Who have you seen/want to see in concert? Met in Person? ~ Damn I missed a Prince concert

Met every B ball star from the mid seventies to the nineties and have partied with a lot of them or have been to their homes.
Hakeem,Barkley,Kunnert,Bird,Murphy,Kareem,Hayes,Mcadoo,Fraiser,...pretty much every B Ball player retired or not from the seventies to the nineties.

I saw The Youngbloods and Miles Davis. That's it. Too crowded. Too many.....ack...PEOPLE all smooshed together. So...nobody.

I know, I hate crowds now... back then I never thought about the crowds. Everyone seemed mellow back then..Now everyone is uptight and angry..lol

Think that has a lot to do with getting old.
I used to love the party crowd,now I avoid it like the plague.

I go to the grocery stores really early to avoid crowds. Huge crazy parties, and hitch hiking..Did you do that?

Never did any hitch hiking but I do go to the grocery store early.

I was hitch hiking to Seattle ( not alone) when Ted Bundy was there. I didn't know it then. Dumb but everyone seemed to be hitch hiking back then..
I just went on a cruise to Mexico,and it was jammed crowded . I got up t 5 am just to have my space.

What sport stars have you met?

Pretty much every B Ball player from the early seventies to the nineties.
The old man was the trainer for the Rockets from their inception and I was ball boy for ten of those years.
Used to spend a lot of time at Hakeems house and Murphy's wife used to baby sit me and my brother.

I saw the Eagles first concert when they first got back together at the Ritz Carleton in Aspen. If I remember right tickets were a cool five grand a piece with the proceeds all going to charity and they sold the venue out in something like fifteen minutes! I got in for free because I was skiing buddies with the Ritz Carleton's F&B manager. Great show...it's like they'd never stopped playing together.

Now that was good luck to know the manager... $5,000 ykes. but the Eagles are so worth it if you have the money.
Do you think the band will come back? Differently of course..

Glenn Fry has passed away...so I would doubt it. Great night of music though...

Good memory for you, we all grew up with their songs . Along with the many who seemed to have died recently.

I wish Steve Perry would get back together with Journey. Neal Schon and Steve are magic together. I would jump on that ticket.

I went in to the town next to mine today. omg. So BUSY. I almost had a panic attack and got the hell out of there.

Ah bummer panic attack.

I went to the DMV and sat with a huge group of people ..waiting..

I hate it when very sick people are out spreading their germs on everyone. Perhaps we got this way because of the scare of aides back in the 1980's maybe. Or the news.

Got to meet Dickie Betts and Greg Allman which was cool. They were in town visiting Cher and stopped into the bar I ran for a couple beers. I didn't recognize either of them at first. Kept getting the feeling I knew the blonde haired guy from somewhere and I finally asked him how come I knew his face. He just smiled and told me that he was "kind of famous".

Was never a big Journey guy...My favorite band growing up was the Allman Brothers.

I just recently got into the Journey you tubes, wow really talented . Neal Schon was in Santana. Check them out.

Greg Allman thumbs up..I Some of my favorites they played on the radio all of the time. Do you still have albums?

I looked him up, he is touring.
Tour - Gregg Allman

Sad to say, Eagle...I haven't bought an album in years. For years I managed night clubs...kind of got burnt out on music.

I know, I hate crowds now... back then I never thought about the crowds. Everyone seemed mellow back then..Now everyone is uptight and angry..lol

I go to the grocery stores really early to avoid crowds. Huge crazy parties, and hitch hiking..Did you do that?

I was hitch hiking to Seattle ( not alone) when Ted Bundy was there. I didn't know it then. Dumb but everyone seemed to be hitch hiking back then..
I just went on a cruise to Mexico,and it was jammed crowded . I got up t 5 am just to have my space.

The old man was the trainer for the Rockets from their inception and I was ball boy for ten of those years.
Used to spend a lot of time at Hakeems house and Murphy's wife used to baby sit me and my brother.

Now that is a interesting story. any good stories that you remember from those days?

Got to meet Dickie Betts and Greg Allman which was cool. They were in town visiting Cher and stopped into the bar I ran for a couple beers. I didn't recognize either of them at first. Kept getting the feeling I knew the blonde haired guy from somewhere and I finally asked him how come I knew his face. He just smiled and told me that he was "kind of famous".
How funny..
I worked one 1/2 of a venue for the under 21 , the other side was over 21 fro drinks.
in the 1970's Mell the owner got some good bands in back then I was only 17.

Jefferson Starship played and they were in Mels house in the back getting wasted , I mean toasted..lol
I worked the hot dog stand..lol so they had to walk by me.

Do you remember Jesse Collin Young? I partied with him one night.

And one I'm still kicking myself for is bowing out of a planned trip down to Red Rocks to see Stevie Ray Vaughn. I couldn't get anyone to cover for me at work so I decided I'd catch his show next time he came through Colorado. He died a few months later.

Now that is a interesting story. any good stories that you remember from those days?

Oh yeah... I found a funny bag of white powder and a strange gold spoon in a locker one time and brought it to my old man.
He told me not to worry about it and dont say a word.
I'd give you a year but it'd be obvious who it belonged to.
Went to Greece,Italy and toured Europe with the Rockets over the years.
It was a cool as hell way to grow up and I got to meet football players and every imaginable hollywood stars.
The Old man is even in the NBA Hall of fame.
The little short Guy running out to help Rudy T. Is my Pops.

I was there when this happened.

And one I'm still kicking myself for is bowing out of a planned trip down to Red Rocks to see Stevie Ray Vaughn. I couldn't get anyone to cover for me at work so I decided I'd catch his show next time he came through Colorado. He died a few months later.

My best friend in high school became a pilot . She flew for some big names but the one that she talks about is Kenny G .. I guess he was a jerk..at least she thought so.

How funny..
I worked one 1/2 of a venue for the under 21 , the other side was over 21 fro drinks.
in the 1970's Mell the owner got some good bands in back then I was only 17.

Jefferson Starship played and they were in Mels house in the back getting wasted , I mean toasted..lol
I worked the hot dog stand..lol so they had to walk by me.

Do you remember Jesse Collin Young? I partied with him one night.

I do remember him. I think the weirdest experience I ever had was with the band Los Lobos. They played a bar I worked at in Northampton, Ma called Pearl Street and after the show wrapped up their tour bus had mechanical problems so they were hanging out while it got fixed. We ended up sitting around watching the New York Islanders / Washington Capitals NHL playoff game that went into five overtime periods before it finally ended. So there I am explaining hockey to a bunch of dudes from the LA barrio, drinking beer until like three in the morning. Then they got on their bus and headed out for the next gig. Fun guys. Pretty down to earth.

My best friend in high school became a pilot . She flew for some big names but the one that she talks about is Kenny G .. I guess he was a jerk..at least she thought so.

The biggest douche I ever met from the music industry was Michael Hutchence from INXS. They played at the Wheeler Opera House in Aspen and we fed the band after the show. Hutchence was so full of himself you just wanted to punch him in the face. That was when he was telling people that INXS was going to be bigger than the Beatles.

Oh yeah... I found a funny bag of white powder and a strange gold spoon in a locker one time and brought it to my old man.
It was a cool as hell way to grow up and I got to meet football players and every imaginable hollywood stars.

Did Kermit die? Interesting video, and I saw your dad. What a fascinating childhood to travel the world with your pops.
It seems like white powder was flowing in those days for the stars.

Sad to say, Eagle...I haven't bought an album in years. For years I managed night clubs...kind of got burnt out on music.
Did you have live bands, or disco.?. I used to love to get a good buzzz going and dance. I don't drink anymore.

I was running a club that did live bands and then Saturday Night Fever came out and we changed over to disco and dj's. I've done both over the years. I like the bands better music wise but jesus were they a pain in the ass most of the time.

Did Kermit die? Interesting video, and I saw your dad. What a fascinating childhood to travel the world with your pops.
It seems like white powder was flowing in those days for the stars.

As far as I know Kermit is still around.

Forum List

Back