🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

" when gerrymandering is based “purely on partisanship rather than on race”

Do you agree with this statement

• Yes. Why?

• No, Why?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dems invented Gerrymandering but now that they're a permanent minority it's a bad thing

There's a connection between race and partisanship when drawing these lines around our cities. Considering racial demographics proves to be more accurate than home values, etc.

I've always loved this district for Luis. D of course.Illinois 4.

lossless-page1-400px-Illinois_US_Congressional_District_4_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

Illinois's 4th congressional district - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "Constitutional" arguments against Gerrymandering are very tenuous but can succeed due to compromised judges. No one's right to vote is impacted in the least, and the strategies are not always successful.

As Our Beloved President has often pointed out, "elections [results] have consequences." If the electorate elects a majority of one party in the legislature, that majority provides the opportunity to do all sorts of things, limited only by the constitution and the creativity of the majority.

A document cannot be "offended." I think the word you were looking for was "violated" (which, arguably, can be construed as equally inapt, except for its acceptance in common parlance).

How many Constitutional scholars frequent this board?

• Banned
Dems invented Gerrymandering but now that they're a permanent minority it's a bad thing
A document cannot be "offended." I think the word you were looking for was "violated" (which, arguably, can be construed as equally inapt, except for its acceptance in common parlance).

How many Constitutional scholars frequent this board?

It wasn't my word. It is from a comment made by one of the members of the US Supreme Court, inconsistent with his or her comment from the bench during a case last year.

The "Constitutional" arguments against Gerrymandering are very tenuous but can succeed due to compromised judges. No one's right to vote is impacted in the least, and the strategies are not always successful.

As Our Beloved President has often pointed out, "elections [results] have consequences." If the electorate elects a majority of one party in the legislature, that majority provides the opportunity to do all sorts of things, limited only by the constitution and the creativity of the majority.

If only that were true, the courts have insinuated themselves into every facet of politics, especially redistricting. In my opinion all districts should be a square as possible, only taking into account the eligible voter population within the area.

there's no argument from me that racial gerrymandering is legal according to the current Scotus. But to deny the gop does it, is simply a lie.

Considering the most likely races to benefit from gerrymandering are blacks and Hispanics, and that a large majority of blacks and many Hispanics trend democratic, you really can't separate political reasons for said gerrymandering.

there's no argument from me that racial gerrymandering is legal according to the current Scotus. But to deny the gop does it, is simply a lie.

Considering the most likely races to benefit from gerrymandering are blacks and Hispanics, and that a large majority of blacks and many Hispanics trend democratic, you really can't separate political reasons for said gerrymandering.
bullshit marty

All About Redistricting -- Where the lines are drawn

How the GOP Is Resegregating the South

bullshit marty

So most black/hispanic districts DON'T vote democrat?

bullshit marty

So most black/hispanic districts DON'T vote democrat?
Are you intentionally being obtuse an unable to follow links? (ask a stupid question, expect one in return.)

Your premise is false. Since gerrymandering has been in place since 1812, what evidence do you have to demonstrate "blacks and Hispanics" have benefited?

That's blatantly false. You can draw any map to favor any race or any group of people.

Forum List

Back