🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

White House Chafes at Mattis Push for Obama Allies at DOD

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Danger of Trump rift after SecDef blocked from appointing two officials with Democratic ties

It appears Mattis is recommending former Obama staffers for leading positions in the Pentagon and the president's people are turning them down. Just how much of a rift is this going to create? And, what does it mean for the future of the US military?

Kaufman believes both sides should look to compromise.

President Trump should be very careful about alienating Mattis, who gives the administration credibility in an area where the president sorely needs it,” Kaufman said. “Perhaps the president and Gen. Mattis can reach a reasonable compromise, with the latter having wide discretion so long as the deputies he chooses are not former officials in the Obama administration.”

That line in the sand seems reasonable to me, given the wide divergence between President Trump’s worldview versus President Obama’s,” Kaufman continued.

Full story @ White House Chafes at Mattis Push for Obama Allies at DOD

Trump needs Mattis, not the other way around. Pence goes to Mattis, and Mattis says, "How much do you want to be President? Tillerson is in."

I'd be leery of Dems right now as well.

Trump needs to take a real good look at these folks. I sure as hell would.

Forum List

Back