Who should play Snake Plissken in remake of Escape from New York.....

I am thinking, maybe Pedro Pascal......he does some good work......maybe Charlie Hunnam from Sons of Anarchy........

"Call me ... Snake ..."

stacey_abrams-450x253.jpg

Her two front teeth are almost far enough apart to look like fangs!

When a movie knocks it out of the park on its first go ... eg 'Ghostbusters', 'Arthur', 'The Day The Earth Stood Still"... making a cash-grab re-make is figuratively urinating on its memory.

There are some classic movies that could use a remake. Movies that, for one reason or another, weren't sufficiently funded to make them correctly. Movies that were cast incorrectly. Or, movies so far from the source material that they were unrecognizable.

Movies that I would like to see remade include:

"When World Collide" -- the George Pal classic didn't have a budget to do the effects it needed.

"The 7 Faces of Dr Lao" -- another George Pal gem that suffered from bad casting and tiny budget.

"The Shadow" -- the best of the pre-Marvel Era superhero movies suffered from bad casting (Alec Baldwin was too pudgy at that point to play the eponymous hero). Needed a better ending and much better effects. 'The Shadow' as a character is vastly superior to most of the characters in the MEU and was orginally a radio drama hero, not a comic book. As much as I think super hero movies have been done to death, this character deserves a better legacy than the 1994 movie.

Yeah.....there seems to be a lot of potential to that character....I recently saw that they have several old movies on Netflix with the Shadow....or maybe it was hulu or Peacock..........you might want to check those out for fun.....

I love Rockwell, but Tom Hardy would make a great Snake.

Plus he's hawt.

When a movie knocks it out of the park on its first go ... eg 'Ghostbusters', 'Arthur', 'The Day The Earth Stood Still"... making a cash-grab re-make is figuratively urinating on its memory.

There are some classic movies that could use a remake. Movies that, for one reason or another, weren't sufficiently funded to make them correctly. Movies that were cast incorrectly. Or, movies so far from the source material that they were unrecognizable.

"When World Collide" -- the George Pal classic didn't have a budget to do the effects it needed.

"The 7 Faces of Dr Lao" -- another George Pal gem that suffered from bad casting and tiny budget.

"The Shadow" -- the best of the pre-Marvel Era superhero movies suffered from bad casting (Alec Baldwin was too pudgy at that point to play the eponymous hero). Needed a better ending and much better effects. 'The Shadow' as a character is vastly superior to most of the characters in the MEU and was orginally a radio drama hero, not a comic book. As much as I think super hero movies have been done to death, this character deserves a better legacy than the 1994 movie.
have to disagree.....Blade was the best pre marvel era....

Yeah.....there seems to be a lot of potential to that character....I recently saw that they have several old movies on Netflix with the Shadow....or maybe it was hulu or Peacock..........you might want to check those out for fun.....
the ones on netflix ...i dont think any of those had to do with the Shadow......

I love Rockwell, but Tom Hardy would make a great Snake.

Plus he's hawt.

Sorry, Tom Hardy is one of the most over rated actors in history....and you can never understand anything he is saying....he mumbles all of his parts.......... from the criminal in Peaky Blinders to Bane, to that movie about the twins in Britain, and Mad Max........

the ones on netflix ...i dont think any of those had to do with the Shadow......

I think they are Shadow movies.........at least they advertise being about the Shadow......I think, I'll have to go back and look.

I think they are Shadow movies.........at least they advertise being about the Shadow......I think, I'll have to go back and look.
they just mention the word shadow in the title ,they have nothing to do with the character the shadow.....its like "bad day at shadow creek".....

Forum List

Back