"Anti-Democracy"? Democracy is actually not an American Principle, the Founders warned against it

Part of the compromise to get the Constitution ratified was that small populated states had as much say voting as did larger populated states.
That you seem to be ignorant of that simple founding principle is no surprise.
Curried Goat is IM2. His IM2 account was banned, so he's heavy on his Curried Goats account.

Part of the compromise to get the Constitution ratified was that small populated states had as much say voting as did larger populated states.
That you seem to be ignorant of that simple founding principle is no surprise.
What was special about those States that they needed special protection? I'm not the one afraid to admit the importance slavery played in the Founding of this country and the formation of it's government. And what's the logic today? Why should votes in rural states count more than votes in urban ones?

I did and learned about how the Electoral College was designed to count slaves as 3/5s of a person for the purpose of deciding delegates and assigning Electoral College votes. Where were you educated that this is news to you?
There may be more to the 3/5ths of a person that you typed. This was more for representation that the South demanded as the North did not want to count what were slaves as anything. So, a compromise was made. The North got more representation than the South would have had if slaves were counted as full persons.

What was special about those States that they needed special protection? I'm not the one afraid to admit the importance slavery played in the Founding of this country and the formation of it's government. And what's the logic today? Why should votes in rural states count more than votes in urban ones?
They don't IM2. That's the point of the electoral college.

Already explained, IM2. Because prez candidates would only have to campaign in a few choice urban areas. Without the electoral college, why not just eliminate states altogether?
Because that would defeat the purpose of federalism and who cares about campaigning? Are you telling me that the logic behind your desire to make some votes count more than others is because you want to influence campaign stops?

Because that would defeat the purpose of federalism and who cares about campaigning? Are you telling me that the logic behind your desire to make some votes count more than others is because you want to influence campaign stops?

What he fears would happen if the EC went away is already happening every cycle, which he proved himself

Federalism? lol States lose more and more autonomy every decade. Are you telling me you just want to dismantle states? Because that is what a popular vote would contribute to in this case.

Blah blah slavery blah.
🙄
Rual states don't "count more" than populous states.
GTFOH. :eusa_hand:

Keeping slavery legal is the only thing necessary to protect slavery. They didn't need the EC for that. The 13th Amendment makes slavery unconstitutional and illegal now. The EC still has nothing to do with that.
Without the electoral college the South feared the Northern states would vote to end slavery. Giving them extra delegates and national voting power by counting their slaves as 3/5s of a person secured the guarantee that slavery would be protected.

Forum List

Back