When SHTF, which of these weapons would you choose?

Choose one firearm and one hand-to-hand weapon

• Total voters
Hunting for food assumes that there is food to hunt. The SHTF scenario might mean that there is none in which case there is nothing to shoot.

Fending off "mauraders" happens in video games. In real life a single gun is not going to stop "mauraders" because there are more of them than there are of you. They can take turns sleeping but you have to remain awake 24*365. They can encircle you but you can't do the same to them.

:lol:

Sure. No one except you indicated that it was 1 vs. many. You injected that nonsense. Otherwise, you're only attempting to dampen the discussion presumably because you think yourself an intellectual and two, you dont like the idea of guns.

Sure, in a SHTF scenario where an asteroid hits the earth, the chances of needing a firearm are slim. That said, obviously the OP isn't pointing to such a scenario as it would be a moot discussion.

Genius.

Kindly refrain from making erroneous assumptions about me. Having had the benefit of law enforcement weapons training I prefer reality to fantasy when it comes to firearms.

:eusa_whistle:

Whatever I need to do in order to protect my life and my property, if tshtf.

-- And what exactly is "whatever"?

You've picked a specific instrument; you must necessarily have some specific function in mind beyond "whatever".
For instance you've cited "accuracy at a good distance". Accuracy for doing what?

Are you aware of what "the shit hits the fan" actually means?

There are a number of things:

- hunting for food
- fending off mauraders

As two examples. You live ina bubble?

:dunno: there's nothing like that going on anywhere I've been, and I travel a lot, so no I guess I don't live in a bubble.

Another place I've never lived or visited is the whole fantasy role-play doom and gloom video game, so thanks for that imagery. I feel so enriched.

You've picked a specific instrument; you must necessarily have some specific function in mind beyond "whatever".
For instance you've cited "accuracy at a good distance". Accuracy for doing what?

Please don't tell me you're not bright enough to figure this stuff out. I don't buy it.

Posing a question isn't always done because the asker doesn't know the answer.
Please don't tell me you're not bright enough to actually finish your thought beyond the concept "whatever"?

Wasssamatta? Afraid of what you might find?

Last edited:
PRAYER

The most powerful weapon on earth.... one angel slew 145,000 men while Joshua slept. Let me know when one of you can match those results. Keep your earthly weapons and .. I'll keep and use the weapons of my warfare through prayer ... thanks..

- Jeri

Much as I don't cotton to organized religion and its concepts, this ^^ makes a lot more sense than the shortsighted laundry list in the poll.

At least it's a start for thinking outside the bubble.

Wonder why the OP abandoned his own thread... :dunno:
Maybe because it's stoopid.

Please don't tell me you're not bright enough to figure this stuff out. I don't buy it.

Posing a question isn't always done because the asker doesn't know the answer.
Please don't tell me you're not bright enough to actually finish your thought beyond the concept "whatever"?

Wasssamatta? Afraid of what you might find?
Not afraid at all. I just don't like game-playing with people who apparently like to play stupid.

PRAYER

The most powerful weapon on earth.... one angel slew 145,000 men while Joshua slept. Let me know when one of you can match those results. Keep your earthly weapons and .. I'll keep and use the weapons of my warfare through prayer ... thanks..

- Jeri

Much as I don't cotton to organized religion and its concepts, this ^^ makes a lot more sense than the shortsighted laundry list in the poll.

Or maybe he was tired of pompous asses pretending to be superior.

Yes, that seems much more likely.

PRAYER

- Jeri

"pretending to be superior" -- from a guy with guns in both hands :lmao: Oh the irony.

Anyway I doubt that. He's in New York. :eek:

Last edited:
-- And what exactly is "the job"? :eusa_think:

OK, how's this: I'd select the tools most suited to stopping anybody who assumed they were entitled to my stuff. Lethal force is pretty convincing and they won't be back a second time.

Pick one firearm, and one hand to hand weapon.

My choice is the AA-12 and sabre

AA-12. World's deadliest shotgun! - YouTube

I would choose an AK, because it's tough, reliable, and although not the most accurate, it is capable of doing the job at a good distance. For all-around usefulness and tolerance to abuse, it's the best in that class.

AK's are very accurate if you give them good ammo. The Chinese crap and the older eastern bloc stuff is pretty awful, but the Remington shoots very well out of every AK I've ever run it through.

Pick one firearm, and one hand to hand weapon.

My choice is the AA-12 and sabre

AA-12. World's deadliest shotgun! - YouTube

I would choose an AK, because it's tough, reliable, and although not the most accurate, it is capable of doing the job at a good distance. For all-around usefulness and tolerance to abuse, it's the best in that class.

Putting food on the table, and keeping two legged predators under control...DUH!

the concept of self reliance is a lost on the left

they have for years bought into the idea that the government

will take care of your every need when the shtf

look at the folks who stayed behind

in the tropical storm sandy on the east coast

so ill prepared and so dependent on the government

that they had to wait and rely on the government

to hand them out "matches" to make fire

fire the most basic of human needs couldnt do it

sad really what the government has done to the people

"pretending to be superior" -- from a guy with guns in both hands :lmao: Oh the irony.
You'd think an English major would be able to properly use the word "irony".

Guess not.
Anyway I doubt that. He's in New York. :eek:
You have a point. NYC is FULL of pompous ass liberals.

Are you stationary, or on the move?

I've always started from the assumption that any teotwawki event may require mobility.

That means equipment must serve as many functions as possible.

That's why the sword and morning star etc. were immediately eliminated.

The parang serves a similar function...but can also be used to construct deadfall traps, baton kindling, chop saplings, clear or cut trails, etc.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LO6CZ77BJU]Coldsteel Kukri vs Gerber Bear Grylls Parang, Review and Field Test - YouTube[/ame]

the concept of self reliance is a lost on the left

they have for years bought into the idea that the government

will take care of your every need when the shtf

look at the folks who stayed behind

in the tropical storm sandy on the east coast

so ill prepared and so dependent on the government

that they had to wait and rely on the government

to hand them out "matches" to make fire

fire the most basic of human needs couldnt do it

sad really what the government has done to the people

We don't call them "sheeple" for nothing...

I've always started from the assumption that any teotwawki event may require mobility.

The parang serves a similar function...but can also be used to construct deadfall traps, baton kindling, chop saplings, clear or cut trails, etc.

Coldsteel Kukri vs Gerber Bear Grylls Parang, Review and Field Test - YouTube

Everything depends on the scenario. I am too old to do the ground trek though in that situation my primary weapon would have been a Ruger 10/22, backup a Colt Delta Elite 10mm, and my Bagwell bowie as primary knife.

In a vehicular situation that all changes. Now it's my HK G3, the same pistol and knife combo but adding a lot more ammo.

But even that is becoming a less likely situation for me. Now I'm a "stay at home" so we are very well prepared here.

Coldsteel Kukri vs Gerber Bear Grylls Parang, Review and Field Test - YouTube

Everything depends on the scenario. I am too old to do the ground trek though in that situation my primary weapon would have been a Ruger 10/22, backup a Colt Delta Elite 10mm, and my Bagwell bowie as primary knife.

In a vehicular situation that all changes. Now it's my HK G3, the same pistol and knife combo but adding a lot more ammo.

But even that is becoming a less likely situation for me. Now I'm a "stay at home" so we are very well prepared here.

The SHTF vehicle, fodder for another thread.

Forum List

Back