Which Republican Senators would support Obama's Supreme Court nominee?

neither will the sky fall if we proceed in a timely fashion.

and there's the pesky fact that there is no rational reason NOT to do so...

Well, the rational reason is that Obama has no intention of nominating a Constitutional originalist to replace Scalia and we shouldn't have to suffer for 30 years because of his untimely death. The sky may not fall but our Constitutional rights hang in the balance.

We all know that you want to exploit Scalia's death for political gain here. That's what every Conservative should be shouting at the top of their lungs until it drowns out your obstructionist whining and moaning.

Maybe Ginsberg can do us all a favor and croak, then your boy can pick HER replacement in the coming months and leave Scalia's seat for the next president?

Maybe you should wait and see who Obama nominates first.

why would he when they can stir the crap pot now. We all know that is the Democrat party game's they play on their base of voters and they fall for it every time. with these people like Obama, Hillary, etc for them it always Party over country. and sadly we see it's the same for many of their supporters

neither will the sky fall if we proceed in a timely fashion.

and there's the pesky fact that there is no rational reason NOT to do so...

Well, the rational reason is that Obama has no intention of nominating a Constitutional originalist to replace Scalia and we shouldn't have to suffer for 30 years because of his untimely death. The sky may not fall but our Constitutional rights hang in the balance.

We all know that you want to exploit Scalia's death for political gain here. That's what every Conservative should be shouting at the top of their lungs until it drowns out your obstructionist whining and moaning.

Maybe Ginsberg can do us all a favor and croak, then your boy can pick HER replacement in the coming months and leave Scalia's seat for the next president?

obama was never my boy and i am not a scalia hater.

i thought he was wicked smaht and made everyone around him smarter.

your need to project your imagination into everything speaks volumes.

obstructionist is your ilk.

any president in the same circumstance should nominate in a timely fashion, regardless.

that is what i want.. because that is the proper course of action under the circumstances.

again, there is no rational reason NOT to.

obama was elected in 2012 with voters' full knowledge of possible SCOTUS vacancies.

sotomayor was appointed in 2009, kagan in 2010 (scalia loved her and recommended her btw).

voters chose obama in 2012 knowing full well what they were choosing...

voters want the president to nominate someone without delay.

there's no rational reason not to.

Assuming even McConnell realizes he can't table a Supreme Court nomination for a year

1. Susan Collins (ME): traditionally the most bipartisan Republican

2. Lindsey Graham (SC): fresh off a Presidential defeat, not too beholden to how his party treated him

3. John McCain (AZ): The old Maverick with strong traditional views of the process

4. Lisa Murkowski (AK): Write in candidate who was abandoned by her party

5. Mark Kirk (IL): Up for election in a blue state

Don't you need to know who Obama picks before you know who's going to vote no on them? Republicans can't even pretend to be civil mature or adult about this. LOL.

Thank you God for making this happen in an election year!

let us see who opposes whom and why...

there are certainly legitimate reasons to oppose or favor nominees.

but there is never a legitimate reason to just kick the can down the road...

Unless Obama nominates someone like Ted Cruz who is a Constitutional originalist, his nominee should be summarily rejected. Period... end of discussion. Take it to the people in November and let them decide.

any president in the same circumstance should nominate in a timely fashion, regardless.

that is what i want.. because that is the proper course of action under the circumstances.

I'm on record stating that Obama SHOULD nominate someone... I'd say the same if it were a Republican president. He can nominate all he wants to... that's his constitutional right and there is no reason for him not to do so.... BUT... His nominee doesn't have to be confirmed. His nominee doesn't have to be considered in a timely manner... The SJC can take all the time they want and they can reject on any grounds they deem appropriate.

I'm on record stating that Obama SHOULD nominate someone... I'd say the same if it were a Republican president. He can nominate all he wants to... that's his constitutional right and there is no reason for him not to do so.... BUT... His nominee doesn't have to be confirmed. His nominee doesn't have to be considered in a timely manner... The SJC can take all the time they want and they can reject on any grounds they deem appropriate.

Not sure, I think Tyler holds the record.

8th nominee finally filled the spot

First nominee onJanuary 9, 1844, 8th finally confirmed on February 4, 1845.

List of nominations to the Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Assuming even McConnell realizes he can't table a Supreme Court nomination for a year

1. Susan Collins (ME): traditionally the most bipartisan Republican

2. Lindsey Graham (SC): fresh off a Presidential defeat, not too beholden to how his party treated him

3. John McCain (AZ): The old Maverick with strong traditional views of the process

4. Lisa Murkowski (AK): Write in candidate who was abandoned by her party

5. Mark Kirk (IL): Up for election in a blue state

Don't you need to know who Obama picks before you know who's going to vote no on them? Republicans can't even pretend to be civil mature or adult about this. LOL.

Thank you God for making this happen in an election year!

I seriously doubt the actual pick will have much bearing with Republicans...McConnell has already declared that

Yup seeing as how Obama will nominate someone not acceptable there is no reason to think his nominee will pass.

let us see who opposes whom and why...

there are certainly legitimate reasons to oppose or favor nominees.

but there is never a legitimate reason to just kick the can down the road...

Unless Obama nominates someone like Ted Cruz who is a Constitutional originalist, his nominee should be summarily rejected. Period... end of discussion. Take it to the people in November and let them decide.

Ted Cruz knows little about the Constitution

He did not even realize he was a Canadian citizen until a year ago

I'm on record stating that Obama SHOULD nominate someone... I'd say the same if it were a Republican president. He can nominate all he wants to... that's his constitutional right and there is no reason for him not to do so.... BUT...

His nominee doesn't have to be confirmed. His nominee doesn't have to be considered in a timely manner... The SJC can take all the time they want and they can reject on any grounds they deem appropriate.

they should consider his nominee in a timely fashion as well, as there is no rational reason not to.

voters are watching and they are free to TRY to delay...

and they are also free to explain their rejection rationale with conviction, so voters can decide for themselves how to view who is representing their best interest and who is being irrationally obstructionist...

Yup seeing as how Obama will nominate someone not acceptable there is no reason to think his nominee will pass.
You should see who he nominates first so not to look like a stupid partisan hack who's clearly playing fucking games with our democracy. Thank you for turning out the vote.

We don't have a black man to get blacks to show up to vote so how about the next Justice will believe that Black Lives Matter? That Muslim Americans are not the enemy. That gays should have equal rights and women should have a choice over their reproductive rights. That illegals deserve a path to citizenship. Despite what Trump says Mexicans are not all rapists.

You should see who he nominates first so not to look like a stupid partisan hack who's clearly playing fucking games with our democracy. Thank you for turning out the vote.

We don't have a black man to get blacks to show up to vote so how about the next Justice will believe that Black Lives Matter? That Muslim Americans are not the enemy. That gays should have equal rights and women should have a choice over their reproductive rights. That illegals deserve a path to citizenship. Despite what Trump says Mexicans are not all rapists.
His short list is Holder Lynch and a couple other liberal scum, why do you think he will nominate someone acceptable?

His short list is Holder Lynch and a couple other liberal scum, why do you think he will nominate someone acceptable?

It could also be Sri Srinivasan, Merrick Garland, Neal Katyal, Jeh Johnson or Patricia Ann Millett

pandering to fear and loathing is what all the cool sheep do these days.

Agreed.

A stealth moderate that will sell out on Gun Control and Immigration will be passed by the internationalist moderates. This has been in the works for a long time.

This is the end of the Republic.

. . . but you don't disagree, that is indeed what will happen?? :slap:

obama was elected in 2012 with voters' full knowledge of possible SCOTUS vacancies.

And Republicans were elected to the Senate in 2014 with voters full knowledge of possible SCOTUS vacancies. Likewise, the House grew in numbers as well as over 30 governorships and state legislatures. The American people had had enough. We really do draw lines in the sand and stand behind them unlike Obama.

Forum List

Back