🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who are these people who want to tell women what to do in their private lives?

Gorsuch will not vote to overturn Roe.

Nothing in his writings or his logic would lead one to think so.

Roe is safe.

Chuz, no, a foetus is not a child, except in your imagination.
Try selling that shit denial to any of those already doing time for the murder of a 'child in the womb' and convicted under one of our fetal homicide laws.

Sent from my SM-N920V using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Only in relationship to the primary, the mother. To call abortion 'murder' is an unintelligent comment.
Like I said, try selling your denials to those already convicted. Sent from my SM-N920V using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Because of the relationship of dependence of Mom.

You will always lose this argument, because abortion is a medical term.

Wait, if it ain't a baby, there is no Mom.

You screwed up again Jakey

Chuz, no, a foetus is not a child, except in your imagination.
Try selling that shit denial to any of those already doing time for the murder of a 'child in the womb' and convicted under one of our fetal homicide laws.

Only in relationship to the primary, the mother. To call abortion 'murder' is an unintelligent comment.
Like I said, try selling your denials to those already convicted. Sent from my SM-N920V using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Wait, if it ain't a baby, there is no Mom. You screwed up again Jakey
You can run and dodger but you can't hide. So easy to pin you, or chuz, for that matter, down.

Wait, if it ain't a baby, there is no Mom. You screwed up again Jakey
You can run and dodger but you can't hide. So easy to pin you, or chuz, for that matter, down.

Run from what, fool?

You keep making my argument for me.

Roe is not going to be over turned.
No doubt your ilk had the same attitude during slavery, saying "Dred Scott is not going to be overturned."

But they were wrong.

I am definitely pro life. Roe is a very bad decision that should never have happened. It is simply bad law based on torturing rights out of the Constitution that were never in the Constitution. There is no such thing as penumbra rights. That said and understood. ...

Dred Scott removed rights. It found another category of rights that made taking away rights palatable.

Roe gives rights. However wrongly these rights were given they WERE given. The rights under Roe are supporting years and years of case law also giving rights. It's not going to be dismantled. Roe will never be overturned but it might be whittled down to mostly irrelevancy with use in only specific circumstances.

No doubt your ilk had the same attitude during slavery, saying "Dred Scott is not going to be overturned."

But they were wrong.

I am definitely pro life. Roe is a very bad decision that should never have happened. It is simply bad law based on torturing rights out of the Constitution that were never in the Constitution. There is no such thing as penumbra rights. That said and understood. ...

Dred Scott removed rights. It found another category of rights that made taking away rights palatable.

Roe gives rights. However wrongly these rights were given they WERE given. The rights under Roe are supporting years and years of case law also giving rights. It's not going to be dismantled. Roe will never be overturned but it might be whittled down to mostly irrelevancy with use in only specific circumstances.
So, it is your view that Roe does not deny the personhood or Constitutional recognition or protections to children in the womb like Dred Scott denied the same to slaves...

Got it.

I am always curious about the odds that when a male and female human have sex and get pregnant....the baby they create will be something other than another human being....I mean...if it is 100% of the time that the baby will be a human...it is in fact a small human, no matter how small....and the left keeps telling us that human beings have rights...

When it comes to abortion, conservative scum will side with rapists, every time. It does not matter what they say. Their word is hollow and meaningless. The people who need to be aborted are these worthless Republican shitlords in Arkansas who wrote this bill.
IF men could get pregnant abortion would be a sacrement
Yeah because no women oppose abortions. Right?

they might be against abortion for themselves,,,,,but still are for womens choice

When it comes to abortion, conservative scum will side with rapists, every time. It does not matter what they say. Their word is hollow and meaningless. The people who need to be aborted are these worthless Republican shitlords in Arkansas who wrote this bill.
IF men could get pregnant abortion would be a sacrement
Yeah because no women oppose abortions. Right?

they might be against abortion for themselves,,,,,but still are for womens choice
We are allllll for the freedom to make choices. Where some of us differ is on whether or not their should be consequences for the choices some people make that result in the death of a child.

But they were wrong.

So, it is your view that Roe does not deny the personhood or Constitutional recognition or protections to children in the womb like Dred Scott denied the same to slaves...

Got it.

My view is that life begins at conception. This is not a legal view. It is a good thing that medical technology has improved to identifying the unborn as persons earlier and earlier in gestation. It isn't the same as Dred Scott because Dred Scott wasn't in anyone's womb. He wasn't part of someone else's body.

Roe was bad law period. It should be overturned and abortion go back to the states. It won't be overturned because it found a penumbra right of privacy where none existed before. The case is foundational to dozens of cases relying on a penumbra right of privacy including medical privacy. That is why it won't be overturned.

But they were wrong.

Got it.

My view is that life begins at conception. This is not a legal view. It is a good thing that medical technology has improved to identifying the unborn as persons earlier and earlier in gestation. It isn't the same as Dred Scott because Dred Scott wasn't in anyone's womb. He wasn't part of someone else's body.

Roe was bad law period. It should be overturned and abortion go back to the states. It won't be overturned because it found a penumbra right of privacy where none existed before. The case is foundational to dozens of cases relying on a penumbra right of privacy including medical privacy. That is why it won't be overturned.
CDZ - Abortion laws should be left up to the States

What is the difference between living sperm, living eggs and a fertilized egg?

Sperm and eggs are haploid, having only one set of chromosomes. On their own, they have no potential to be anything more than single-celled sperm and eggs. Put them together, and you have a new, unique diploid organism, ready to grow into a complex, mature human being.
...which is a seamless continuum of life from the dim past, and over which conscious humans, acting in the world, make decisions all the time. Who is authorized to decide for an individual with mature, adult capacities what she will do with her reproductive potential?

What is the difference between living sperm, living eggs and a fertilized egg?

Sperm and eggs are haploid, having only one set of chromosomes. On their own, they have no potential to be anything more than single-celled sperm and eggs. Put them together, and you have a new, unique diploid organism, ready to grow into a complex, mature human being.
...which is a seamless continuum of life from the dim past, and over which conscious humans, acting in the world, make decisions all the time. Who is authorized to decide for an individual with mature, adult capacities what she will do with her reproductive potential?
In your view, are all human beings / petsons entitled to the "equal " protections of our laws? Yes or no.

Now the Arkansas legislature "passes law allowing rapists to sue victims who want an abortion."

Arkansas just passed a law that will let rapists sue victims who want an abortion

This law (1) gives the husband of his pregnant wife the legal right "to stop her from having an abortion, even in cases of spousal rape . . .". That will be cheered on by Iranian parliament.

And (2) husbands can sue for damages the doctors who carry out such abortions.

Insanity reigns in Arkansas.

Un-fucking-believable!!!! These conservatives are out of their goddamn minds....they are an absolute cancer.
Kill that baby!!!!!

Now the Arkansas legislature "passes law allowing rapists to sue victims who want an abortion."

Arkansas just passed a law that will let rapists sue victims who want an abortion

This law (1) gives the husband of his pregnant wife the legal right "to stop her from having an abortion, even in cases of spousal rape . . .". That will be cheered on by Iranian parliament.

People who believe life begins at conception, which would mean, their body is not entirely their own anymore once they become pregnant.

People who believe life begins at conception, which would mean, their body is not entirely their own anymore once they become pregnant.
Such a 'belief' ignores any sensible meaning of life.

Forum List

Back