When it Comes To Music; People Gravitate Toward Lyrics That Resonate With Them.

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
Which is why this guy never really made it big. He's got the beats that rap and hip-hop fans crave. He can rap... I guess. Better than many I heard, who themselves have made it big. So...
What was missing? His lyrical content. This guy would be run out of just about every "hood" in america, by so called "real niggas". The message he sends in this song, along with many of his others; not only conflict with what the "hood" seems "cool". It's an affront to the whole concept of gangster rap.
If he was talking about fucking hoes, police brutality, and getting high... No doubt he'd be a household name by now. But alas he has very different messages in his music. Messages that have untold thousands relegate him to nothing more than an uncle Tom.
It's sad what certain communities have decided is cool. And possibly worse is what has been deemed "uncool".
Common sense, and good judgment just doesn't seem to resonate with kids these days...

Which is why this guy never really made it big. He's got the beats that rap and hip-hop fans crave. He can rap... I guess. Better than many I heard, who themselves have made it big. So...
What was missing? His lyrical content. This guy would be run out of just about every "hood" in america, by so called "real niggas". The message he sends in this song, along with many of his others; not only conflict with what the "hood" seems "cool". It's an affront to the whole concept of gangster rap.
If he was talking about fucking hoes, police brutality, and getting high... No doubt he'd be a household name by now. But alas he has very different messages in his music. Messages that have untold thousands relegate him to nothing more than an uncle Tom.
It's sad what certain communities have decided is cool. And possibly worse is what has been deemed "uncool".
Common sense, and good judgment just doesn't seem to resonate with kids these days...

Why this guy has not made it big.....are you kidding me? Hopsin HAS made it big. That video you posted has a view count of over 90 million (Those are mega star counts). He has MANY videos where the view count is in the millions. Besides, the majority of the people who buy rap are white so the main demographic that determines your blow up success, or not, is the white demographic, not the black demographic. It's not the ghetto youth and their support of an artist that makes them a success or not....its the white youth.

You brought the BS but you should have kept your receipt.

I like music like this.

Last edited:
Ah good. The phrase "kids these days" always goes down well here at the nursing home.

This isn't "music", at best it's attempted poetry --- but you're claiming this artist is being Dixie Chicked? Got a link for that?

I didn't bother listening 'cuz I can never understand what anyone is saying. Would have been helpful if you'd printed the lyrics.

Why this guy has not made it big.....are you kidding me? Hopsin HAS made it big. That video you posted has a view count of over 90 million (Those are mega star counts). He has MANY videos where the view count is in the millions. Besides, the majority of the people who buy rap are white so the main demographic that determines your blow up success, or not, is the white demographic, not the black demographic. It's not the ghetto youth and their support of an artist that makes them a success or not....its the white youth.

You brought the BS but you should have kept your receipt.

I like music like this.

Or this....​

Now that's actual 'music'.

This hopsin guy is a narcissistic hypocrite. He's come to pretty much embody all the things he supposedly was against back in 2012 when that song came out. Look up the lyrics to his new music, it's all money, muh dick, hoes and niggas.

This hopsin guy is a narcissistic hypocrite. He's come to pretty much embody all the things he supposedly was against back in 2012 when that song came out. Look up the lyrics to his new music, it's all money, muh dick, hoes and niggas.
Amazing how people are so willing to sell out....

Amazing how people are so willing to sell out....
He realized that his "message" was turning his own people against him. So; if you can't beat em'... Join em'. There's a lesson to be learned here...

This hopsin guy is a narcissistic hypocrite. He's come to pretty much embody all the things he supposedly was against back in 2012

Funny thing is, if you snip the quote right there so it makes no reference to music, you've perfectly described Rump. Right down to the year reference.

This hopsin guy is a narcissistic hypocrite. He's come to pretty much embody all the things he supposedly was against back in 2012

Funny thing is, if you snip the quote right there so it makes no reference to music, you've perfectly described Rump. Right down to the year reference.

Ya got a link to back up your claim?

Sher. Here's a popular one:

trumprevolution1-20121106.jpg

Or how 'bout this one...

Oh my -- that goes into Duh Birfer Bullshit too. Bonus track! :eusa_dance:

/offtopic

Ya got a link to back up your claim?

Sher. Here's a popular one:

trumprevolution1-20121106.jpg

Or how 'bout this one...

Oh my -- that goes into Duh Birfer Bullshit too. Bonus track! :eusa_dance:

/offtopic

Oh, well if I really cared to I could look up some old video of Hillary and Obama saying not so nice things about one another. It's politics, maaaan.

Back on topic, lyrical content is secondary to me. The music comes first, good lyrics are just icing on the cake. Most of the bands I listen to sing in a foreign language anyway.

The first line says it all.
"I hate rap, but if the shoe fits, wear it.
The music industry isn't about music.
It's about money and control of the recording artist.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Youre a fucking idiot. Everyone knows about him. Plenty of better music with same message though.

Last edited:

Youre a fucking idiot. Everyone knows about him. Plenty of better music with same message though.

Not everyone knows him.
I'm a professional musician and I've never heard of him.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Personally I think the music plays just as large a part in a song as the lyrics which is why I can't stand rap.

Forum List

Back