White Christian America Is Dead and Trump's Loss Will Prove It, Religion Expert Robert P Jones Says

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
From the christian post , at last they are coming to grips with reality

In his new book "The End of White Christian America," billed "quite possibly the most illuminating text for this election year," Robert P. Jones, founding CEO of the Public Religion Research Institute, says white Christian America is dead and the general election in November could be a referendum on it.

"I begin the book with an obituary for White Christian America, and I conclude the book with a eulogy. This construction is consistent with the book's stark title. My argument in the book is that we have already experienced the passing of White Christian America," Jones told The Washington Post in an interview with John Sides, an associate professor of political science at George Washington University who specializes in public opinion, voting, and American elections.

"While this claim is grounded in demographic changes, it is also supported by the fading power of major institutions, such as the National Council of Churches or the Christian Coalition of America. There are no indicators that the country will see the likes of White Christian America as a dominant cultural force again," he said.

Using a graph created from 2014 data, Jones highlighted the rapid decline in the proportion of white, non-Hispanic Christians across generations.

White Christian America Is Dead and Trump's Loss Will Prove It, Religion Expert Robert P Jones Says

What on EARTH does Christianity have to do with Donald Trump? He's married three trollops, stands accused of raping a 13 year old girl, was a party hound of the 1970s & 80s. There's probably been more cocaine up that tiny nose of his than the donkey's could pack out of Bolivia in a decade, he rubs elbows with the rich scum of the earth and brags about all of it openly, daring you to find fault in his behaviors.

Seriously? This author has made a link between Donald Trump and morality? :lmao:

I am not sure why the Christian Right does not admit the USA is now a liberal nation.

It's not complicated. The masses speak and it shows.

The only way to initiate or start change is to raise our children differently or infuse the nation with more conservative people. Since most people in the US are liberal minded, the latter really is the only way.

Am I wrong?

sometimes, you just have to admit to things and face reality, like it or not.
You just look foolish - you may be right, but, regardless, the nation is trending away.... may come down later to 2 forms of Democratic parties....

Does this mean we will all live with ni@@ers like guno does?

In his new book "The End of White Christian America," billed "quite possibly the most illuminating text for this election year," Robert P. Jones, founding CEO of the Public Religion Research Institute, says white Christian America is dead and the general election in November could be a referendum on it.

"I begin the book with an obituary for White Christian America, and I conclude the book with a eulogy. This construction is consistent with the book's stark title. My argument in the book is that we have already experienced the passing of White Christian America," Jones told The Washington Post in an interview with John Sides, an associate professor of political science at George Washington University who specializes in public opinion, voting, and American elections.

"While this claim is grounded in demographic changes, it is also supported by the fading power of major institutions, such as the National Council of Churches or the Christian Coalition of America. There are no indicators that the country will see the likes of White Christian America as a dominant cultural force again," he said.

Using a graph created from 2014 data, Jones highlighted the rapid decline in the proportion of white, non-Hispanic Christians across generations.

Guy sounds as crazy as you

I am not sure why the Christian Right does not admit the USA is now a liberal nation.

It's not complicated. The masses speak and it shows.

The only way to initiate or start change is to raise our children differently or infuse the nation with more conservative people. Since most people in the US are liberal minded, the latter really is the only way.

Am I wrong?

sometimes, you just have to admit to things and face reality, like it or not.
You just look foolish - you may be right, but, regardless, the nation is trending away.... may come down later to 2 forms of Democratic parties....
The United States is a failed nation. Our only hope for survival as a relevant force is to be overtaken by a better people and the liberal stain forcibly wiped away.

Trump isn't running as a religious right winger.

Of the two candidates, who is the white Christian from the south?

Liberal America has been brain dead since it's infiltration.

It's like a fire ant colony that was ignored too long.

There is a vast difference between classic Christianity and what passed for Christianity among American right wingers.

You can't imagine real Christians calling out "let him die".

Catholic bishops say GOP budget proposal fails moral test

Everyone here is nuts .. well almost everyone ... the sane people gave up long ago.....

There is only ONE true Christianity and it's not defined by a person or religion.

The problem with Christianity is that you no one can explain it - it's a relationship.
It's like trying to explain why you love someone. You can never do it.

The book's premise is informative if one understands that the author is describing the eclipse of the 19th century white Protestant supremacy in America and the 20th century phenomenon of the post 1950 white evangelicalism that swept the nation. Both impulses are receding, yes.

However, that does not undercut the fact that America is a nation of predominantly Christians. 75% of America is churched in Christianity. That is a fact.

Another troll thread from one of the most vile, unrepentant racist, bigoted fools on this site.

Dupes like Guano think blacks are going to take over America with their ultra high abortion rates, murder rates, incarceration rates, drug usage rates, welfare rates, HIV/AIDS rates, and low education and job skills.

Forum List

Back