Which of these three 80s Rock bands are the best

Guns has many legendary songs like Sweet Child , Jungle, November rain, Mr Brownstone, Dont you cry

I have to pick Guns out of the 3
Just crap...If Axl Rose's "singing " voice were a cat with its tail caught under a rocking chair, it would be a 3X improvement...Slash is a thoroughly middling guitar player, known for only one obnoxious riff....barf.
Def Lep is the most consistent out of the 3 but I dont consider any of their songs that big
They weren't that big, nor that great...But they were a consistently above-average band that put on good shows.....One of them even got me laid with a saucy buxom redhead back in the day...McNichols Arena, Denver...She wanted to go, and I acquiesced to that request....Yes, this video is from that show...

DEF LEP
Guns N ROSES
VAN HALEN

Please give me why

This message board is loaded with a lot of folks who are good at breaking down music

Do not name another band
Van Halen.

They still had Ted Templeman producing and were still at the top of their game in the 80s even after DLR was gone.

Guns and Roses was still new and only had 2 albums out in the late 80's.

Def Leppard's drummer wrecked his Corvette and lost an arm in 1984 on new years' eve.

Last edited:
DEF LEP
Guns N ROSES
VAN HALEN

Please give me why

This message board is loaded with a lot of folks who are good at breaking down music

Do not name another band

I would go with The Smiths or Metallica

DEF LEP
Guns N ROSES
VAN HALEN

Please give me why

Do not name another band

Well, none of them were is rocking as Hanson, but I would have to split the baby in half on this one. I think GNR's Appetite for Destruction album itself was an excellent album that really made a massive splash. The band unfortunately self-destructed after that. VH, on the other hand, had a lot of longevity so as a "band" I guess I would have to give it to them even though I don't particularly care for their sound.

Forum List

Back