"Anti-Democracy"? Democracy is actually not an American Principle, the Founders warned against it

Why can you not give a number?

I will tell you why, because the number is ZERO but you lack the honesty to admit you were wrong.

You are just one more mindless partisan drone....how boring. We never get anyone that can think for themselves on this board any longer.
It's not zero, but you're funny anyway.

I assume you went to public school since you don't seem to know that slavery is over, but that cities have become much larger.
Did you go to trailer homeschool? Is that why you don't know how to spot red herring arguments or know how to avoid making them? We weren't talking about slavery today, we were talking about the purpose of the Electoral College which was designed to protect the institution of slavery, politically like how the second amendment allows armed militias of white men to protect it violently.

Mob= A majority of the population.
You can stumble on semantics all you want, the Framers knew better.
The Framers were wealthy slavers who wanted to protect democracy for themselves. You tell me with your own logic what's wrong with the person winning the majority of the vote, winning the election?

Did you go to trailer homeschool? Is that why you don't know how to spot red herring arguments or know how to avoid making them? We weren't talking about slavery today, we were talking about the purpose of the Electoral College which was designed to protect the institution of slavery, politically what the second amendment allows armed militias of white men to do violently.
Lol. Homeschool and private school students consistently outperform public school students academically. But now look who is talking about red herrings, IM2.

"white men to do violently" lmao

The Framers were wealthy slavers who wanted to protect democracy for themselves. You tell me with your own logic what's wrong with the person winning the majority of the vote, winning the election?

They seem to be ok with person winning the majority of the vote, winning the election for every other elected office.

Wonder why it is not bad to do it that way for a Senator

Lol. Homeschool and private school students consistently outperform public school students academically. But now look who is talking about red herrings, IM2.

"white men to do violently" lmao
That's not a red herring, moron. That's history. George Mason, the second largest slave owner next to Washington in Virginia, argued that the second amendment was necessary because without it and a standing army that the Southern States would have to rely on the federal government to vote on and raise a fighting force to put down any slave revolts. That's why the second amendment starts off with, "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a Free State..."

Good gawd, are you people really this lazy? I found this in 10 seconds.

Locations in the United States where President Donald Trump visited during the primaries of his 2016 presidential campaign (According to list below).

That was 8 years ago. Do you have anything more recent?

Also, look at all those states that were ignored, seems you proved my point for me.

That's not a red herring, moron. That's history. George Mason, the second largest slave owner next to Washington in Virginia, argued that the second amendment was necessary because without it and a standing army that the Southern States would have to rely on the federal government to vote on and raise a fighting force to put down any slave revolts.
Sure thing, IM2.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." --George Mason

Part of the compromise to get the Constitution ratified was that small populated states had as much say voting as did larger populated states.
That you seem to be ignorant of that simple founding principle is no surprise.

Already explained, IM2. Because prez candidates would only have to campaign in a few choice urban areas. Without the electoral college, why not just eliminate states altogether?

Already explained, IM2. Because prez candidates would only have to campaign in a few choice urban areas. Without the electoral college, why not just eliminate states altogether?

Presidential candidates would only have to campaign in a few choice areas now, you proved that with your Wiki link.

You keep debunking your own arguments.

Forum List

Back