Where do republicans get this myth that Democrats believe welfare is the key to ending poverty?

"Where do republicans get this myth that Democrats believe welfare is the key to ending poverty?"

From their own errant, wrongheaded dogma – just another lie contrived by the right, another conservative straw man fallacy fabricated to misrepresent liberals' position on the issue.

Liberals do not believe welfare programs like food stamps are intended to lift people out of poverty. Such programs exist as an unfortunate safety net to the very poor. It is a necessary evil in an economy where wages for the poor are WAY behind on inflation. It is also important to note that 83% of households on food stamps have at least one child living in them. That means that even if you want to argue that any adult on food stamps is a self-defeating loser, it doesn't change the fact that kids in that family are in desperate need of proper nutrition for their development.

Why are they having children if they can't afford to take care of them?
I don't know. What are we supposed to do with the children? Put them to sleep?

What do you mean what are we supposed to do? Shouldn't you be directing that question to the people making the babies they can't pay for?
I agree they shouldn't of had the child but that isn't my point. Regardless of the mother's irresponsibility, the important question I am asking is what we do with the child. We can't put em back in the womb. So what do we do with the child?

That's the parents' issue to figure out. I see nothing "we" need to do. I take care of my own family.

Liberals do not believe welfare programs like food stamps are intended to lift people out of poverty. Such programs exist as an unfortunate safety net to the very poor. It is a necessary evil in an economy where wages for the poor are WAY behind on inflation. It is also important to note that 83% of households on food stamps have at least one child living in them. That means that even if you want to argue that any adult on food stamps is a self-defeating loser, it doesn't change the fact that kids in that family are in desperate need of proper nutrition for their development.

Conservatives like to argue that the poor are responsible for lifting themselves out of poverty, not the government. Now this is certainly true to a degree and is a fair point, but this logic ignores the nature of the economy that we live in. Low wage jobs greatly outnumber higher wage jobs and low wages are way behind on current cost of living standards. That means millions of people have NO CHOICE but to accept shitty paying jobs.

No liberal/democrat in general believes that welfare will end poverty. Have you noticed that one of the polcies of dems is to raise the minimum wage? Millions of people currently on welfare would no longer qualify for it if they made a decent wage.That is the ONLY way to fix poverty. Wages in the middle class and poor have been flat for DECADES while inflation is way ahead. What is the incentive for the private market to raise wages on its own if business owners can maximize profit by keeping wages so low?

Instead of raising the rage why not have JTPA's where a person can train for a better job and earn more than what they would get flipping burgers?

As for where they get this notion: RUSH LIMBAUGH BRAINWASHING!

What do you mean what are we supposed to do? Shouldn't you be directing that question to the people making the babies they can't pay for?
I agree they shouldn't of had the child but that isn't my point. Regardless of the mother's irresponsibility, the important question I am asking is what we do with the child. We can't put em back in the womb. So what do we do with the child?

What's this "We" stuff? We didn't get her pregnant.

That's the parents' issue to figure out. I see nothing "we" need to do. I take care of my own family.
Ok I don't understand why you people think so one dimensionally about this issue. My point is what we do with the child. You speak as though we are talking about someone not being able to make their monthly car payments. We are talking about a human being. So because the mother can't take of her kid, we should let the kid starve to death? Don't you see how that's a problem. Giving food stamps to a mother isn't about her. It's about the kid she is raising.

What's this "We" stuff? We didn't get her pregnant.
Put aside the mother and her fuck up. WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE KID WHO DIDNT CHOOSE TO BE BORN.

Ok I don't understand why you people think so one dimensionally about this issue. My point is what we do with the child. You speak as though we are talking about someone not being able to make their monthly car payments. We are talking about a human being. So because the mother can't take of her kid, we should let the kid starve to death? Don't you see how that's a problem. Giving food stamps to a mother isn't about her. It's about the kid she is raising.

And I don't understand why you keep asking what "we" are going to do when I have no such obligation to do anything instead of asking the parents what they are going to do.

LBJ's democrats established "the war on poverty" about 50 years ago and there are more people on poverty today under the Hussein administration. The U.S. spent billions on the program and we still have redundant and often competing federal agencies that have failed in their mission more than a quarter of a century ago. The light at the end of the tunnel is the fact that democrats created the poverty pimp system that keeps Black people on the dole and voting for democrats and with the help of the liberal media propaganda a typical low information leftie might say it's working.

Gosh, gee, I just can't imagine how anyone could get the wild idea that Democrats think welfare is the key to ending poverty! Shucks, where would anyone get such an idea? Truly, this is a deep mystery, just unfathomable.
What is wrong with helping people who need help?

And I don't understand why you keep asking what "we" are going to do when I have no such obligation to do anything instead of asking the parents what they are going to do.
We the People have decided we are going to help the less fortunate in our society

Sucks being you

Gosh, gee, I just can't imagine how anyone could get the wild idea that Democrats think welfare is the key to ending poverty! Shucks, where would anyone get such an idea? Truly, this is a deep mystery, just unfathomable.

IN A FREE COUNTRY CHARITY SHOULD BE ****VOLUNTARY*******

.SECONDLY, PEOPLE WHO ARE DEPENDENT ON FEDERAL LARGESSE SHOULD NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE THEY ARE MOTIVATED TO ELECT WELFARE STATE POLITICIANS LIKE COMRADE SANDERS AND SINCE THEY DON'T OWN PROPERTY THEY ARE NOT MOTIVATED TO KEEP TAXES LOW. THEY SHOULD NOT BE PART OF JURIES WHERE THE GOVERNMENT IS A PARTY.

Nothing if you do it on a personal level. But when you vote to have the government take other peoples money to give to those that need help, that's where the problem is. Our government was not designed to be a charity. Charities are designed for charity.

Conservatives like to argue that the poor are responsible for lifting themselves out of poverty, not the government. Now this is certainly true to a degree and is a fair point, but this logic ignores the nature of the economy that we live in. Low wage jobs greatly outnumber higher wage jobs and low wages are way behind on current cost of living standards. That means millions of people have NO CHOICE but to accept shitty paying jobs.

No liberal/democrat in general believes that welfare will end poverty. Have you noticed that one of the polcies of dems is to raise the minimum wage? Millions of people currently on welfare would no longer qualify for it if they made a decent wage.That is the ONLY way to fix poverty. Wages in the middle class and poor have been flat for DECADES while inflation is way ahead. What is the incentive for the private market to raise wages on its own if business owners can maximize profit by keeping wages so low?
The lack of meaningful education and all the weird conspiracies have rotted their tiny minds. All they have to work with is what's left over.

So you don't think the mother uses the food that comes from those food stamps?

Our government gives incentives for poor people to have children, then we can't figure out why we can't solve poverty?

That's like saying I can't solve the problem of the raccoon digging in my garbage can, but I keep the lid off all night and throw away good food that I couldn't finish for dinner every night.

If you can't take care of your kids, they should be put up for adoption. While not the most humane thing to do, it would stop the incentive for these poor people to have children, and then there would be less of them in the future.

A SAFETY NET is not supposed to last for decades and generations dipshit.

The lack of meaningful education and all the weird conspiracies have rotted their tiny minds. All they have to work with is what's left over.

you mean the lack of lib brainwashing by leftist elitist liberal faggots?

Forum List

Back