the fire sale, then push the price of oil up by orders of magnitude while screaming peak oil.

Then buy those companies at the fire sale, then push the price of oil up by orders of magnitude while screaming peak oil.

It's possible, but you're still competing with OPEC. The problem still remains. Hence why the US wants to neutralist the OPEC threat, which in 2001 was Libya, Venezuela, Iran and Iraq. Two down, one leader dead and with sanctions and another with sanctions.

They've been run by dictatorial madmen who employed and employ terrorist and other similar tactics aimed at the the US and similar interests. Duh.

I'm lost, what is your point?
The madmen referred to were opposed by the US not because of their leverage in the oil market, as was suggested, but more because they posed and pose a very real threat to national security.

"National security" being oil prices huh?

Saddam threatened the US how? Chavez threatened the US how? Gadaffi threatened the US how? Iran threaten the US how?

That's like saying McDonald's threatened you that they won't sell you hamburgers so you can't get hamburgers. Um...go to Burger King....

They've been run by dictatorial madmen who employed and employ terrorist and other similar tactics aimed at the the US and similar interests. Duh.

The madmen referred to were opposed by the US not because of their leverage in the oil market, as was suggested, but more because they posed and pose a very real threat to national security.

Saddam threatened the US how? Chavez threatened the US how? Gadaffi threatened the US how? Iran threaten the US how?

That's like saying McDonald's threatened you that they won't sell you hamburgers so you can't get hamburgers. Um...go to Burger King....

Always ready to enlighten us with complete nonsense hey?

You don't know what the word "commodity" means, look it up. Oil is a commodity.

What's with the low oil prices?

Obama is trying to crash the Russian economy.

How did Obama cause lower oil prices?

Using RWnut logic,

by being in office.

Using LW logic, how'd he do it?

Everything good that happens with Obama's black ass parked behind the desk in the Oval Office is him, everything bad was because of W. It goes no deeper than that.

So $10.00/bbl.

Do you realize oil boom is driven by decreased costs to recover oil? Do you think this has any effect on the dynamics the industry is going through? Also, did you know OPEC is down to a third of the oil on the market? Any thought this might change things?

Not sure what this has to do with you being a wind up merchant, but hey.

Seriously? OK I'll dumb it down for you.

When you said Chavez, Gadaffi, Iran threatened us, who gives a shit? They sell a commodity. You didn't get that? Seriously?

When you said Chavez, Gadaffi, Iran threatened us, who gives a shit? They sell a commodity. You didn't get that? Seriously?

Jeez, you actually think I'm ever going to talk seriously to you? Why? There's no point.

Jeez, you actually think I'm ever going to talk seriously to you? Why? There's no point.

There is no point so simple, clear or obvious that a liberal can grasp it ever. What cracks me up is how then you think you're the intelligent party. When you learn about commodities, let me know. In the meantime, I'll just laugh at you. Remember how you weren't a liberal? LOL yeah...

Forum List

Back