When SHTF, which of these weapons would you choose?

Choose one firearm and one hand-to-hand weapon

• Total voters
Uh -- yeah right. I'm saying the idea of coping with life by blowing things away is mindlessly simplistic, and that makes ME the maroon and a "weakling". :cuckoo:

I'd say the weakling is the cretin who can't think of anything deeper than rerunning the old cowboys and indians script, don't you think?
Offering to bake cookies with the bad guys who have guns and want your stuff and don't mind killing you to get it -- probably not a good strategy.
There is a very old saying "peace through superior firepower".

No, there isn't. You just made it up.
No, he didn't. You probably should stop making such asinine claims.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pea...=955&dpr=1#q=peace+through+superior+firepower

Uh -- yeah right. I'm saying the idea of coping with life by blowing things away is mindlessly simplistic, and that makes ME the maroon and a "weakling". :cuckoo:

I'd say the weakling is the cretin who can't think of anything deeper than rerunning the old cowboys and indians script, don't you think?
Offering to bake cookies with the bad guys who have guns and want your stuff and don't mind killing you to get it -- probably not a good strategy.
There is a very old saying "peace through superior firepower".

No, there isn't. You just made it up.
No, he didn't. You probably should stop making such asinine claims.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pea...=955&dpr=1#q=peace+through+superior+firepower

reminds me of that old david zucker ad

the old is new again

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hzH6X8g34Y]The David Zucker Madeleine Albright ad - YouTube[/ame]

These people are so hilarious. When the shit hits the fan? You're all sufferening from paranoid delusions. You're as nutty as Charles Manson thinking the US was on the brink of civil war between blacks and whites.
Ah. . . . I see you were listening to that PBS propaganda last Sunday. That was fascinating, wasn't it?

I don't even have PBS where I live. No idea what you are talking about.

Eh, it was a while ago now, my mistake, it was NPR.

http://www.npr.org/2013/09/21/224763887/fresh-air-weekend-jeff-guinn-robbie-fulks-linda-ronstadt

Argentina's Economic Collapse Part 1 of 12 - YouTube

Economic collapse of Argentina, 2001.

I believe that when the IMF refused to loan Argentina money, their deficit to GDP was 2.5% and their external debt was 50% of GDP

Our current deficit to GDP is 8.7...US Federal Deficit as Percentage of GDP

Our current external debt to GDP is 106%...List of countries by external debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Our current public debt to GDP is 67.7%...US Federal Debt as Percentage of GDP

This was an excellent post. People are so obtuse to this fact. I am acutely aware of this fact every black Friday when I watch how savage the American populace gets on "Black Friday." I would hope we would be more civil and work together. . .but, from observing behavior on this forum, and on "black Friday," I think it will be dog eat dog. Sad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3q5NyxI8nk]The First 12 Hours of a US Dollar Collapse - YouTube[/ame]

Hand to hand weapon? It might be a fantasy to some people to defend themselves with the skillful use of a blade but it ain't gonna happen. Chances are that once you realize that you are in trouble the perp will kill you with a firearm.

Personally, I think all MSM is in the tank for the globalists, however, this is something to think about. I think they probably stated with a conclusion that they wanted to prove, and then set things up to make it look like a knife was better in some circumstances, most people that know a gun is better will find lot of errors, however, in very close quarters, like I said, it is still something to think about.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckz7EmDxhtU]Mythbusters Never Bring a Knife to a Gun Fight - YouTube[/ame]

Hand to hand weapon? It might be a fantasy to some people to defend themselves with the skillful use of a blade but it ain't gonna happen. Chances are that once you realize that you are in trouble the perp will kill you with a firearm.

Personally, I think all MSM is in the tank for the globalists, however, this is something to think about. I think they probably stated with a conclusion that they wanted to prove, and then set things up to make it look like a knife was better in some circumstances, most people that know a gun is better will find lot of errors, however, in very close quarters, like I said, it is still something to think about.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckz7EmDxhtU]Mythbusters Never Bring a Knife to a Gun Fight - YouTube[/ame]

There will be times be risking your life in hand to hand combat with an unarmed intruder is superior to taking the risk of using the last of your ammunition, because in now you'll have nothing to combat armed intruders in the future.

There will be times when bumping a stupid thread like this runs the risk of draining whatever shred of credibility you were tenuously hanging on to.
The fatal flaw in the OP, now reignited for an entire new two-week generation of readers, was and remains the inane Neanderthal assumption that "crisis means violence".

Missing from the list altogether was my go-to weapon of choice:

oldbrain.gif

Last edited:
There will be times when bumping a stupid thread like this runs the risk of draining whatever shred of credibility you were tenuously hanging on to.
The fatal flaw in the OP, now reignited for an entire new two-week generation of readers, was and remains the inane Neanderthal assumption that "crisis means violence".

oldbrain.gif
Crisis can indeed mean violence. To fail to take into account the possibility means you are NOT prepared.

Is your brain bullet-proof?

oldbrain.gif
Crisis can indeed mean violence. To fail to take into account the possibility means you are NOT prepared.

Is yours logic-proof?

You do understand what the word can means? And how it's different from ... must?

:eusa_whistle:

The OP is a fool who lives every day in a fucking "action-figure" comic book. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:

oldbrain.gif

Is yours logic-proof?

You do understand what the word can means? And how it's different from ... must?

The OP is a fool who lives every day in a fucking "action-figure" comic book. :eusa_hand:
If you're not prepared for the most likely contingencies...you're not prepared.

But don't worry your vacuous little head about it. I'm sure 9-1-1 response will be just a matter of minutes in the event of major breakdown of society.

Is yours logic-proof?

But don't worry your vacuous little head about it. I'm sure 9-1-1 response will be just a matter of minutes in the event of major breakdown of society.

Whatever, Green Lantern....

yawn.jpg

Last edited:
Is yours logic-proof?

yawn.jpg
I hope for you and your family's sake that you have a prepper neighbor who's willing to take you in if necessary.

Because whining is not a survival-oriented skill when civilization collapses. You can't eat commas, Skippy.

yawn.jpg
I hope for you and your family's sake that you have a prepper neighbor who's willing to take you in if necessary.

Because whining is not a survival-oriented skill when civilization collapses. You can't eat commas, Skippy.

10001300049.jpg

yawn.jpg

10001300049.jpg
I know you don't like being reminded of your absolute dependence on government.

But, hey, that's what you wanted, right?

These people are so hilarious. When the shit hits the fan? You're all suffering from paranoid delusions.

what is so funny about having the right to defend yourself

the tshtf all over the place everyday

it happened in a gun free naval shipyard the other day for example

Had there been stricter gun control laws, it would not have happened. A mentally ill person was allowed to buy a gun, to get security access to a naval base, to enter the base with a weapon, etc. That's the problem, not the shit hitting the fan. There would be no need for people to protect themselves if these nuts didn't have guns. Such things no longer happen in countries which have instituted strict gun control laws.

Take a moment to think about what you said.

"Had there been stricter gun control laws, it would not have happened. [so you claim if things were against the law they would not happen? A mentally ill person was allowed to buy a gun [If he had been declared mentally ill, it is against the law for him to buy a firearm], to get security access to a naval base [thisi as much more in-depth background check than the one required to buy a gun], to enter the base with a weapon [so a military base cannot guarantee security, but we are supposed to live our lives in the hopes that we never fall prey to any criminal element?, etc"

I don't particularly care for the choices presented. I would prefer my old 870 12 ga, and my springfield M1911.

THe more complicated the firearm gets the more likely it is to malfunction. And if it will malfunction, it will do so at the worst time.

As for those who wish to ridicule preppers, that works for me. If you are entertained by my have plans for several possible events in my future, I am glad to provide the laughs.

However, to pretend that you know that there will never be a breakdown society (either long or short term) and that our civilization is safe, is simply ignorance or bullshit.

We have some stored water, canned goods (and non-perishables), and a few plans. We treat it like we do plans to evacuate if the house is on fire, or to seek shelter from a tornado.

yawn.jpg

10001300049.jpg

How quickly the brainless forget.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9C51OawLFA]North America - US - Rodney King Riots - 19920429 - Los Angeles - 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39J0alpEgeQ]LA Riots 1992 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCgxIljvTQ]RODNEY KING RIOTS AND L.A. RIOTS // EXCLUSIVE VIDEO LEAKED // BREAKING NEWS - YouTube[/ame]

I don't particularly care for the choices presented. I would prefer my old 870 12 ga, and my springfield M1911.

THe more complicated the firearm gets the more likely it is to malfunction. And if it will malfunction, it will do so at the worst time.

As for those who wish to ridicule preppers, that works for me. If you are entertained by my have plans for several possible events in my future, I am glad to provide the laughs.

However, to pretend that you know that there will never be a breakdown society (either long or short term) and that our civilization is safe, is simply ignorance or bullshit.

We have some stored water, canned goods (and non-perishables), and a few plans. We treat it like we do plans to evacuate if the house is on fire, or to seek shelter from a tornado.

Don't get more simple then a gun you can build with a punch, screw driver, vice grips, and a proper hammer. The 870 is a solid choice to. 1911 though, its a bit dated and not a real good choice for those who are not "gun nuts". I would take your 870 and chuck it in the safe with the civi M4 and add a glock.

Forum List

Back