Who should play Snake Plissken in remake of Escape from New York.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I am thinking, maybe Pedro Pascal......he does some good work......maybe Charlie Hunnam from Sons of Anarchy........

1589764664725.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

I was hoping for Kurt Russell and Martin Short to do
Captain Ron 2.

Another good sequel would be Rainman 2.
( I know Tom Cruise is a crazy, egotistical Scientologist, but when you look past all that, he's really a hell of an actor...)

Last edited:
I am thinking, maybe Pedro Pascal......he does some good work......maybe Charlie Hunnam from Sons of Anarchy........
NO ONE. They shouldn't even ATTEMPT to remake this classic. No one, and I mean no one, could do a better job with that character than Kurt Russell did. I truly HOPE they don't remake this movie.

1589765121294.png

Most of Hollywood doesn't know how to do anything original. Hence the remakes. Like isn't there three or four Charlie's Angels movies now? But alas! They don't know how to take a chance and run...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

When a movie knocks it out of the park on its first go ... eg 'Ghostbusters', 'Arthur', 'The Day The Earth Stood Still"... making a cash-grab re-make is figuratively urinating on its memory.

There are some classic movies that could use a remake. Movies that, for one reason or another, weren't sufficiently funded to make them correctly. Movies that were cast incorrectly. Or, movies so far from the source material that they were unrecognizable.

Movies that I would like to see remade include:

"When World Collide" -- the George Pal classic didn't have a budget to do the effects it needed.

"The 7 Faces of Dr Lao" -- another George Pal gem that suffered from bad casting and tiny budget.

"The Shadow" -- the best of the pre-Marvel Era superhero movies suffered from bad casting (Alec Baldwin was too pudgy at that point to play the eponymous hero). Needed a better ending and much better effects. 'The Shadow' as a character is vastly superior to most of the characters in the MEU and was orginally a radio drama hero, not a comic book. As much as I think super hero movies have been done to death, this character deserves a better legacy than the 1994 movie.

Last edited:
When a movie knocks it out of the park on its first go ... eg 'Ghostbusters', 'Arthur', 'The Day The Earth Stood Still"... making a cash-grab re-make is figuratively urinating on its memory.

There are some classic movies that could use a remake. Movies that, for one reason or another, weren't sufficiently funded to make them correctly. Movies that were cast incorrectly. Or, movies so far from the source material that they were unrecognizable.

Movies that I would like to see remade include:

"When World Collide" -- the George Pal classic didn't have a budget to do the effects it needed.

"The 7 Faces of Dr Lao" -- another George Pal gem that suffered from bad casting and tiny budget.

"The Shadow" -- the best of the pre-Marvel Era superhero movies suffered from bad casting (Alec Baldwin was too pudgy at that point to play the eponymous hero). Needed a better ending and much better effects. 'The Shadow' as a character is vastly to most of the characters in the MEU and was orginally a radio drama hero, not a comic book. As much as I think super hero movies have been done to death, this character deserves a better legacy than the 1994 movie.

Some films get a pass. Scorsese's CAPE FEAR was a knockout, as good in many ways as the original.

I'm looking forward to DUNE in December, because it hasn't been done right yet. Maybe the third time's the charm.

Forum List

Back