Who’s afraid of the big bad sequester? Not most people.

This should get pretty interesting. Obama's apocalyptic warnings have put him out on a limb, and the GOP will be able to point at them pretty easily if they don't come to clear fruition. Live by the sword, die by the sword, looks like we're sure as hell gonna find out.

the whole purpose of the sequester mtg tomorrow is so obama can tell the other branch of gov to come up with a plan, so he can blame congress and not assume responsibility.
I was a youth counselor for several years and blaming others is a thinking error.
obama uses so many thinking errors that delinquent youth use it's hilarious.
This idiot obviously ruled the roost as a kid. Sorta like a dry drunk

who’s afraid of the big bad sequester? Not most people.

thirty-seven percent of americans said they would tell their member of congress to let the deep federal spending cuts known as sequestration go into effect as scheduled, according to a gallup poll released on wednesday,

FYI --words have meanings.

most /mōst/ adjective

greatest in amount or degree: "they've had the most success"; "they had the most to lose".
Adverb
to the greatest extent: "the things he most enjoyed".

Sequester sounds like a good thing to me.

Since when is Govt having to cut spending a bad idea? Hell. They spend out money like it grows on a tree.

I live on a budget. Our Govt should do the same.

So, when your income tax refund is three months late, you won't have a problem with that. So, when you have to wait an extra hour in line at the airport, you won't have a problem with that. So when your kid, or a friend's kid,is told to go home from Head Start you won't have a problem with that.

The problem I will have is those fat cats in Congress will continue to collect their checks as they send the economy in a tail spin. If this thing drags out more than a week past tomorrow, the hurt is going to start hitting the economy. The private sector will begin planning layoffs.

So, when your income tax refund is three months late, you won't have a problem with that. So, when you have to wait an extra hour in line at the airport, you won't have a problem with that. So when your kid, or a friend's kid,is told to go home from Head Start you won't have a problem with that.

The problem I will have is those fat cats in Congress will continue to collect their checks as they send the economy in a tail spin. If this thing drags out more than a week past tomorrow, the hurt is going to start hitting the economy. The private sector will begin planning layoffs.

Well, the question is whether these things actually happen. You're right, if they do, the public will easily be able to point the finger at the GOP.

There's a wild card here, though, and I'm not familiar enough with federal spending processes to know how it goes: If these things do indeed happen, and if it turns out that federal funds could have been diverted to avoid them and they were not for political gain, then the situation reverses.

I dunno.

All these minor things are fixable. The world will not cease because we have no sequester.

Well, the question is whether these things actually happen. You're right, if they do, the public will easily be able to point the finger at the GOP.

There's a wild card here, though, and I'm not familiar enough with federal spending processes to know how it goes: If these things do indeed happen, and if it turns out that federal funds could have been diverted to avoid them and they were not for political gain, then the situation reverses.

I dunno.

The GOP wants to cut.
If we cut, then we won't get the stated above.
If we default and everytihng above stops, it will be the consequence that the GOP wanted.

It's the GOP's fault.

LOL. The state of Illinois alone has around $6 billion in upaid obligations to a myriad of agencies. That's a pretty big number for a state this size. And this is AFTER an increase in state income tax and corporate income tax.

http://www.ioc.state.il.us/index.cfm/linkservid/3B6AB3D8-CAE7-493F-1E9D84D1D5E6ECD9/showMeta/0/

There's no wholesale collapse of agencies in Illinois.

Obama wants his tax increases but won't match them with cuts. Screw that.
As I've said, this is all smoke and mirrors, honk and jive, dog and pony. It's an attempt to frighten the public for political gain.

The thing is there are no proposed spending cuts. That's all bullshit. They're proposing spending $85B less but are still increasing spending.

This entire 'sequester' thing is laughable. Both sides are getting what they want which is more taxpayer bucks. Oh, excuse me. Revenue.

:eusa_hand:

I hate both sides and wish all of them, every last one, could be given the boot.

These are not "deep cuts" in spending. They are smaller increases than planned. About 2% smaller.

It's like your boss telling you that instead of a 10K raise this year you're going to get a 9800 dollar raise.

Tell me would that make you sell your cars, shut off your cable, and sell your kids into slavery?

What does that say about most people? If does not affect them because they have nothing to be afraid for. Most are not affected by the spending or the cuts. But there are others who will be affected.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back