🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who are these people who want to tell women what to do in their private lives?

All the rabid debate about this topic is why more and more young married couples are choosing not to have children. They are brave and courageous. Perhaps if a national effort to encourage couples not to have kids will result in a win for the nation and less unwanted, unneeded, and unnecessary pregnancies.

That makes me think of the opening “Case Studies” section of the movie Idiocracy, explaining how over the next five hundred years, Mankind will grow stupid, vulgar, and irresponsible, by showing us an intelligent, responsible married couple, Trevor and Carol waiting until the time is right to start having children, while Clevon, with an IQ of 84, is producing an abundance of posterity via at least three different women.

Less disease, less people le in hospitals, less garbage, less gas used so less oil needed, less manufacturing needed...win win win
More immigration. More immigrants on welfare. More crime. More rape. More pregnancy by rape. More abortions.

Giving rapists rights to sue seems warped...just saying. I know Arkansas is backwards but surely the law doesn't permit a felon to sue for a crime he committed. Is this fake news I'm smelling?

The “Giving rapists rights to sue…” was a willful deception, thrown into accounts of the bill in question. What it apparently really does is give husbands the standing to sue to stop their wives from having a child killed that is the husband's child as well. Some LIbEral filth threw in the phrase “even in cases of rape”, into a news story about the bill in question, and the media ran with that, making the story out to be about giving rapists the right to sue their victims.

Last edited:
Now the Arkansas legislature "passes law allowing rapists to sue victims who want an abortion."

Arkansas just passed a law that will let rapists sue victims who want an abortion

This law (1) gives the husband of his pregnant wife the legal right "to stop her from having an abortion, even in cases of spousal rape . . .". That will be cheered on by Iranian parliament.

And (2) husbands can sue for damages the doctors who carry out such abortions.

Insanity reigns in Arkansas.

As usual the hyperbolic headlines are wrong. The legislation allows only the doctor to be sued, by pretty much anyone, for performing what the legislation establishes as an illegal abortion (criminal felony).

Relevant bill text; AR - HB1032 ;

"The following individuals are excluded from liability under this1 subchapter: 2

(1) A woman who receives or attempts to receive a dismemberment3 abortion; 4

(2) A nurse, technician, secretary, receptionist, or other 5 employee or agent who is not a physician but acts at the direction of a6 physician; and 7

(3) A pharmacist or other individual who is not a physician but 8 who fills a prescription or provides instruments or materials used in a 9 dismemberment abortion to the physician or at the direction of the physician. 10"

Whether or not the Arkansas law making the abortion method illegal is constitutional is certainly up for debate, but lying about what the bill actually says is stupid. People can check this stuff with a 5 second google search.

Now the Arkansas legislature "passes law allowing rapists to sue victims who want an abortion."

Arkansas just passed a law that will let rapists sue victims who want an abortion

This law (1) gives the husband of his pregnant wife the legal right "to stop her from having an abortion, even in cases of spousal rape . . .". That will be cheered on by Iranian parliament.

Very strange law...I don't understand the purpose of it! :dunno:
Women who have been raped have all the right to abort because I can't even imagine to give birth to my rapist's child :eek:

Women who have been raped have all the right to abort because I can't even imagine to give birth to my rapist's child :eek:
You can't imagine it, and neither can I; You are correct in being horrified. People who want to control the very essence of your being are a horror. Because you are a woman, and men have always dominated women, some men for some reason feel compelled to separate you from your self determination.

In another thread concerning women's rights and abortion, I said that women should make the laws about it. That statement brought a response that equated women making abortion law with letting pedophiles make the legislation concerning pedophilia.
What do you think about that?

Islamic?

You can't imagine it, and neither can I; You are correct in being horrified. People who want to control the very essence of your being are a horror. Because you are a woman, and men have always dominated women, some men for some reason feel compelled to separate you from your self determination.
then why are you for supporting muslims/ islamics?

In another thread concerning women's rights and abortion, I said that women should make the laws about it. That statement brought a response that equated women making abortion law with letting pedophiles make the legislation concerning pedophilia.
I think I am not having a discussion on legality. I think I am having a discussion on the rationalization of the immoral as moral. Since you will not acknowledge that abortion is moral or immoral, it seems to me that you know I am right. You can end this discussion at anytime by acknowledging that it is wrong to end a human life but that you still support abortion. Then and only then will you be honest about it. Of course, that will create a conflict in your mind and the human mind cannot live in conflict which is why you do what you do.

There is a certain, selective kind of 'fundamentalism' rampant in the world, "Esthermoon", that seeks to impose a limited view of creation on everyone else. It isn't very elegant or erudite, but it is very insidious. The vocabulary used elicits simple emotions in simple minds. You and who you are means nothing, but what might be means everything. The ends justify their means. We see it in many places, though seeing it in the U.S. somehow makes it even uglier.
Who could look a woman in the face and say, "You must exist to produce!"? This is one of their basic tenets, part of the divide and conquer strategy to gain souls.

Not having kids is a most courageous decision by young married couples. It can be a worthwhile sacrifice.

Hi there4eyeM :bye1:
well I think the point is not women should make the laws about abortion or not. I believe laws should be made by smart and competent people. Women are not always "expert" on abortion, some of them are even legitimately against it :)

Hi there4eyeM :bye1:
well I think the point is not women should make the laws about abortion or not. I believe laws should be made by smart and competent people. Women are not always "expert" on abortion, some of them are even legitimately against it :)
Thanks, Esthermoon. No one is for abortion. We must all be for and support a woman's integrity as a human being. Existence itself seems very poorly understood, and in the U.S. in a particularly American way. Many people talk about 'God' in such a way that all it shows is they have a very small god in mind. Their expectation that all others respect their idol makes living together peacefully all the more difficult.
You are correct; 'real' laws, laws that are human and work, are made by the smart and the competent. Disappointingly, legislation frequently falls below that standard.

Forum List

Back