Who are these Pirates?

Johann Hari: You are being lied to about pirates - Johann Hari, Commentators - The Independent

The words of one pirate from that lost age, a young British man called William Scott, should echo into this new age of piracy. Just before he was hanged in Charleston, South Carolina, he said: "What I did was to keep me from perishing. I was forced to go a-pirateing to live." In 1991, the government of Somalia collapsed. Its nine million people have been teetering on starvation ever since – and the ugliest forces in the Western world have seen this as a great opportunity to steal the country's food supply and dump our nuclear waste in their seas.

Yes: nuclear waste. As soon as the government was gone, mysterious European ships started appearing off the coast of Somalia, dumping vast barrels into the ocean. The coastal population began to sicken. At first they suffered strange rashes, nausea and malformed babies. Then, after the 2005 tsunami, hundreds of the dumped and leaking barrels washed up on shore. People began to suffer from radiation sickness, and more than 300 died.

Did you have to search a long time to find this drivel or was it fairly available on the sites you go to?

Creating moral equivalancy between dumping and kidnapping, piracy and murder is one of the stupidest things I've read lately. Kinda calls to mind "Alice's Restaurant" doesn't it?

Please go get the post of mine that says what you claim?

It's the first post. It's in the the article you posted. You can re-read it if you are confused. I've already wasted my time cutting and pasting specific paragraphs for you today. If you are having trouble with the concept of moral equivalancy, say so and I'll see if I can help you out.

TM: why aren't you talking about this guy? why are you only talking about europeans?

Cali+Mahdi+Mohamed+Jan+1991+to+Jun+1996.jpg

Ali Mahdi

the man lost power on 1991.

why should I be talking about him instead of what the facts on the ground today are?

Did you have to search a long time to find this drivel or was it fairly available on the sites you go to?

Creating moral equivalancy between dumping and kidnapping, piracy and murder is one of the stupidest things I've read lately. Kinda calls to mind "Alice's Restaurant" doesn't it?

It's the first post. It's in the the article you posted. You can re-read it if you are confused. I've already wasted my time cutting and pasting specific paragraphs for you today. If you are having trouble with the concept of moral equivalancy, say so and I'll see if I can help you out.

I did not say what you claim.

Why are you still claiming I said it?

TM: why aren't you talking about this guy? why are you only talking about europeans?

Cali+Mahdi+Mohamed+Jan+1991+to+Jun+1996.jpg

Ali Mahdi

the man lost power on 1991.

why should I be talking about him instead of what the facts on the ground today are?

he is believed to have participated in the dumpiong...

also, i asked you about what we are being lied to about, and you said it was in the title of the article, i then asked if you then disagree with the title of the article...

do you disagree that we are being lied to?

I did not say what you claim.

Why are you still claiming I said it?

Where did I say YOU said it. You posted the article. The writer of the article does what I said. Are you now disavowing the article? Do you not buy what's in the article in whole or in part?

Johann Hari: You are being lied to about pirates - Johann Hari, Commentators - The Independent

The words of one pirate from that lost age, a young British man called William Scott, should echo into this new age of piracy. Just before he was hanged in Charleston, South Carolina, he said: "What I did was to keep me from perishing. I was forced to go a-pirateing to live." In 1991, the government of Somalia collapsed. Its nine million people have been teetering on starvation ever since – and the ugliest forces in the Western world have seen this as a great opportunity to steal the country's food supply and dump our nuclear waste in their seas.

Yes: nuclear waste. As soon as the government was gone, mysterious European ships started appearing off the coast of Somalia, dumping vast barrels into the ocean. The coastal population began to sicken. At first they suffered strange rashes, nausea and malformed babies. Then, after the 2005 tsunami, hundreds of the dumped and leaking barrels washed up on shore. People began to suffer from radiation sickness, and more than 300 died.

Then next time make yourself clear.

From the article
No, this doesn't make hostage-taking justifiable, and yes, some are clearly just gangsters – especially those who have held up World Food Programme supplies. But in a telephone interview, one of the pirate leaders, Sugule Ali: "We don't consider ourselves sea bandits. We consider sea bandits [to be] those who illegally fish and dump in our seas." William Scott would understand.

Annie what are the facts that establish this claim of yours?

You see you never produce any proof but just keep repeting the claim.

How very Rovian of you.

I'm laughing,, and a thinking.. "would TruthMatter take a lie detector test'? well, wouldshe/hehuh? :eusa_angel:

and that matters how?

It still provides no proof that I have ever told a lie.

You two keep posting in this thread for hours on end and fail to produce one lie.

What do you think this gains you?

I would have no problem passing one.

I still have not seen one lie by me prooved here.

I would have no problem passing one.

I still have not seen one lie by me prooved here.

Desh don't really lie....shes like Bush and Al Gore and Harry Reid, she actually believes the shit that comes out of her....but out of the 4, only Bush will get the label liar....they are hypocrites first, liars second...

Annie what are the facts that establish this claim of yours?

You see you never produce any proof but just keep repeting the claim.

How very Rovian of you.

Actually how very TM of me. You got that wrong, again. Like so much else.

All this time and posting and you cant present one iota of proof.

Forum List

Back