"Anti-Democracy"? Democracy is actually not an American Principle, the Founders warned against it

Without the electoral college the South feared the Northern states would vote to end slavery. Giving them extra delegates and national voting power by counting their slaves as 3/5s of a person secured the guarantee that slavery would be protected.
And yet slavery wasn't guaranteed because it ended a scant few decades later. But the electoral college lives on. What is your excuse for ending it now?

And yet slavery wasn't guaranteed because it ended a scant few decades later. But the electoral college lives on. What is your excuse for ending it now?
Slavery ended a few decades later in 1861 with a civil war?

My argument for ending it is that it was designed to protect slavery which no longer exists and now only serves enforce minority rule. What's your argument for keeping it?

Slavery ended a few decades later in 1861 with a civil war?

That it was designed to protect slavery which no longer exists and now only serves enforce minority rule. What's your argument for keeping it?P

People living in 5% of US geography is majority rule? Interesting math you have there, IM2.

People living in 5% of US geography is majority rule? Interesting math you have there, IM2.
What? No. Losing the popular vote but winning the electoral college and becoming president is minority rule. Can you do simple math? What happens when the person who gets fewer votes from actual voters wins? Is that not minority rule?

You just demonstrated why the founders favored the electoral college. Now go high five your non-swamp city dwellers, IM2.
Who cares what slavers wanted? Why do you keep appealing to their authority like that's some sort of rational argument? I want the person who wins the most votes to win the election. You explain to me with your own words whats wrong with that.

Every decent human being should want to dismantle the electoral college. It can't be defended with logic and reason. It was designed to protect the interest of slave states. Again, you morons have things ass backwards.

That is simply false.
No evidence for that.

Who cares what slavers wanted? Why do you keep appealing to their authority like that's some sort of rational argument? I want the person who wins the most votes to win the election. You explain to me with your own words whats wrong with that.
Already did. btw, "Curried Goats," how long was your IM2 account banned? And why? Was it because the mods got tired of you crying to them?

That is simply false.
No evidence for that.
Just because you're failures of history doesn't mean the rest of us have to be. You tell me why you think they decided to count slaves as 3/5s of a person for the purpose of giving slave owners more representation.

Forum List

Back