Who the fuck moves into a house and haven't been on their job a year yet and has...

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
No savings account or credit cards? My brother used up all his savings for the down payment on the house and now has to keep borrowing money from my mom because he is trying to maintain a car, pay a mortgage and bills and in a relationship. So what happens when the car don't start one morning? Or the roof is leaking?

I can't believe this fool committed himself to a mortgage and don't even know if his job is stable and has no credit card for unexpected situations.

This may have been the stupidest decision I ever seen someone make. This asshole has nothing to fall back on if something unexpected happens

Your brother needs to be acquainted with a little thing called, a budget. Have your mom make the introduction.

No savings account or credit cards? My brother used up all his savings for the down payment on the house and now has to keep borrowing money from my mom because he is trying to maintain a car, pay a mortgage and bills and in a relationship. So what happens when the car don't start one morning? Or the roof is leaking?

I can't believe this fool committed himself to a mortgage and don't even know if his job is stable and has no credit card for unexpected situations.

This may have been the stupidest decision I ever seen someone make. This asshole has nothing to fall back on if something unexpected happens

The good news is ... housing markets have never been affected by the kind of behaviour. Have they?

How was he even approved? They have really tightened things up now days, and it is hard to get approved.

I bought my first house when I was an 18 year old single father and had less than a year on my current job and had no credit card. I bought it for cash. It had a shitload of fire and water damage and of course the firemen went axe-happy on it too. There wasn't a wall in that big ol' house that didn't have a hole chopped through it.

But the garage was untouched and had a loft apartment above it. We lived in there for a couple years before I got the house into liveable condition. It needed a lot of work.

When my five kids grew up moved out and I was an empty nester I converted it into a tri-plex and moved into a smaller house. about 10 years ago. It brings me in over $40,000/year in rent money. I think it was an excellent investment. That house has probably paid for itself 100 times over.

How was he even approved? They have really tightened things up now days, and it is hard to get approved.

He put a lot of money down from all the saving the past 5 years and not paying rent when he was living at home

Forum List

Back