Who have you seen/want to see in concert? Met in Person? ~ Damn I missed a Prince concert

Damn, I put it off. I was so close to buying a ticket to see Prince. A good seat was like $500.00.
I saw David Bowie in the 1990's

Back in the 1970's I went to so many concerts in Seattle, I have forgotten
Some are
Led Zeppelin
ZZ Top
Johnny Winter
Days on the Green in the San Fran Bay area ~ Lynard Skinner
James Brown

I met the group Jefferson Starship ( I worked at a venue for a short time)

1980's
Rolling Stones ~ who invited me backstage lol
Met Jesse Collin Young and partied together.
Dan Folgenberg
Backstage of Jackson Browne ( my friend knew the drummer)
Montrose

1990's
Paul McCartney
David Bowie

Ok who is on your bucket list to see?

Too many to list and i was wasted at several, well all of them..Except Nitty Gritty Dirt Band in 1974..Plus I roadied for a while and worked sound and lights at night clubs/concert halls that had bands....

Sad to say, Eagle...I haven't bought an album in years. For years I managed night clubs...kind of got burnt out on music.
Did you have live bands, or disco.?. I used to love to get a good buzzz going and dance. I don't drink anymore.

I was running a club that did live bands and then Saturday Night Fever came out and we changed over to disco and dj's. I've done both over the years. I like the bands better music wise but jesus were they a pain in the ass most of the time.
I had a great time during the disco era...

Sad to say, Eagle...I haven't bought an album in years. For years I managed night clubs...kind of got burnt out on music.
Did you have live bands, or disco.?. I used to love to get a good buzzz going and dance. I don't drink anymore.

I was running a club that did live bands and then Saturday Night Fever came out and we changed over to disco and dj's. I've done both over the years. I like the bands better music wise but jesus were they a pain in the ass most of the time.

Big ego's to do what they are doing. Especially the big bands like Aero Smith, Van Halen , Poision, ect. wild crazy parties with women..They are all sober now.

I got into the disco too for a while, good old dancing days gone by.

Damn, I put it off. I was so close to buying a ticket to see Prince. A good seat was like $500.00.
I saw David Bowie in the 1990's

Back in the 1970's I went to so many concerts in Seattle, I have forgotten
Some are
Led Zeppelin
ZZ Top
Johnny Winter
Days on the Green in the San Fran Bay area ~ Lynard Skinner
James Brown

I met the group Jefferson Starship ( I worked at a venue for a short time)

1980's
Rolling Stones ~ who invited me backstage lol
Met Jesse Collin Young and partied together.
Dan Folgenberg
Backstage of Jackson Browne ( my friend knew the drummer)
Montrose

1990's
Paul McCartney
David Bowie

Ok who is on your bucket list to see?

Too many to list and i was wasted at several, well all of them..Except Nitty Gritty Dirt Band in 1974..Plus I roadied for a while and worked sound and lights at night clubs/concert halls that had bands....

Did you roadie for any big bands?

I was at a rolling stones concert and went to get a beer, standing watching the band and some guy came up to me and asked if I wanted to go back stage and party with the Stones....

Damn they wanted a groupie..lol ....umm go back stage and get wild or go back where my future husband is.
I made the right choice, it would have been cool to see it though.

Big ego's to do what they are doing. Especially the big bands like Aero Smith, Van Halen , Poision, ect. wild crazy parties with women..They are all sober now.

I got into the disco too for a while, good old dancing days gone by.

Steve is still in and out of rehab...

I was hitch hiking to Seattle ( not alone) when Ted Bundy was there. I didn't know it then. Dumb but everyone seemed to be hitch hiking back then..
I just went on a cruise to Mexico,and it was jammed crowded . I got up t 5 am just to have my space.

What sport stars have you met?

Pretty much every B Ball player from the early seventies to the nineties.
The old man was the trainer for the Rockets from their inception and I was ball boy for ten of those years.
Used to spend a lot of time at Hakeems house and Murphy's wife used to baby sit me and my brother.

Now that is a interesting story. any good stories that you remember from those days?

Oh yeah... I found a funny bag of white powder and a strange gold spoon in a locker one time and brought it to my old man.
He told me not to worry about it and dont say a word.
I'd give you a year but it'd be obvious who it belonged to.
Went to Greece,Italy and toured Europe with the Rockets over the years.
It was a cool as hell way to grow up and I got to meet football players and every imaginable hollywood stars.
The Old man is even in the NBA Hall of fame.
The little short Guy running out to help Rudy T. Is my Pops.

I was there when this happened.

Did Kermit die? Interesting video, and I saw your dad. What a fascinating childhood to travel the world with your pops.
It seems like white powder was flowing in those days for the stars.

As far as I know Kermit is still around.

I would think that you are pretty much the only one in the world who grew up like that. I watched Trouble with the Curve with Clint Eastwood a few nights ago. It is on a much lower level of your experience. But I found it interesting.

So you would travel just in the baseball season or all the time?

I had a great time during the disco era...

Did you have long hair Moonglow? I was a Disco Hippie~ Fun days

I have seen John Denver, Chicago, Ray Charles, Reba McIntyre with Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson with Leann Rymes, Fleetwood Mac, and went to a local venue that had featured several bands of punk/rap namely Pink Bead and a few others.

Back in the 80's I did get tickets to see Michael Jackson, but the little bastard cancelled the show.

As for meeting any artists? I grew up just a few blocks from Diane Schur & would visit on occasion, long before she had become a famous Jazz singer

I have seen John Denver, Chicago, Ray Charles, Reba McIntyre with Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson with Leann Rymes, Fleetwood Mac, and went to a local venue that had featured several bands of punk/rap namely Pink Bead and a few others.

Back in the 80's I did get tickets to see Michael Jackson, but the little bastard cancelled the show.

As for meeting any artists? I grew up just a few blocks from Diane Schur & would visit on occasion, long before she had become a famous Jazz singer

Calling Michael Jackson a little bastard..= :lol: He would have been a awesome to see .

All great bands that you went to.. John Denver, Ray Charles , Chicago Thumbs Up !

Calling Michael Jackson a little bastard..= :lol: He would have been a awesome to see .

All great bands that you went to.. John Denver, Ray Charles , Chicago Thumbs Up !

I agree it would have been awesome to see, but he pissed me off for cancelling...not long after that his secret life caught up to him

Thanks for the nice chat, I will reply in the morning..Revisiting good memories!

I agree it would have been awesome to see, but he pissed me off for cancelling...not long after that his secret life caught up to him

We have seen many time these big stars crashing and burning . He was so talented, but didn't have a life. Except for his kids and mom..
I feel sorry for what happened..But I don't believe he slept with any kids.. They went after him for the money..

How do you feel about that?

We have seen many time these big stars crashing and burning . He was so talented, but didn't have a life. Except for his kids and mom..
I feel sorry for what happened..But I don't believe he slept with any kids.. They went after him for the money..

How do you feel about that?

I'm not sure what to think about all that and I don't doubt money played a big part of it all. But I didn't like the stunt of hanging his baby out a window, even if he did have a good hold on it.

Remember his show (I think it was a Superbowl halftime show?) where the stage platform rose up with him at the top & all the pomp & wow factor around it? When I seen that & realized it was like portraying himself like God above all others (or atleast that's how it looked to me), I thought at that time he was doomed.

Robert Hazard and the Heroes, Hooters, The Vels, Bunnydrums,(uk's) Stranglers, Vandals,
HENRY ROLLINS (MET), Pretty Poison, Fleshtones(Met), Circle Jerks (met), Psychedelic Furs, Translators, Ministry,
Alien Sex Fiend, Tones on Tail (love and rockets), Killing Joke, This Mortal Coil,
Sisters of Mercy, Gun Club,
Flock of Seaguls, Adam and The Ants,
New Order, Shriekback,
blues artist Sonny Rhodes (Met),
Dead Milkmen (Met), and "X".
Oh and I met Michael “ Spider ” Sanders the drummer for the very first black punk band called Pure Hell, although his party did not end well.

Wish I would have seen;
Joe Jackson, Graham Parker, Visage,
Gary Numan,
Siouxsie & the Banshees, Gang of Four,
Ian Hunter, 999, Agent Orange, Virgin Prunes, or the
Dead Kennedys.

Pretty much every B Ball player from the early seventies to the nineties.
The old man was the trainer for the Rockets from their inception and I was ball boy for ten of those years.
Used to spend a lot of time at Hakeems house and Murphy's wife used to baby sit me and my brother.

Now that is a interesting story. any good stories that you remember from those days?

Oh yeah... I found a funny bag of white powder and a strange gold spoon in a locker one time and brought it to my old man.
He told me not to worry about it and dont say a word.
I'd give you a year but it'd be obvious who it belonged to.
Went to Greece,Italy and toured Europe with the Rockets over the years.
It was a cool as hell way to grow up and I got to meet football players and every imaginable hollywood stars.
The Old man is even in the NBA Hall of fame.
The little short Guy running out to help Rudy T. Is my Pops.

I was there when this happened.

Did Kermit die? Interesting video, and I saw your dad. What a fascinating childhood to travel the world with your pops.
It seems like white powder was flowing in those days for the stars.

As far as I know Kermit is still around.

I would think that you are pretty much the only one in the world who grew up like that. I watched Trouble with the Curve with Clint Eastwood a few nights ago. It is on a much lower level of your experience. But I found it interesting.

So you would travel just in the baseball season or all the time?

Mainly during the Basketball season,but I didnt get to do to many due to school,but the whole team took trips and brought their families along every year.

I was backstage (~1998 ) in the lounge areas with Sammy Kershaw. My sister-inlaw went to school with his fiddle player. I got to sit in high back chairs on stage when they warmed up. It was awesome when he practiced 'Yard Sale'

He did not allow alcohol in the lounge areas but there was a ton of other good eats and drinks available

Good times

-Geaux

I saw in concert, in no particular order -

The Beatles
The Beach Boys
The Kinks
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Cream
The Doors (with Morrison)
Jefferson Airplane
The Who
The Band (Dylan's)
Janis Joplin and the Holding Company
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Ten Years After
Led Zeppelin
The Jeff Beck Group
Jethro Tull
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
King Crimson
Steve Miller
Stevie Wonder
Weather Report
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Miles Davis
Freddie Hubbard
The Buddy Rich Big Band
The Herbie Hancock Sextet
Yes

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are a lot more.

Oh, I saw RATT too :laugh:

Oh I love it, you were definitely into the 60's weren't you?

Lucky Lucky seeing the Beatles, Hendrix, Joplin, basically all of them are awesome.
Hard to say I am sure but what was your favorite experience?

Impossible. I was at Woodstock 1969 (at age 16) so that gains points as a collective experience.

My college roommate drove to Woodstock to see the concert...ran into the massive traffic jam to get there...and decided it wasn't worth the long walk so he turned around and left. So he was ALMOST at Woodstock!

My college roommate drove to Woodstock to see the concert...ran into the massive traffic jam to get there...and decided it wasn't worth the long walk so he turned around and left. So he was ALMOST at Woodstock!

Yup.

Took us almost 6 hours to get from the turn-off to a parking area.

Forum List

Back