When SHTF, which of these weapons would you choose?

Choose one firearm and one hand-to-hand weapon

• Total voters
Are you stationary, or on the move?

I've always started from the assumption that any teotwawki event may require mobility.

That means equipment must serve as many functions as possible.

That's why the sword and morning star etc. were immediately eliminated.

The parang serves a similar function...but can also be used to construct deadfall traps, baton kindling, chop saplings, clear or cut trails, etc.

Coldsteel Kukri vs Gerber Bear Grylls Parang, Review and Field Test - YouTube

Everything depends on the scenario. I am too old to do the ground trek though in that situation my primary weapon would have been a Ruger 10/22, backup a Colt Delta Elite 10mm, and my Bagwell bowie as primary knife.

In a vehicular situation that all changes. Now it's my HK G3, the same pistol and knife combo but adding a lot more ammo.

But even that is becoming a less likely situation for me. Now I'm a "stay at home" so we are very well prepared here.

The SHTF vehicle, fodder for another thread.

Wellllll, this is my dream SHTF vehicle.... The reality is far, far different!:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDoRmT0iRic]The Marauder - South Africa's Ten Ton Military Vehicle - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

Whatever I need to do in order to protect my life and my property, if tshtf.

the concept of self reliance is a lost on the left

they have for years bought into the idea that the government

will take care of your every need when the shtf

look at the folks who stayed behind

in the tropical storm sandy on the east coast

so ill prepared and so dependent on the government

that they had to wait and rely on the government

to hand them out "matches" to make fire

fire the most basic of human needs couldnt do it

sad really what the government has done to the people

We don't call them "sheeple" for nothing...

obama supporters waiting for the prezbo to speak of hope and change

ObamaSheep.jpg

I would choose an AK, because it's tough, reliable, and although not the most accurate, it is capable of doing the job at a good distance. For all-around usefulness and tolerance to abuse, it's the best in that class.

-- And what exactly is "the job"? :eusa_think:

These people are so hilarious. When the shit hits the fan? You're all sufferening from paranoid delusions. You're as nutty as Charles Manson thinking the US was on the brink of civil war between blacks and whites.

These people are so hilarious. When the shit hits the fan? You're all sufferening from paranoid delusions.

what is so funny about having the right to defend yourself

the tshtf all over the place everyday

it happened in a gun free naval shipyard the other day for example

-- And what exactly is "whatever"?

You've picked a specific instrument; you must necessarily have some specific function in mind beyond "whatever".
For instance you've cited "accuracy at a good distance". Accuracy for doing what?

:eusa_whistle:

Please don't tell me you're not bright enough to figure this stuff out. I don't buy it.

LOL Yet another one who doesn't get irony and sarcasm.

These people are so hilarious. When the shit hits the fan? You're all sufferening from paranoid delusions. You're as nutty as Charles Manson thinking the US was on the brink of civil war between blacks and whites.

Tell that to the Angelino's during the King riots or to the New Orleans folks after Katrina. You see dear silly person a SHTF scenario is any which renders local government incapable of doing its job.

You naturally jump to the ludicrous assumption (thereby making an ass of yourself....no surprise there) that we are preparing for revolution when all we are preparing for is an earthquake in my situation, another hurricane in other posters areas, and other like events.

These people are so hilarious. When the shit hits the fan? You're all suffering from paranoid delusions.

Had there been stricter gun control laws, it would not have happened. A mentally ill person was allowed to buy a gun, to get security access to a naval base, to enter the base with a weapon, etc. That's the problem, not the shit hitting the fan. There would be no need for people to protect themselves if these nuts didn't have guns. Such things no longer happen in countries which have instituted strict gun control laws.

You people don't even reason logically about it. First, when things like the naval base shooting happen, you say it isn't a big deal, that more people are killed and murdered in other ways, that this is a small matter. Then you turn around and call it the shit hitting the fan and say you need to own weapons to protect yourself from such events. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

You would have huddled in the stinking dark of New Orleans' Superdome after Katrina, sobbing and demanding that the government take care of you.

Guaranteed.

You would have huddled in the stinking dark of New Orleans' Superdome after Katrina, sobbing and demanding that the government take care of you.

Guaranteed.

A post which makes it clear you ignore any logical point made in this thread and continue chanting your pro-gun mantra.

These people are so hilarious. When the shit hits the fan? You're all suffering from paranoid delusions.

Had there been stricter gun control laws, it would not have happened. A mentally ill person was allowed to buy a gun, to get security access to a naval base, to enter the base with a weapon, etc. That's the problem, not the shit hitting the fan. There would be no need for people to protect themselves if these nuts didn't have guns. Such things no longer happen in countries which have instituted strict gun control laws.

You people don't even reason logically about it. First, when things like the naval base shooting happen, you say it isn't a big deal, that more people are killed and murdered in other ways, that this is a small matter. Then you turn around and call it the shit hitting the fan and say you need to own weapons to protect yourself from such events. You can't have it both ways.

Had there been stricter gun control laws, it would not have happened.

really which law would have done that

A mentally ill person was allowed to buy a gun, to get security access to a naval base,

those are social issues not gun control issues

you say it isn't a big deal, that more people are killed and murdered in other ways, that this is a small matter.

when did i way that

I said it is a shame that people are defenseless in gun free zones

to be shot like fish in a barrel

Then you turn around and call it the shit hitting the fan

the courts and more so the Supreme Court has ruled

that the police has no affirmative duty or responsibility to protect you

from harm when tshtf which obligates you to defend yourself

perhaps you do not understand what shtf means

Manson appears to have been a few years before the time. I wonder what he thinks of the current situation, rife with racial tensions, blacks attacking whites (and other blacks) at the slightest provocation, and getting a pass.

Tell that to the Angelino's during the King riots or to the New Orleans folks after Katrina. You see dear silly person a SHTF scenario is any which renders local government incapable of doing its job.

You naturally jump to the ludicrous assumption (thereby making an ass of yourself....no surprise there) that we are preparing for revolution when all we are preparing for is an earthquake in my situation, another hurricane in other posters areas, and other like events.

Yup. In my situation it could be an earthquake, volcanic eruption, or any other event that would disrupt transportation of supplies into Alaska. This state is extremely dependent on "imports" for food and other staples. While a greater majority of Alaskan residents are self-sufficient and capable of living off the land, we still have our "urban" populations who would not think twice about killing someone for a Twinkie of a bottle of rotgut. It's their right.

Manson appears to have been a few years before the time. I wonder what he thinks of the current situation, rife with racial tensions, blacks attacking whites (and other blacks) at the slightest provocation, and getting a pass.

LOL We are as close to a civil war between blacks and whites as we are to colonizing Mars. :cuckoo:

No, the problem is not having stricter gun control laws. DC has some of the most restrictive firearm regulations in the Nation. Didn't help, did it? What is needed are better nutball deterrent laws. Nutballs very clearly think twice before selecting a target to shoot up. Or haven't you noticed they tend to select venues where gun control laws are most restrictive? Do you ever shut your mouth and open you mind long enough to understand that the possibility of encountering people who might shoot back is a very definite deterrent for these nuts?

Nah, didn't think so.

Guaranteed.

A post which makes it clear you ignore any logical point made in this thread and continue chanting your pro-gun mantra.

What logical point? It was illegal for him to take the shotgun onto the base, it was illegal for him to shoot the cop and take his pistol, it was then illegal for him to kill all of those poor people. It was also ILLEGAL FOR ANY OF THEM TO HAVE THE MEANS TO DEFEND THEMSELVES.

Thus, the mentally ill criminal was able to kill at will till SOMEONE ELSE WITH A GUN SHOWED UP.

You are yet another in a long line of stupid twats who will blissfully stand by while hundreds are killed and then when the government is finally able to disarm the populace will happily man the camp towers.

Fuck you..

Ah. . . . I see you were listening to that PBS propaganda last Sunday. That was fascinating, wasn't it?

Guaranteed.

Explain the logic in this...

Lanza stole a firearm.

Cho, Joker, Loughner and Alexis all passed firearm background checks and bought guns.

So what do the gun grabbers propose?

Background checks on private gun sales...

So Cho, Joker, Loughner and Alexis can pass background checks on private sales as well.

:cuckoo:

Brandon Hill, the crazy man that shot up the school in Georgia, but was talked down.

He was a convicted felon, but did he try to purchase from a private party?

Nope.

He stole the gun from a friend.

Gun control just doesn't work...

Supposition. Please post proof. I have read nearly ever gun control thread on this forum, and when ever the ivy league and government sponsored studies are rolled out to prove just the opposite, that particular gun grabber shuts up and goes away. Need they be posted yet again for you?

Yes, you are right. Laws and codes already exist that should have prevented this individual from having a weapon, soooo, we must seek to answer the question, why did he have the weapon, and why did he have clearance to get on the base. Perhaps we should just take the discussion directly to the conspiracy zone if you like. For really, that is the only reasonable and logical explanation at this point anyone can expect to explain the shooting. Anyway, why you have to derail and troll a perfectly interesting and intriguing thread? I don't know shit about weapons, but I sure do enjoy reading a good pissing contest. If you can't participate, stop your trollin'

MjAxMy0xOTVlZTQ3ZDBlZWY4ZTI1.png

This inane thread is in the wrong forum.

Should be in "XBox-Playstation". Until we get a "wackadoodle paranoia" forum.

Forum List

Back