White Suburban Moms

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The latest target of the Obama administration.

At what point does the divisive, racist attempt to divide and destroy this nation stop? First we learn that anyone who opposes the current regime's efforts to socialize this country and oppose Obama are racists. One leftist calls for unspeakable actions against Governor Palin. Now we have this. Instead of quoting this idiot's comments - who, had he been Republican, would instantly be fired – read them for yourself @ Arne Duncan: 'White Suburban Moms' Who Think Their Child Is 'Brilliant' Oppose Common Core

Set your own standards higher and don't rely on media hacks to tell you about Common Core. Look it up for yourselves.

Here are the Common Core standards for Math: Common Core State Standards Initiative | Mathematics | Home | Mathematics

Some sample standards for Grade 1:

Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.1

Understand the meaning of the equal sign, and determine if equations involving addition and subtraction are true or false. For example, which of the following equations are true and which are false? 6 = 6, 7 = 8 – 1, 5 + 2 = 2 + 5, 4 + 1 = 5 + 2.

Here are the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts: Common Core State Standards Initiative | English Language Arts Standards | Home | English Language Arts Standards

Same samples for Grade 4:

Use relative pronouns (who, whose, whom, which, that) and relative adverbs (where, when, why).

Correctly use frequently confused words (e.g., to, too, two; there, their).*

They're (;)) you go.

Last edited:
From the OP...

==============================

Valerie Strauss at the Washington Post cites Duncan’s words by Politico’s Libby Nelson who was present at the conference:

"It’s fascinating to me that some of the pushback is coming from, sort of, white suburban moms who — all of a sudden — their child isn’t as brilliant as they thought they were and their school isn’t quite as good as they thought they were, and that’s pretty scary..."

==============================

Hmmmmm...

The remarks have a worrisome and patronizing tone and seem to hint at denigration...

Maybe it's just me...

I've heard standup comics make the same observation and get big laughs for it. Every mom thinks their kid is a genius.

The reality is that kids are entering the workforce who can barely spell their own name. And that is, what, ten or eleven years after No Child Left Behind?

Read the Common Core Standards for yourselves. I conveniently provided links so it is a no-brainer for you to find them.

Then point out the flaws, if you can find any.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back