White college fraternity in Oklahoma shut down for overt racism

Einstein was talking about racism in America in 1946. He was not talking about racism through the ages.
Yes he was addressing racism in the US. However, the condition he is speaking of exists wherever white people and people of color reside in the world. Can you name an instance of racism prior Aristotle?
Yep, in the bible. Sons of Ham.
Talk to me. The bible is kind of a weak reference for me since it was written AD. However, I will allow it if you explain what you mean.

1 When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and shall cast out many nations before thee, the Hittite, and the Girgashite, and the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;
2 and when the LORD thy God shall deliver them up before thee, and thou shalt smite them; then thou shalt utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them;
3 neither shalt thou make marriages with them: thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.
- Deuteronomy 7
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0507.htm

Pretty open and shut racism extending from simple hate speech all the way to genocide.

Funny how a Jew boy who says all religion is meaningless uses a religious text to support an unfounded argument.

Einstein was talking about racism in America in 1946. He was not talking about racism through the ages.
Yes he was addressing racism in the US. However, the condition he is speaking of exists wherever white people and people of color reside in the world. Can you name an instance of racism prior Aristotle?
Talk to me. The bible is kind of a weak reference for me since it was written AD. However, I will allow it if you explain what you mean.

1 When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and shall cast out many nations before thee, the Hittite, and the Girgashite, and the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;
2 and when the LORD thy God shall deliver them up before thee, and thou shalt smite them; then thou shalt utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them;
3 neither shalt thou make marriages with them: thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.
- Deuteronomy 7

Pretty open and shut racism extending from simple hate speech all the way to genocide.
Thats not racism. Thats tribalism or nationalism.

"seven nations greater and mightier than thou"

- Deuteronomy 7

Funny how a Jew boy who says all religion is meaningless uses a religious text to support an unfounded argument.

Asclepias said, "Talk to me. The bible is kind of a weak reference for me since it was written AD. However, I will allow it if you explain what you mean."

This Jew boy responded accordingly to a user's request for Biblical material.

- Deuteronomy 7

Asclepias said, "Talk to me. The bible is kind of a weak reference for me since it was written AD. However, I will allow it if you explain what you mean."

Conservative is just a little monkey that I have riled up. Ignore him.
lol.gif

- Deuteronomy 7

"Before anyone says the Bible wasn’t racist because he wasn’t based on skin colour note that the United Nations defines racism as “any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin”. So treating people different because they are from a different tribe or ethnic group is racist."
Terrible Parts Of The Bible Part 5 Racism Robert Nielsen

- Deuteronomy 7

"Before anyone says the Bible wasn’t racist because he wasn’t based on skin colour note that the United Nations defines racism as “any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin”. So treating people different because they are from a different tribe or ethnic group is racist."
You cant just take the position that the United Nations is the agreed upon authority regardig what racism means to make your example work. :laugh:

I was working off the dictionary meaning.

Maybe "Fred" could become a member of this forum too, but I think it's against the rules for one person to have two personas.

I wonder if Fred knows those Republican's would like to take away his voting rights?

I think we should try to save "Fred" from his friend. I wonder how we can contact "Fred"?

I guess we'll just have to try through the spirit world, I dunno. :p I do know that it's way past my bedtime. I have no idea what I'm doing up so late. I have to get up at 5 AM.

Have a good one! :D

So according to you and Liminal it's apparently not realistic for a black man and a white man to have a friendship without it being a token thing or just symbolic. You two are such incredible hypocrites. You demand equality but when it actually exists you dismiss it as symbolism or token friendship. Fuck you both. You two are part of the problem because you create division under the guise of unification. If there wasn't something to bitch about you two would have no purpose and thus you create division to give yourself purpose. YOU are the fucking problem

Under normal circumstances....but your circumstances aren't normal. I'm calling bullshit on your story because no one needs protection while attending an Earth, Wind, and Fire concert.

He evidently needs protection from geriatrics.

You cant just take the position that the United Nations is the agreed upon authority regardig what racism means to make your example work. :laugh:

splitting-hairs.jpg

- Deuteronomy 7

Conservative is just a little monkey that I have riled up. Ignore him.
lol.gif

You give yourself credit for something that hasn't happened nor that someone like you could ever do.

- Deuteronomy 7

It's not that you used it. It's your interpretation of a book you say is meaningless that makes your post meaningless.

So you don't like the bible as a reference, how about the Chinese?

Pejorative statements about non-Han Chinese can be found in some ancient Chinese texts. For example, a 7th-century commentary to the Hanshu by Yan Shigu on the Wusun people likens "barbarians who have green eyes and red hair" to macaque monkeys.[1]

Some conflicts between different races and ethnicities resulted in genocide. Ran Min, a Han Chinese leader, during the Wei–Jie war, massacred non-Chinese Wu Hu peoples around 350 A.D. in retaliation for abuses against the Chinese population, with the Jie people particularly affected.[2]

Rebels slaughtered many Arabs and Persian merchants in the Yangzhou massacre (760). The Arab historian Abu Zayd Hasan of Siraf reports when the rebel Huang Chao captured Guang Prefecture, his army killed a large number of foreign merchants resident there: Muslims, Jews, Christians, and Parsees, in the Guangzhou massacre.[3] Foreign Arab and Persians residing in Quanzhou were massacred in the Ispah Rebellion.

In the 20th century, the social and cultural critic Lu Xun commented that, "throughout the ages, Chinese have had only two ways of looking at foreigners, up to them as superior beings or down on them as wild animals." [4]

- Deuteronomy 7

Which is why you're wrong. No offense. :)

"Racial Discrimination
To treat differently a person or group of people based on their racial origins. Power is a necessary precondition, for it depends on the ability to give or withhold social benefits, facilities, services, opportunities etc., from someone who should be entitled to them, and are denied on the basis of race, colour or national origin.

Sources- The Ideology of Racism

Race
All human beings belong to a single species and share a common origin. They are born equal in dignity and rights and all form an integral part of humanity. All peoples of the world possess equal faculties for attaining the highest level in intellectual, technical, social, economic, cultural and political development. The differences between the achievements of the different people are entirely attributable to geographical, historical, political, economic, social and cultural factors. Such differences can in no case serve as a pretext for any rank ordered classification of nations or peoples.

Source: "Declaration on Race and Racial Prejudice" adopted by the General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation, Article I

Racism
Is any action or attitude, conscious or unconscious, that subordinates an individual or group based on skin colour or race. It can be enacted individually or institutionally.

Source: US Civil Rights Commission

Defining Race Racism and Racial Discrimination[/b]

Pejorative statements about non-Han Chinese can be found in some ancient Chinese texts. For example, a 7th-century commentary to the Hanshu by Yan Shigu on the Wusun people likens "barbarians who have green eyes and red hair" to macaque monkeys.[1]

Some conflicts between different races and ethnicities resulted in genocide. Ran Min, a Han Chinese leader, during the Wei–Jie war, massacred non-Chinese Wu Hu peoples around 350 A.D. in retaliation for abuses against the Chinese population, with the Jie people particularly affected.[2]

Rebels slaughtered many Arabs and Persian merchants in the Yangzhou massacre (760). The Arab historian Abu Zayd Hasan of Siraf reports when the rebel Huang Chao captured Guang Prefecture, his army killed a large number of foreign merchants resident there: Muslims, Jews, Christians, and Parsees, in the Guangzhou massacre.[3] Foreign Arab and Persians residing in Quanzhou were massacred in the Ispah Rebellion.

In the 20th century, the social and cultural critic Lu Xun commented that, "throughout the ages, Chinese have had only two ways of looking at foreigners, up to them as superior beings or down on them as wild animals." [4]
Those all sound like they came after the comments by Aristotle.

"Too black a hue marks the coward, as witness Egyptians and Ethiopians, and so does also too white a complexion, as you may see from women. So the hue that makes for courage must be intermediate between these extremes. A tawny colour indicates a bold spirit, as in lions; but too ruddy a hue marks a rogue, as in the case of the fox. A pale mottled hue signifies cowardice, for that is the colour one turns in terror. "
-Aristotle 322 B.C.E

- Deuteronomy 7

"Racial Discrimination
To treat differently a person or group of people based on their racial origins. Power is a necessary precondition, for it depends on the ability to give or withhold social benefits, facilities, services, opportunities etc., from someone who should be entitled to them, and are denied on the basis of race, colour or national origin.

Race
All human beings belong to a single species and share a common origin. They are born equal in dignity and rights and all form an integral part of humanity. All peoples of the world possess equal faculties for attaining the highest level in intellectual, technical, social, economic, cultural and political development. The differences between the achievements of the different people are entirely attributable to geographical, historical, political, economic, social and cultural factors. Such differences can in no case serve as a pretext for any rank ordered classification of nations or peoples.

Source: "Declaration on Race and Racial Prejudice" adopted by the General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation, Article I

Racism
Is any action or attitude, conscious or unconscious, that subordinates an individual or group based on skin colour or race. It can be enacted individually or institutionally.

I see what you did there. You took the liberty of changing "racism" to "racial discrimination".
laugh.gif

Racism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Full Definition of RACISM
: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

"Too black a hue marks the coward, as witness Egyptians and Ethiopians, and so does also too white a complexion, as you may see from women. So the hue that makes for courage must be intermediate between these extremes. A tawny colour indicates a bold spirit, as in lions; but too ruddy a hue marks a rogue, as in the case of the fox. A pale mottled hue signifies cowardice, for that is the colour one turns in terror. "
-Aristotle 322 B.C.E
I don't think so, especially the second example. According to this, knowledge of Aristotle came to China after 599 AD.

JSTOR An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

-Aristotle 322 B.C.E
I don't think so, especially the second example. According to this, knowledge of Aristotle came to China after 599 AD.

Knowledge of Aristotle may have came to China after 599 AD but the sentiment of racism expressed may have come prior to that and not have necessarily been attributed to Aristotle having being displayed as a social norm of white people. Also you have to remember that whites and China probably go back a long way. Whites had plenty of time to teach them how to be racists.

-Aristotle 322 B.C.E

Knowledge of Aristotle may have came to China after 599 AD but the sentiment of racism expressed may have come prior to that and not have necessarily been attributed to Aristotle having being displayed as a social norm of white people. Also you have to remember that whites and China probably go back a long way. Whites had plenty of time to teach them how to be racists.
LOL! They wouldn't have taught them to be racist against whites. Your theory is very far fetched.

- Deuteronomy 7

"Racial Discrimination

Race

Racism

I see what you did there. You took the liberty of changing "racism" to "racial discrimination".
laugh.gif

: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Legal definitions are what'll get used, not a dictionaries'.

-Aristotle 322 B.C.E

LOL! They wouldn't have taught them to be racist against whites. Your theory is very far fetched.
Whites taught Blacks to be racist against whites. I'm sure it was not intentional but just a result of interaction with whites.

"Racial Discrimination

Race

Racism

laugh.gif

Legal definitions are what'll get used, not a dictionaries'.
Legal definitions are used when discussing law. When discussing everyday meanings of words the dictionary is usually the source. When we say a person was "killed" everyone knows that can be murder or manslaughter legally but for purposes of discussion we just say the person was killed.

Forum List

Back