Which of these western movies is best

Wild bunch

Searchers

High Noon

The man who shot Liberty V

Butch Cassidy
From a standpoint of a movie buff watching a movie with innovative directing and editing, High Noon is the top. For a pure watch the movie and forget it's a movie, Searchers with MWSLV a very close second.

I'm on board with Fleegle's list above, except that I'm not a fan of the Spaghetti Western.

Fort Apache was a great one, but maybe more of a cavalry movie than a western?

From a standpoint of a movie buff watching a movie with innovative directing and editing, High Noon is the top. For a pure watch the movie and forget it's a movie, Searchers with MWSLV a very close second.

I'm on board with Fleegle's list above, except that I'm not a fan of the Spaghetti Western.

Fort Apache was a great one, but maybe more of a cavalry movie than a western?
I'm not a Sergio fan either...but...I do like the scope of the G,B&U~

For new stuff...1883, the 1923/Yellowstone Pre-prequel was pristine. Some of the best cinematography out there. Paramount+

Butch and Sundance is my favorite but there are tons of great westerns... I wish Hollywood would do more but they would just mess it up with gay cowboys or something.....

"Western" is a big tent. Jeff Bridges modern western "Hell and High Water" ranks pretty high for me. The Shootist with the Duke is watchable.

Once upon a Time in the WEST, Good, Bad, Ugly and Unforgiven are superb

These 3 are the best so far and not even close

Outlaw Wales was only great the first half

Forum List

Back