Who has a better life? $15 hour in San Francisco?or $7.25 hour in South Carolina?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Where would you want to live and rent for $400 bucks a month?

This:

images

Or this box for $400 bucks a month in someone's 1 bedroom apartment?

635950456092254633-12473806-10206516002323429-39923200845753346-o.jpg

Why it's not completely ridiculous to live in a $400 box in San Francisco

We started the search for a cat-friendly, one-bedroom apartment with the max price set to $2,500. It would be more than we spent in Washington, D.C., but split between the two of us, my boyfriend Brent and I could make that work. Zero results came up. We paid for an AirBnB for one full month to help us get settled and, ideally, not be forced into the first available apartment we found, so we took the next week to search online for apartments.

I could pay $1,400 for a private bedroom in a house with other roommates — but I’d have to leave Brent behind. I could live in the “PENTHOUSE DELUXX FULLY FURNISHED” scam that had a price tag of $99 a month. Or we could commute from San Jose. We gulped and bumped our search window up to $3,300. Finally, there were a number of options. I emailed all of them. Every single one. Photos or no photos. Regardless of neighborhood, distance from work or square footage, I emailed with my friendliest compliments about their “absolutely beautiful” properties...

Read more

For a dude who lives in a dingy trailer, you sure do come off as an arrogant prick.

Someone who earns $15 per hour in SF can have a little dignity and maybe not need any public assistance. Douche.

Hey, if you want to live in the middle of Nowheresville have at it.

For me, I'll take living in a place where there's actually things to do other than Friday night High School football.

Where would you want to live and rent for $400 bucks a month?

This:

images

Or this box for $400 bucks a month in someone's 1 bedroom apartment?

635950456092254633-12473806-10206516002323429-39923200845753346-o.jpg

We started the search for a cat-friendly, one-bedroom apartment with the max price set to $2,500. It would be more than we spent in Washington, D.C., but split between the two of us, my boyfriend Brent and I could make that work. Zero results came up. We paid for an AirBnB for one full month to help us get settled and, ideally, not be forced into the first available apartment we found, so we took the next week to search online for apartments.

I could pay $1,400 for a private bedroom in a house with other roommates — but I’d have to leave Brent behind. I could live in the “PENTHOUSE DELUXX FULLY FURNISHED” scam that had a price tag of $99 a month. Or we could commute from San Jose. We gulped and bumped our search window up to $3,300. Finally, there were a number of options. I emailed all of them. Every single one. Photos or no photos. Regardless of neighborhood, distance from work or square footage, I emailed with my friendliest compliments about their “absolutely beautiful” properties...

Read more

You raise a valid point. Why should it be assumed that a person working is doing it to survive financially? For example, it could be a teenager trying to earn enough money to fly to Europe for the summer as they live with Mom and Dad in a 3600 sq ft house. And for those that do work to survive, who is to say that the same salary will qualify for the same standard of living?

Dims can't handle treating people as individuals. Instead, they must treat us like cattle because to them, human beings are just glorified dumb animals anyway

I married into a Deep South family. Where I live now, real estate is much higher than in Alabama. I have frequently pointed out to my friends and neighbors, "For the price you pay for a house here, you can get a much bigger one on a lot more property in Alabama. But then...you have to live in Alabama." :lol:

SC. They are my kind of folks. They do not even compare to the leftists, fags, and freaks in San Fran.

So the liberals agree in this thread it is better to live in a 8 square foot dog kennel for $400 a month then 1000 square foot home with a yard?

Check...........

So the liberals agree in this thread it is better to live in a 8 square foot dog kennel for $400 a month then 1000 square foot home with a yard?

Check...........

I'm sure those prices were cherry picked. Did you notice one was for a specific city, and one was for a whole state?

Median income in California for 1 earner: $48,415

Median income for family of 3 in California: $63,030

California family of 4: $67,401

California family of 5: $75,656

Median income in South Carolina for 1 earner: $39,238

Family of 3: $50,548

Family of 4: $53,532

Family of 5: $61,388

U.S. Trustee Program/Dept. of Justice

I married into a Deep South family. Where I live now, real estate is much higher than in Alabama. I have frequently pointed out to my friends and neighbors, "For the price you pay for a house here, you can get a much bigger one on a lot more property in Alabama. But then...you have to live in Alabama." :lol:

images

Forum List

Back