White college fraternity in Oklahoma shut down for overt racism

I am going to walk away because I am too angry to have a rational dialogue. You and Liminal should really have a hard look at yourselves. It seems to me that you are both so eager to look for injustices that you cant accept that in some situations there are no injustices that exist. It seems to me that both of you are displaying racism by assuming that an actual friendship between men of different races must have ulterior motives. BTW Fred is a rightie too...yes there actually are black Republicans.

You two are the problem. When people of differing races find friendship you diminish it instead of letting it be what it is. Shame on you both.

Don't get mad and leave. This is a message board. We don't know you. People can say anything on a message forum. If you've really got a friend named Fred, and you both sing Earth, Wind, and Fire, I think that's great.

Maybe "Fred" could become a member of this forum too, but I think it's against the rules for one person to have two personas.

I wonder if Fred knows those Republican's would like to take away his voting rights?

I think we should try to save "Fred" from his friend. I wonder how we can contact "Fred"?

I guess we'll just have to try through the spirit world, I dunno. :p I do know that it's way past my bedtime. I have no idea what I'm doing up so late. I have to get up at 5 AM.

Have a good one! :D

So according to you and Liminal it's apparently not realistic for a black man and a white man to have a friendship without it being a token thing or just symbolic. You two are such incredible hypocrites. You demand equality but when it actually exists you dismiss it as symbolism or token friendship. Fuck you both. You two are part of the problem because you create division under the guise of unification. If there wasn't something to bitch about you two would have no purpose and thus you create division to give yourself purpose. YOU are the fucking problem

I think it's totally appropriate to be suspicious of that one black friend rightie's always claim to have, especially if you're signing Earth, Wind, and Fire together. I dunno. :p

I am going to walk away because I am too angry to have a rational dialogue. You and Liminal should really have a hard look at yourselves. It seems to me that you are both so eager to look for injustices that you cant accept that in some situations there are no injustices that exist. It seems to me that both of you are displaying racism by assuming that an actual friendship between men of different races must have ulterior motives. BTW Fred is a rightie too...yes there actually are black Republicans.

You two are the problem. When people of differing races find friendship you diminish it instead of letting it be what it is. Shame on you both.

Don't get mad and leave. This is a message board. We don't know you. People can say anything on a message forum. If you've really got a friend named Fred, and you both sing Earth, Wind, and Fire, I think that's great.

Maybe "Fred" could become a member of this forum too, but I think it's against the rules for one person to have two personas.

I wonder if Fred knows those Republican's would like to take away his voting rights?

I think we should try to save "Fred" from his friend. I wonder how we can contact "Fred"?

By assuming that Fred can't think for himself and needs you to save him from the white man's influence you are demonstrating your racism. You think Fred can't think for himself? You are a total racist

I guess we'll just have to try through the spirit world, I dunno. :p I do know that it's way past my bedtime. I have no idea what I'm doing up so late. I have to get up at 5 AM.

So according to you and Liminal it's apparently not realistic for a black man and a white man to have a friendship without it being a token thing or just symbolic. You two are such incredible hypocrites. You demand equality but when it actually exists you dismiss it as symbolism or token friendship. Fuck you both. You two are part of the problem because you create division under the guise of unification. If there wasn't something to bitch about you two would have no purpose and thus you create division to give yourself purpose. YOU are the fucking problem

The whole story was amateurishly contrived. I like the part where you are blithely and innocently confused by "Fred's" warning.

By assuming that Fred can't think for himself and needs you to save him from the white man's influence you are demonstrating your racism. You think Fred can't think for himself? You are a total racist

I think the problem is, we're assuming Fred doesn't exist.

They'll claim the incident created hostility or some shit. The truth is they should expel whoever made and shared the video. No one would have known about it if not for that.
thats like the 4th time you've mentioned that retard.

Leave The Rabbi alone....he is still trolling for shock value

<hint: pretend you are outraged and The Rabbi will giggle like a little girl>

The kid leading the chant was a Freshman. He learned the song soon after joining the fraternity. Everyone on the bus knew the song and obviously enjoyed singing it

The kids learned a valuable life lesson........If you are going to make racist taunts, do it on an anonymous message board

Under normal circumstances....but your circumstances aren't normal. I'm calling bullshit on your story because no one needs protection while attending an Earth, Wind, and Fire concert.

If you were born white in America, and the black man is living better than you are, just where do you think the fault may lay?

The black man, and his stranglehold on power in America keeping you down?
The black mans access to superior educational facilities that won't admit whites?
The black man getting all the best, highest paying jobs.
The black mans control of Wall St, and Fortune 500 companies?

Wow I cannot believe you two have the audacity to be so incredibly racist in public.

This supposed friend of Fred's doesn't know that it is offensive to hang a Confederate flag in the window at a frat house.

If you were born white in America, and the black man is living better than you are, just where do you think the fault may lay?

The black mans access to superior educational facilities that won't admit whites?

It is called being uppity

Thats why the resident eXtreme rw'ers hate the President as does their *cough* "party"- Republicorp

Video of racist chant threatens Univ. of Oklahoma s progress - Yahoo News
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Almost a generation ago, the University of Oklahoma set out to raise its profile, seeking to build a regional school that served mostly students from the Southwest into a leading institution that attracted top scholars.

President David Boren made striking progress, achieving a reputation that now extends well beyond the Sooners football team that once defined the campus. But those improvements seem in peril after members of a fraternity were caught on video chanting a racial slur. The chant referenced lynching and indicated black students would never be admitted to OU's chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon

college age kids need to learn that their actions reflect on everyone an everything around them (i.e. their parents, church, friends, extended family, university, etc, etc).

if/when they engage in behavior that reflects badly, and they get caught (which in this day and age is virtually inevitable with advent of the smart-phone), they must expect to face the consequences of their actions.

we have all been young and stupid, but we must all come of age where we recognize that things like this hateful chant are not and will never be harmless.

i believe both the university and the fraternity did the righ thing to simply shut it down and expell those who were obviously the ring leaders.

now, perhaps, this will serve as a learning opportunity for other students.

perhaps students will study our history a little closer and come to realize just how unacceptable things like this have become in our society today.

"he who refuses to learn from the past is doomed to repeat it"

college age kids need to learn that their actions reflect on everyone an everything around them (i.e. their parents, church, friends, extended family, university, etc, etc).

if/when they engage in behavior that reflects badly, and they get caught (which in this day and age is virtually inevitable with advent of the smart-phone), they must expect to face the consequences of their actions.

we have all been young and stupid, but we must all come of age where we recognize that things like this hateful chant are not and will never be harmless.

i believe both the university and the fraternity did the righ thing to simply shut it down and expell those who were obviously the ring leaders.

now, perhaps, this will serve as a learning opportunity for other students.

perhaps students will study our history a little closer and come to realize just how unacceptable things like this have become in our society today.

"he who refuses to learn from the past is doomed to repeat it"

Thats about it

It was .....We always sang it before........Everyone else was doing it

Same thing happened with hazing. Frats are not known for being on the cutting edge

but racism is not a white institution. Sorry...these guys were assholes and fuck them. But it goes both ways. My best man at my wedding was a black man named Fred (I am white). Fred and I are still close. He always said when it came to music I had far too much soul for a white boy. LOL. We both love Earth, Wind and Fire. We would drive to school and sing. We had worked out the harmonies and sang together incredibly. I saw that EWF was playing in our city and I went to Fred all excited and said "we have to go". Fred looked at the venue and said "you can't go".

I was confused and didn't understand. I said "this is our band. We have to go" and he said. "I am sorry you can't go. I can't protect you if you go" Racism goes both ways
Hi BP, long time no see.

EWF mostly draws middle aged white people. A quick look at their touring schedules shows they don't play anywhere that a white man such as yourself would need protection from the ravaging Negroes. :lol:

but racism is not a white institution. Sorry...these guys were assholes and fuck them. But it goes both ways. My best man at my wedding was a black man named Fred (I am white). Fred and I are still close. He always said when it came to music I had far too much soul for a white boy. LOL. We both love Earth, Wind and Fire. We would drive to school and sing. We had worked out the harmonies and sang together incredibly. I saw that EWF was playing in our city and I went to Fred all excited and said "we have to go". Fred looked at the venue and said "you can't go".

I was confused and didn't understand. I said "this is our band. We have to go" and he said. "I am sorry you can't go. I can't protect you if you go" Racism goes both ways
Yes racism is a white institution. Of that there is no doubt. That story about not going to an EWF concert sounds a bit suspect. Black peoples one "weakness" is their easy acceptance of people that enjoy their culture.

Forum List

Back