Who was the best founding father of America? (poll)

Who was the best founding father of America?

• George Washington

• Alexander Hamilton

• Benjamin Franklin

• Thomas Jefferson

• John Adams

• James Madison

• Donald Jonathan Trump

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who did the most to influence the creation of America?
Madison created most of the Constitution that laid the framework for America

You are right except that it was Franklin that laid the foundation for many of the guidelines and principles for the colonies upon which the Constitution was based. Madison might have put it all together into words on paper very eloquently but Franklin was the spiritual and legal compass that guided those words.

George Washington because he set the standard for how a Constitutional government works.

When offered the Kingship of the country he declined. That makes him the best by far.

He also declined being first president until dragged kicking and screaming. What you say is true, but Washington was first and foremost a soldier and a leader of men more than a legal scholar, politician or bureaucrat.

Madison created most of the Constitution that laid the framework for America

So why do you go against that so much?

George Washington because he set the standard for how a Constitutional government works.

When offered the Kingship of the country he declined. That makes him the best by far.

He also declined being first president until dragged kicking and screaming. What you say is true, but Washington was first and foremost a soldier and a leader of men more than a legal scholar, politician or bureaucrat.

That's one reason why America is great! I voted for Washington.

Big Ben doin' some work on the poll so far! The Newton of his time, repping the good ol' U S of A

Washington was a British Officer. How do you think he was able to defeat the worlds best army of the time?

George Washington. Anyone who could cross a frozen river in the dark to kill the enemy in his sleep, on Christmas no less, is a total badass.

Last edited:

Who do you think are the rulers of countries back then? Gustavus Adolphus was killed in battle.

Who do you think are the rulers of countries back then? Gustavus Adolphus was killed in battle.

True, but since the question was who was the BEST founding father and I had to pick one, I went with Ben Franklin for his moral guidance. Washington and Madison were tied for number 2 and Jefferson probably for Number 3 though I might have liked to have seen a few other names on the list like John Jay and Roger Sherman, the only person to actually sign and ratify all four Organic Laws of the USA.

True, but since the question was who was the BEST founding father and I had to pick one, I went with Ben Franklin for his moral guidance. Washington and Madison were tied for number 2 and Jefferson probably for Number 3 though I might have liked to have seen a few other names on the list like John Jay and Roger Sherman, the only person to actually sign and ratify all four Organic Laws of the USA.

Ben is a good choice. I merely chose who I personally thought best, but they are all suitable candidates.

Madison. End/thread.

Likely so. He is the chief author of the Bill of Rights, after all. The flip side of that is that the anti-federalists have been proven correct in their predictions and fears time and time and time again.

They were both right. By naming them it was limited and if they hadn't been named then you wouldn't have any.

I get a kick out of reading people that appear to be genuinely puzzled as to why the 9th amendment exists and the pretense of how it's really the 10th amendment that belongs to us.

They were both right. By naming them it was limited and if they hadn't been named then you wouldn't have any.

I get a kick out of reading people that appear to be genuinely puzzled as to why the 9th amendment exists and the pretense of how it's really the 10th amendment that belongs to us.

Heh heh. That's true. The Ninth Amendment was simply enacted in order to clarify that it was not just the unumerated rights in the Bill of Rights that were protected. The Bill of Rights itself is uneccesary, really, but was enacted because of the concerns people had that the new government would destroy their rights.

That's actually a really good topic, Disir.

Obammy said that Muslims founded America.
President Barack Hussein Obama said that Islam is one of America’s founding religions, one that has been “woven into the fabric of our country since its founding.” This is an outrageous lie. Islam had no part at all in the founding of our nation.
But we all know that Democrats are stupid lying racist cretins.

Forum List

Back