When I was growing up in Louisiana

Persuader

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2020
My dad used to tell me that, growing up in Louisiana, his town was too poor to put in a basketball court. So when they wanted to play they had to stun about 50 alligators and lay them out in a rectangle over the mushy swamp. Then they’d stun 2 more, and stick them in the swamp tail first, prying open their jaws to serve as baskets. They’d know it was half time when an alligator would wake up and eat one of them.

I knew this old gal. She was extra poor. One day while walking to the back door, I heard her say she could wear all 6 pairs of her underwear at once and still touch her butt with a finger.

I knew this old gal. She was extra poor. One day while walking to the back door, I heard her say she could wear all 6 pairs of her underwear at once and still touch her butt with a finger.
We all knew her. For 50 cents she would let anybody touch her butt

When I was a kid we were so poor that on Christmas morning when all the kids in the neighborhood were playing with their new toys mom would tear a hole in the bottom of my right front pants pocket so that I would have something to play with too.

Forum List

Back